PDA

View Full Version : Happy Dance about Dole Whips!

Samtastic
10-16-2007, 08:38 AM
:trio: YAY!!! I don't know if any of you guys know this, but Dole Whips are probably one of the better choices-eating wise at Disney! I checked out the product info (I can send anyone the link in a PM if you want) and it has pretty good nutritions (for Disney!!)

It ranges from 80-90 Calories/ 1/2 cup. Has under 3 grams of fat (ps the fruit flavors only have only 0.5 grams of fat!!--it's the vanilla and chocolate that have 2.5 g) and 0 cholestrol. It can be marketed as Low fat, cholesterol free, gluten free, and lactose free (for any of those out there with those allergies rejoice!)

This goes for the vanilla and chocolate flavors too--they are not ice cream, but rather a frozen dessert. (And I'm almost positive the strawberry and orange stands are the same product as well).

Sorry if Im the only excited about this, but I love finding out indulgences really aren't that bad for me! No more :goodbad:

:yay:

disneymom15
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info. We always try to find things to eat that are good for us. Not that we don't like the naughty treats now and then, but, we work hard on a daily basis to keep ourselves in shape and don't want to totally blow it on vacation. 9 days and counting for us.

Jared
10-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the information, and I hope Ellen sees this post. I teased her this weekend for thinking Dole Whips were remotely healthy, so I guess I owe her an apology!

Isn't it nice to know the best treat may not clog your arteries too much?

:tasty:

septembergirl
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I am delighted to hear this. I tried Pineapple Dole Whip and the Dole Whip Float for the first time on our last trip (I prefer the Dole Whip:thumbsup:) It was my absolute fav. I also tried the fresh ice cream cookie sandwich at Main Street Bakery and it really didn't do much for me. I would much rather have the Dole Whip (or 2:blush:) than that and I know I was eating a disgusting amount of fat/calories with the chocolate chip cookie sandwich!

illini
10-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, considering the number that I eat while claiming to be having fruit... this is definitely good news! I'm so happy you posted this.

(And Jared, that new username threw me off for a second there.)