PDA

View Full Version : Its the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown

amy-rella
10-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I have been searching the TV listings everywhere and cannot find whether or not this fall favorite special will be aired this year! It recent years, I know that ABC has been showing this and the other Charlie Brown holiday specials (CBS used to air them when I was a kid:old:). I've looked on ABC's website, TV Guide, and searched on our Tivo trying to find it. We do have the DVD but it is much more exciting watching it on TV. Please don't tell me that it won't be on this year!! :fit:Has anyone else had any luck finding out when it might be aired this year? I sure hope that I haven't missed it. Thanks!:pumpkin:

ibrowse17
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Man, it is just not Halloween to me without seeing that. I hope everyone finds it in their area:thumbsup:

diz_girl
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
There are still two weeks until Halloween. It will most likely be shown sometime during the week before Halloween. I wouldn't be surprised if it's shown sometime next week.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
The way they schedule things nowadays they'll probably air the Halloween special on Oct. 31 and their Christmas special on Nov. 1.

NotaGeek
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I checked on the TV Guide website and there's nothing listed there, either. Hmmm. Surely they can't expect us to watch the commercial free DVD? :pumpkin:

amy-rella
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Good news....I found it! This morning, I looked (again) on TV Guide online (the exact same search that I used yesterday) and it will be on in my area on 10/30 @ 8:00pm on our local ABC station. Yay! :blackcat::bat::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin::witch::f rank::scrow:

DVC2004
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
We bought the Charlie Brown holiday dvd collection a few years back so we can watch them whenver we feel like it! But I do agree, it's something we all still look forward to finding on the TV.

BriarRose0708
10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and The Great Pumpkin."

Best. Line. Ever. from a Charlie Brown special. I'll be watcing this one!

JPL
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I have my DVD ready to roll this weekend :pumpkin: Now to find the time to watch it :blush:

alphamommy
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and The Great Pumpkin."

Best. Line. Ever. from a Charlie Brown special. I'll be watcing this one!

This is a great line, but I always go to pieces when Linus recites from Luke in "A Charlie Brown Christmas". I remember hearing our minister reading that before Christmas one year, and excitedly telling my mom, "Hey! That's Linus' speech from 'Charlie Brown'!" I once heard another minister refer to him as "The Prophet Linus" - I love it!

Bethis26fan
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
It comes on at 8 on 10/30 on abc here as well.

Figgyluv03
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Surely they can't expect us to watch the commercial free DVD? :pumpkin:
Alreaady have! I needed my fix and Halloween isn't coming fast enough!!!!!

SimbaandNalasMama
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I am with you guys, must have it be on tv, with commercials (which i will zoom through, thanks to tivo :) ) for it to feel like Halloween. I guess i am a traditionalist. Its the same with Rudolf and A Christmas Story. (hello, 24 hours of it on Christmas day!!)

i'm grumpy
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
We never manage to sit down and watch the dvd.

I did find a show on PBS about Mr. Schultz. It's in the new TV Guide dated Oct 29-Nov. 4.

Kenny1113
10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Good news....I found it! This morning, I looked (again) on TV Guide online (the exact same search that I used yesterday) and it will be on in my area on 10/30 @ 8:00pm on our local ABC station. Yay! :blackcat::bat::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin::witch::f rank::scrow:
Great! Thanks ! I just tivo'd it. :thumbsup:

Disney Babe
10-25-2007, 02:25 AM
This is a great line, but I always go to pieces when Linus recites from Luke in "A Charlie Brown Christmas". I remember hearing our minister reading that before Christmas one year, and excitedly telling my mom, "Hey! That's Linus' speech from 'Charlie Brown'!" I once heard another minister refer to him as "The Prophet Linus" - I love it!

Every year I see the Snoopy Christmas ice show at Knott's. Linus always, always gets a lot of applause for saying this. Kudos to Knott's for still including it in their show.

i'm grumpy
10-28-2007, 09:53 PM
The PBS special is Monday night.