PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Pixie Dust for MIL

daparish
10-16-2007, 01:38 PM
My MIL lives with DH and I. She is 82 years old (she was 44 when DH was born) and she had a massive stroke last night. Things are not looking good. We sure could use some powerful prayers and pixie dust. Even though she is 82 years old she could walk circles around me and DH and it is so hard to believe that you can be fine one minute and a death's door in the blink of an eye. To make matters worse I was on vacation last week with my mom and sisters and my work load is impossible. My boss keeps saying take the time off you need but I keep wondering who will do the work if I am not here. I am waiting for an update from DH. They did another catscan this morning but we have to wait for the neurologist to give us the results.

DisneyWhirled
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Pixie dust and prayers for your MIL and entire family!

I know how hard it is, as last year at this time we were going through the same thing with my DMIL.

Please take care of yourself!

SBETigg
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
:pixie: for your MIL and for you and your family! Hugs.

RedSoxFan
10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Sending lots of prayers for you MIL. God Bless.

Jeff
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I will remember your MIL and your family in my prayers!

NJBelle
10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I'll be praying! Sending lots of :pixie: , best wishes, and lots of hugs and prayers.

vamaggie
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Will keep all your family in our prayers. Make sure to take care of yourself too!

MsMin
10-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Lori,
I 've been thinking about you. Sending loads of :pixie: for you all. You have my # if you need to talk. I do have to go to N.O. real soon....:angel:

offwego
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
pixie dust and prayers on it's way..I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope your able to get the time you need

kakn7294
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Lori, I know I haven't kept in touch lately but I've been thinking about you lately. I'm so sorry about your MIL. I'll keep you in my prayers. Contact me if you want to talk - sometimes it really helps to have someone just to talk to - I know that Beth will be there for you too!

ElenitaB
10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Prayers for your entire family.

I totally understand how you feel about the work piling up, but the work will be there waiting for you when you return... spend time with your family now. :hug: (As a compromise, is your work something you could work on using a laptop?)

crazypoohbear
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope and pray that she makes a full recovery. It is very scary to have to wait and not be able to do anything. I pray that everything works out alright for you all.
Please keep us posted on her progress.

daparish
10-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks everyone. I am really sorry I have not been posting much but I have been reading the boards. They restricted the websites we can access at work and I have only been able to access Intercot at home.

This is much harder then I thought it would be. Even though she is elderly she is in great shape and I just thought she would live forever. Our house is so quiet without her we can hardly stand it. She has been one of my best friends since Scott and I got married and was always there to listen to my problems. Everyone I know would question being able to live with their MIL but I always said I would not have it any other way. She is truly one of the best people I have ever meet in my life. Scott and his brother and sisters are very strong people and I am the one crying uncontrollably in the hospital but yesterday when I got home from work I could tell Scott had a really bad day and spent most of it crying.

I was not there when they spoke to the dr yesterday. He said she would get progressively worse and she is but I am not sure how long this will take. (Kathy - maybe you can help with this one. I will pm you). A priest will be in today to administer last rites and I may go into work after that. I work for a senior broker so most of my work nust be done in the office. I do have a junior who is assisting me but he is new and does not really know all the ins and outs yet but he is getting the job done. It's never a good time at work but this is a really bad time. We are in the middle of an audit and a new system that requires all of us to go to training. Also, continuing education is due.
Thanks so much for listening. You all are the best. Beth, I would love to get together when you come to NO if things are settled by then.

God Bless

daparish
10-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. She passed away last night.

kakn7294
10-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm so sorry Lori. You've been in my thoughts and prayers since you first posted. I wish there were something I could do for you. PM or call me if you want to talk.

mtown71
10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers are heading your way!!!

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
:( I am so sorry to hear that your MIL passed away - I just saw the first post, and she sounds like she was an amazing woman. Sending prayers and :pixie::pixie: your way.

mrsgaribaldi
10-25-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Lori. Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for her and all of you.

merlinmagic4
10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm very, very sorry for your loss. You have had some incredibly hard days. :pixie: for you and your husband (and the rest of the family).

faline
10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Lori, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.