PDA

View Full Version : Ian's INTERCOT 10th Anniversary Bash Trip Report - Day One - It Begins

Ian
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
My flight left at 7AM from Philly to Orlando, so I was at the airport by 5AM. My flight was on time and totally uneventful (the best kind!) and even landed a few minutes early. Gotta love Southwest! :thumbsup:

Emily was picking me up from MCO, so I called her when I got on the ground. She was inbound, so I grabbed a quick snack at McDonald's, walked down outside of baggage claim, and she literally pulled up the second I walked out the door. Talk about good timing!

Things were off to a great start ...

I wanted to head to Saratoga and check in before heading out to the parks, so we got there around 10:30 or so, checked in pretty smoothly, and went up to the room. While I was there unpacking, John called. He was on his way over to SSR from MK, where he had attended the morning trivia meet, so we agreed to wait for him to arrive before going out to the parks.

It didn't take too long before John called back ... he was at the front desk trying to check in, but his room was going to be all the way across the resort from ours. No good. After some wrangling, though, he ended up being issued a room in our building. The catch was it wasn't ready yet, so he came up to my and Gary's room, dropped off his bags, and we headed over to MK for a bit. We really just wanted to get some food before the Tambu Lounge meet at 4PM. After I picked up my new AP, we walked over to Cosmic Ray's and dined on the classic Disney meal of burgers and fries. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Things started to unravel a bit at this point ... Gary called and he was on his way to SSR from the airport. Originally, we told him to just get his key, drop off his bags, and head over to MK. Problem was, John had his park admission. And his park admission was in John's bags in the car back at the hotel. Also, John needed to pick up some "swag" from his car to give out at the MNSSHP party, so we decided it was best to just head back to the resort.

We went back to SSR for a bit, picked up our new INTERCOT gear, picked up a Gary, relaxed a little, and then headed to the Poly for our Tambu Lounge meet.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were there!! We had a great turnout and a great time. I got to put lots of faces with some very familiar usernames, which is always great. We hung around for a good hour or so (despite the best efforts of the cast member who kept trying to kick us out!). Not to mention that Frankie showed up, which is always good!

Another high point for me was getting to meet all of the Magical Journeys folks!! It was really great to FINALLY be able to put a face to Karen's name ... she's helped make so much magic for my family that I really enjoyed getting to hang out with her and the rest of the MJT gang for a bit!

Some folks had ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern before MNSSHP, so they slowly filtered over to Magic Kingdom. Gary, Em, and I actually had a ressie at like 4:15, but we were having so much fun that we canceled it and ended up eating at Kona Cafe with Frankie and Christine. We had a great meal there. Christine just had light fare, since she and her sister were eating at Wolfgang Puck's later that night. The rest of us split between the steak teryaki and the pork and everyone had nothing but positive things to say about their meal.

We finished up and then monorailed it over to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP. We got our wristbands, picked up our trick or treat bags, and headed in to party with Mickey. We met in the Tomorrowland Terrace and decided to go check out a show of the Laugh Floor Comedy Club. Fortunately for John, he was not deemed to be "THAT GUY"!! ;)

When we got out, a few of us were very eager to go ride the new Haunted Mansion, so we bolted up to Liberty Square to try and squeeze a ride in before our IASW ride through. Luckily, we caught HM during the first parade and there was virtually no line.

All I can say about the updates is ................... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did an incredible job with this refresh. I mean the entire thing from start to finish is just awesome. The audio is great, the scenery is great, the new additions were FABULOUS, and even the existing stuff looks and sounds great again. Our entire party was just totally and completely impressed. Kudos to the Imagineers on this one!!

After we rode through, we hustled over to IASW and met up with our fellow Doll Warriors. We were big enough that we took up an entire boat and even had a few folks left behind in a second boat (sorry John and Carol!). I can't give out too many details on how the battle went, but let me just say that all of our soliders returned home safely. ;)

We wrapped up the night with a great viewing spot for Happy Hallowishes near the Castle. Some of us took a quick spin on the TTA and then we headed up to Frontierland to meet the whole crew for the parade. When that ended, we were so darn pooped, that we just hightailed it back to SSR for some much needed sleep.

We knew we needed to be up bright and early for the Soarin' meet at Epcot and we didn't want to risk missing any of the fun!!

ibrowse17
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Nice start:thumbsup: Looking forward to hearing from everyone about the big weekend.

BriarRose0708
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I love Southwest, too! Glad to hear you had a smooth flight in, I always have problems when I connect in Philly.

The Friday meets were so much fun as was the Halloween Party! Looking forward to re-living everything with your next installment!

Ian
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I love Southwest, too! Glad to hear you had a smooth flight in, I always have problems when I connect in Philly.Yeah, Philly is a very busy airport. We have lots of backups and delays.

I'm always happy when I get in and out anything approximating on time. ;)

disneydrmr
Thanks for sharing your report Ian! Sounds like your trip is off to a great and fun start! Glad to hear you "left no man behind' during the Battle of IASW. Looking forward to reading more!

Jasper
Ok guys, don't make your trip reports sound just TOOO good because you will make those of us left behind even more jealous!!

Seriously though I am happy that everyone seemed to have such a good time.

Ian
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok guys, don't make your trip reports sound just TOOO good because you will make those of us left behind even more jealous!!I'm afraid that isn't possible.

Our trip really was TOOO good! :number1:

Goofeygal
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Glad the trip went so well, even though I am sooooooooo jealous that I couldn't go.:(

KylesMom
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you're off to a great - albeit crazy - start, Ian. I must admit, it's strange to read your trip report without the family entourage included!

All I can say about the updates is ................... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did an incredible job with this refresh. OK, if the ever-cynical Ian thinks it's good, it really must be GREAT! Only 277 more days to go until we can see it first-hand.

Wow, this really turned into a party. Hope you guys didn't give Intercot a bad name at Tambu Lounge! :D :marg: Looking forward to more . . . :party:

offwego
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Sounds like fun...I'm so glad the meets went well. (and still mighty jealous that I missed them.)
Can't wait to hear all the rest.

Jeff G
10-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a long day. Your description of the HM would sum up my feelings as well, the updates are superb.

From the posts I've read the Intercot meets were well attended, that must have been fun to chat in person and put names with the new faces.

Thanks for sharing!

TikiGoddess
10-16-2007, 08:28 PM
That Tambu Lounge meet was a great way to start off the weekend for me -- also got to put some faces to names (and thank Wendy for all her hard MJ work!).

Thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing more!

Kathy

pjbs35a
10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Not to mention that Frankie showed up, which is always good!

Gary, Em, and I actually had a ressie at like 4:15, but we were having so much fun that we canceled it and ended up eating at Kona Cafe with Frankie and Christine. We had a great meal there. Christine just had light fare, since she and her sister were eating at Wolfgang Puck's later that night. The rest of us split between the steak teriyaki and the pork and everyone had nothing but positive things to say about their meal.

Good food, good company, good conversation, good times !!!

Bethis26fan
10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a great first day.

Ian
10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Good food, good company, good conversation, good times !!!Amen, Frankie!

Now how about adding "good pictures" to that list?

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/IanIJM/INTERCOT%2010th%20Anniversary%20Bash/?action=view&current=INTERCOT10thAnniversaryBash-Oneofth.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3

dolphinmickey9170
10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
So glad you had a great time, Ian. The pix are awesome.

I always look forward to your trip reports. Can't wait to read more.

Thank you so much for sharing. What days will you be in the world for December? We are going the 14th-21st. Our mini meet in August doesn't hold a candle to the official anniversary bash. Looking so forward to everyone's reports!!

ElenitaB
10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the pics, Ian. :D

BriarRose0708
10-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Great pictures Ian! I love the EPCOT behind the scenes.

MsMin
10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
It was great meeting you. The time just flew by. Don't know how you manage to get it up so fast!!
:minnie:

Ian
10-17-2007, 09:53 AM
We'll be down the 8th or 9th through the 14th or 15th of December.

Can't wait! :number1:

Momof2boys
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos. It's weird not seeing Ducky in your shots ;)

What a great time you guys had !

disneydrmr
10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for posting your pictures! Love them!

Beach Club Babe
10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Glad the trip went so well, even though I am sooooooooo jealous that I couldn't go.:(

My thoughts exactly! Glad you all had a great time!

dpamac
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
When I opened your slideshow it started with Gene Gene the Dancing Machine at Jellyrolls. I only wish I could have videotaped his Vanilla Ice.

Hmmm. Clearly taking photos of the guy with the giant Irish head while he drinks a Guinness makes him surly.

Also, that Irish guy clearly can't sing.

Ian
10-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Also, that Irish guy clearly can't sing.I'm pretty sure that places him squarely in line with the rest of our group. I don't recall any talent scouts chasing us out the door to sign us to contracts.

That being said, I do recall a lot of people telling me that watching us was very entertaining. Once the Ep-Crawl guys left we were pretty much the main attraction.

Dsnygirl
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
:mickey: Ian, it was great to finally met you and put a face with your name!! Glad to hear the rest of your 1st day was so good... looks like we outlasted you at MK, though!! I think we got back to our resort around 1am.... yawn!! Thanks for the report! :D

dpamac
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't recall any talent scouts chasing us out the door to sign us to contracts.

Though I'm pretty sure was chasing us the door. Not that I blame them.

Ian
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Though I'm pretty sure was chasing us the door. Not that I blame them.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have another Guinness, Irish Boy! ;)

sleepingbooty
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm so excited to start reading Anniversary trip reports!

pdrlkr
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Very entertaining! I have so many Intercot reports to go through! Maybe I'll hold off on mine to let it clear out!

SgtTigger
10-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report........

I am glad to hear that the Doll Wars went well.....

:cop: :tigger:

dpamac
10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have another Guinness, Irish Boy! ;)

That should have said "someone". I hit post to fast. Again.

Ian
10-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh, then yeah. You're right. There were definitely people chasing us out the door.

I think they were small and kinda glittery if memory serves.

murphy1
10-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Those are great Ian!! TFS. I love them! Gary, you're supposed to be smiling when you drink Guinness.

I'm glad to see so many face with name tags. John looks like George Bush to me!

Ian
10-18-2007, 11:08 AM
John looks like George Bush to me!HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily
10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
John looks like George Bush to me!

That is hysterical!! :funny:

It was a great start to the weekend, for sure. :thumbsup: I really enjoyed the Tambu Lounge meet and MNSSHP. Good times!!

HndrdPrcnt
10-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing! The pics were great! I so wish I could have been there as there are so many folks I would have loved to meet! A 15th Anniversary Meet on the Horizon???

Ian
10-19-2007, 08:18 AM
A 15th Anniversary Meet on the Horizon???I would say there's little doubt about that!

dpamac
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Those are great Ian!! TFS. I love them! Gary, you're supposed to be smiling when you drink Guinness.

Nothing like Partying with the Prez. Of course, you'd think he would have been able to get us on Dinosaur then . . .

I was smiling most of the time with the Guinness. Most likely I was blinded by the flash. Jellyrolls is dark.

poeticeclipse
10-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank you, Ian! It's great to read reports from the meet. You all make is nice for us bums who used up all of their vacation time on their honeymoon! haha.

PirateLover
10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
We'll be down the 8th or 9th through the 14th or 15th of December.

Can't wait! :number1:

We'll just miss you! We decided to do a last minute trip Dec 2nd-7th. We are actually driving... yikes! I'm sad I missed this event... maybe I'll be there for the 15th anniversary??? :cool:

Ian
10-20-2007, 08:29 AM
I think I'm driving, too, which almost guarantees we'll pass each other somewhere along I-95 ... me headed South and you headed North!

faline
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Great pics Ian! I don't notice any of your bus ride back to Saratoga Springs. I would have thought you'd have had plenty of time to take pics on that ride!

Ian
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Great pics Ian! I don't notice any of your bus ride back to Saratoga Springs. I would have thought you'd have had plenty of time to take pics on that ride!No, that little experience I had to catch on video! :thedolls:

John
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM

In what bizarro universe to I bear any resemblance to either George Bush? I've heard a few things over the years - Huey Lewis, Phil Hartman but never that.

Remember kids - don't do drugs.

Ian
10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
In what bizarro universe to I bear any resemblance to either George Bush? I've heard a few things over the years - Huey Lewis, Phil Hartman but never that.Now see, Lewis or Hartman I can see!

Bush? Not so much ...

DizNee143
10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
sounds like a great time...off to read more..