PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones ride

disneydrmr
10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
How rough is this ride? Is it as rough as Dinosaur in AK is? I did not like Dinosaur at all, so keeping that in mind would I like Indiana Jones or not?

MidnTPK
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
They are very similar rides...same ride vehicle and the DL ride might even be somewhat more thrilling. But I'd still suggest riding it. I think that it is the best Disney ride anywhere.

It is a lot brighter inside of the IJTFE than it is inside of Dinosaur, so it is more themed and has more to see....you not being jerked around in the dark like you are on Dinosaur.

So if you got sick or something than maybe you'll still want to avoid it, but it is such a classic ride that avoiding it completely would be a shame. The queue alone is worth experiencing.

*tinker_belle*
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree. Also every ride is different. Some trips are jerkier then others and some are a bit less jerky. If being thrown around is what you do not like then by all means stay away from this one.

thrillme
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
It was a little milder than Dinosaur but for the most part it was exactly the same thing with snakes and wooden bridges etc instead of dinosaurs

BrerGnat
10-16-2007, 10:13 PM
The main difference is, as mentioned, more lighting so there is more to see. Also, the ride slows down and stops a lot more than Dinosaur, so you at least get a break from all the crazy movement.

HOWEVER, it is the EXACT same ride vehicle and technology, so expect it to FEEL very much the same. If you HATE Dinosaur (i.e. if you would hate the ride itself with your eyes closed and in complete silence) then you should skip Indiana Jones (although I would not recommend this). :thumbsup:

Tink&Goofy
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I rode Dinosaur for the first time last Sunday. I actually thought it was quite a bit milder than Indiana Jones - and slows down more often. I LOVE Indiana Jones - it is one of my very favorites! The theming is fantastic!
That being said, if you don't like the bumpiness of Dino, then Indiana Jones is not for you. But it sure would be a shame to miss it!!

Tinkerfreak
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Believe it or not but we have never been on this ride and we have been every year for the past 6 years (6th trip in less than 2 weeks). It just seems like every time we get walking around DS we just get confused and somehow miss it or just get never quite get to it. DD and I were just talking about tis on Sunday and we agreed we have to make it a point to do this ride this trip no matter what! Now after hearling all of your feedback on it I am even more excited to do it.

Mandalorian30
10-18-2007, 05:28 PM
I'll be making my first trip to DL in April, and this is the ride I think I am most excited for! I can't wait to experience it for the first time!

MegaDisney
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I have often wondered why they did not offer a "motionless" ride for the disabled or guests with motion sickness or back problems.

NotaGeek
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I have often wondered why they did not offer a "motionless" ride for the disabled or guests with motion sickness or back problems.

Like just play the movie on an endless loop in a room with bean bag chairs? :mickey:

MegaDisney
10-18-2007, 09:57 PM
No silly turn off the motion on the vehicle...:rolleyes:

NotaGeek
10-18-2007, 10:11 PM

But what about the bean bags? :D

disneydrmr
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Um, if they turned off the motion of the vehicles it wouldn't be a ride at all.. it would be a 'sit still and do nothing'....

But what about the bean bags? :D

Wouldn't it be GREAT if they would come up with a ride where you sit on bean bags?! Would be a better cushion for one's rear end - that's for sure! How about a Bean Bag merry go round?:D

MegaDisney
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
The vehicles could still move through the attraction but not have the "Motion" on.

The EMV vehicles tires stay on a very flat surface, the tops of the vehicles move using hydraulics, sort of like a motion simulator.

They would just need to turn off the hydraulics and it would be simular to a dark ride.

*tinker_belle*
10-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Now wheres the fun in that??