PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Car Rental/Magical Express..

LauraSAnne
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
This is a doozie of a question, so bare with me!

My inlaws are flying into Orlando the day before we are but they need to rent a car to drop someone off in another city. The next day my husband and I are flying in with our siblings.

My in-laws would like to know if they can then turn the rental back in at the airport the day we fly in and catch the bus (Magical Express) with us.

If not, can they drop off their rental car at Disney? If so...

--where?
--what times?
--what rental services can they use in order to drop off at Disney?
--will a bus take them to their on-property resort from there?
--any additional info/reviews would be VERY much helpful and appreciated! :thumbsup:

princessM0m
10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
If their names are on a WDW resort reservation that begins the day you arrive they should be able to take DME. I don't know about the rental returns at WDW--you would have to see which rental companies are onsite there.

CleveRocks
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
This is a doozie of a question, so bare with me!

My inlaws are flying into Orlando the day before we are but they need to rent a car to drop someone off in another city. The next day my husband and I are flying in with our siblings.

My in-laws would like to know if they can then turn the rental back in at the airport the day we fly in and catch the bus (Magical Express) with us.
Do they have reservations at a WDW owned-and-operated resort? If so, then they can ride DME.

They can ride from the airport to their resort on OR AFTER their check-in day, and they can ride frpm their resort to the airport on OR BEFORE their check-out day.

LauraSAnne
10-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, they are staying on Property (Coronado) however the check-in day is for the day AFTER they land. We will be arriving the day of check-in, they will be arriving the day before and renting a car...which they would like to turn back in at Orlando the day we arrive, and then take the bus with us. They just want to do what is easier...turning in the rental at MCO and taking the bus, OR turning in the rental at Disney.

lindique
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I think that it is much easier to return the car on Disney property and avoid the bus ride. All of the major rental companies have offices somewhere on Disney property - Alamo is at the Car Care Center, National and Alamo are at the Dolphin, Hertz is at Shades of Green, and Avis, Dollar, and Budget are on Hotel Blvd in Downtown Disney. They will shuttle you to your hotel when you return the car.

sainter
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
They can do either - I guess whichever is less time on the road for them makes sense. If they want to arrive at the resort with you as a family, have them come back to the airport and ride with you though!

LauraSAnne
10-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the information! :mickey: