PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Weekend - Part 1 of 2

MissStyles
10-16-2007, 09:53 AM
This was actually my first Intercot or Disney-related meet. I figured since I live so close I might as well pop down for the weekend. My mom lives in Bradenton (1.5 hour drive away) so it wasn’t hard to convince her to join me, considering we both have FL resident passes. I scored an AP rate for 2 nights at the All Star Sports resort and everything was set. :thumbsup:

I got to work on Friday morning and was ready to leave the minute I got there of course. It was completely dead all morning luckily…and before I knew it, it was noon and time for me to jet outta there! Traffic was fine and by 2:15 I was pulling under the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign!!! My mom had already checked in for us by the time I got to the parking lot of our resort…so all we had to do was unpack quickly and head out. I was starving but I wanted to hold out until we got to the MK for a dole whip float. We drove over to EPCOT to park our car. Our plan was to end the night there so instead of driving to the TTC and back we figured it would be easier to take the monorail back and forth. Plus, no trip is complete without a ride aboard the highway in the sky! When we got to the MK I realized just how gorgeous the weather was today. After entering through the turnstiles and taking some photos of the fall decorations we made a quick stop at the town hall for me to grab a birthday pin. I normally don’t like that kind of attention, but I figured why not? (My birthday was on the 10th.) Then we finally made it to Aloha Isle for me to purchase the famous dole whip float. (Side note: I used to have a dole whip on the background of my computer at work and my boss made fun of me. Before I left for the trip he kept asking if I was going to get my “cool whip”. Yeah buddy, try learning the right term! Side note to the side note: he just walked in and saw me typing this, I told him it’s a trip report and it’s not worth explaining hehe.) Back to Aloha Isle, I swear this line was the longest all trip, but it was definitely worth it. I inspired the guy behind me to get the same thing as me…a float with vanilla/pineapple swirl. I told him he would not be disappointed with his choice – I’m hoping he loved it as much as I loved mine. After satisfying that month long craving…we ventured over to Pirates and walked right on. Next we got some popcorn (the containers were so cute, they had candy corn all over them) and did something I haven’t done in a long time – The Country Bear Jamboree. It was cute and brought me back to the 80s for a bit. After the show we went and tried out the “improved” Haunted Mansion. The cast member at the door’s face was painted like death…I loved it. I commented on how this ride must be the best during the Halloween party. The updates were awesome and something in the stretch room made me jump. That’s all I’m going to say. ;) Moving on…..we went on the teacups (always a classic) and the TTA (can’t go to WDW without riding it). It was about 6:30 at this time so we decided to head back to EPCOT so we could get to France for our dinner. Upon exiting there were so many people coming in costumes. It was great seeing them all. There was a fog coming out underneath the train station that added to the effect. It was creepy in a cool way. I can only imagine how fun it was at night. We hopped onto the monorail and chatted with some nice ladies. They were on their way to the Grand Floridian Café for dinner. They told me happy birthday which was nice of them. We made it over to France in plenty of time for our 7:50 ADR. We checked in at 7:25 and were seated within 10 minutes. While waiting we saw tons of people being turned away. Our table was in the front area next to a window but towards the back/side so it was less quiet/hectic than the main room. It was perfect for us! I chose the French onion soup and the baked goat cheese salad for my meal. The soup was huge and I could only eat half. My mom got the baked chicken with basil mashed potatoes and braised tomatoes. I tried a bite of each and might consider getting that meal next time I dine there. Everything melted in my mouth. I really wanted to get a crepe for dessert, but I was WAY too full. Unfortunately, the waiter had a different plan. He brought us out a fork and spoon and I realized what he was up to. A few minutes later about 8 waiters came over singing Bon Anniversaire and presented me with a chocolate mousse cake (on the house!). I couldn’t refuse it and it turned out to be really tasty. It was really nice even though it made me blush big-time. :blush: After our meal we walked over to the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk to check out the game for a bit. I’m actually routing for both teams…since I’m originally from Boston and lived in Ohio for 1.5 years before moving here to Florida. I’m happy either way! After watching the game we walked back to EPCOT (which was having Extra Magic Hours) and walked around reading the various Food and Wine Festival menus. My mom needed a treat so we stopped at the Norway bakery and she got a fruit tart, I just had a glass of water since I was so full from dinner. I started to fade so we headed back to the hotel where I fell right asleep (and my mom watched the end of the game).

Coming up…EPCOT with Intercot! :party:

KylesMom
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
First off, Happy Belated Birthday! What a great place to celebrate your birthday AND Intercot's Anniversary! Ah, the race to the Dole Whip stand - I know it well! :D

Sounds like your first day was a great one - can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup::mickey:

vizsla
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Sounds like your day was off to a great start. Sure wish I had the time to come down and you all in the fun.

disneydrmr
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll add a happy belated birthday wish also! What a great way to spend it. Sounds like the trip is off to a great start. Looking forward to reading more.

BriarRose0708
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey, welcome back! It was great to meet you! Looking forward to reading more...

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
wow what a busy day!! but it sounds like you really made the most of the time you had once you got to disney!! :mickey:

ibrowse17
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a great start to the weekend, wish we could have been there:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Sounds like a great first day.

bettie
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Great report!!

I hope the man behind you in line at Aloha Aisle was as satisfied from the dole whip float as you were!! Or should i say..... "cool whip float". So wrong!! :oops:

SgtTigger
10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Alright.....

Cant wait for the next part.....

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Happy belated birthday! :party: You certainly found a great way to celebrate it.

I'm still giggling over "cool whip." :haha:

offwego
10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Happy Belated birthday!:party: Thanks so much for your report!

faline
10-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Great way to celebrate your birthday! :party: