PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Birthday Bash - part 7

dlpmikki
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Tuesday 9th October
We have discovered the Citibank cards were also rejected here on Friday. We have given a different card to the front desk but plan to avoid actually charging anything. The “e-mails” with London have reached the point where the manager seems to recognise he should be doing something and has promised to contact his technical people.

Today is another “non-park day” so I relax in the room while the humans set off for the malls. First stop is Florida Mall where they get T-shirts from the Disney Store for about $5.00 each. They also find the Hallmark store has the little statues for less than the store at Crossroads. Mikki gets two Mickeys including her favourite, “I speak for Mickey”. Andrew gets one of Tinker Bell with the message, “Yes, I’m spoilt; and your point is?” He says something about it should have been a statue of me. I don’t understand. Is that what humans call a joke?

Next, it’s to Premium Outlets. Andrew bought some Bose headphones and they have broken. They are well out of warranty and he does not expect they can do anything but they offer an upgrade to the current model for $50. Andrew takes it as this is a much better result than he had hoped for.:D

Premium Outlets means another Character Outlet. Mikki stocks up on Christmas ornaments. In another store, she gets some Halloween T-shirts.

Their last stops are to re-stock with supplies at Publix and get salads from Subway for tonight.

In the evening, Mikki and Andrew decide to explore the main hotel. It is quite close: and very big. They walk further within it than to get to it. They walk round what they think is a reasonable pool before rounding another wing of rooms and coming across the main pool.

Inside, the hotel is a large convention hotel: impressive in scale and price. If the people here play with toy cats they probably don’t want to admit it while at their conventions.

Wednesday 10th October
This morning we are off to the Studios for some more rides and pictures.

We ride Star Tours and watch Muppet Vision 3D. Mikki then decides it is time for my picture with Mickey Mouse. Mikki has even put on a matching shirt with Mickey in sorcerer outfit for the occasion. Tragedy: the whole street is closed. :-o We get a guide map. Sure enough, there is no alternative location for pictures with Mickey. We go the long way round to “One Man’s Dream”. The humans eat pulled pork sandwiches at Studio Catering. Mikki notices the backlot streets are even more bare than before. The pile of newspapers has now gone. How are we supposed to take interesting pictures if Disney keeps taking away the interesting bits? I hope that when they finish the current building work some of these things, including Sorcerer Mickey will come back.
As we leave the park Mikki stops to check on our photo pass pictures – only 65 so far but the Test Track one is there. We need more night shots she decides. We have one stop to make before going back to the hotel for a rest – more cough sweets as Mikki’s sore throat/cold seems to be getting worse.

After a nice rest we get a call from Ellen saying they have managed to get the early flight. This is great news! Mikki has been playing telephone tag with the hotel staff and tennis pro’s trying to arrange some tennis for Thursday morning when they supposedly have an option for 3 folks to join in a game with the pro. When Mikki finaly speaks to the Pro he says he can’t remember the last time there were 3 people to play! Mikki decides to go for the one on one with the Pro option at the same time the 3 folks session would have been. With her cold she is not sure how sensible she is being but hopes the exercise might actually help!:ill:

While booking the tennis, Mikki picks up a leaflet a bout Reebok and Rockport outlets. It claims that there is a Rockport store with the Reebok outlet at the Lake Buena Vista Outlets. We are in the car without delay. The leaflet lied – but at least there is another Disney outlet to look round.

We also take advantage of free internet access to put up some of this trip report and check e-mail. The latest from Citibank is that an authorisation was given to AKL hotel but the account has not been debited. Citibank say the problem must be between the hotel and Visa. It is strange it was both Marriott and Disney hotels with a problem. Perhaps life was easier when humans did not expect computers to work magic and just relied on wishing on a star. ;)

Soon it is time to go to the airport and pick up Ellen and her son, Ben. We manage to find the right way to the pick up point for Jet Blue and find we are rather early. We have just decided that we should go round in a big circle because this is not a waiting area when we get blocked in by other cars. OK, that makes the decision easy! Ellen and Ben arrive sooner than expected and we all recognise each other straight away. Ben can’t stop talking about Dr Who all the way back to the room (with the odd bit of Disney excitement thrown in).

Ellen has been doing a huge amount of work for the Intercot meet. Back at the room, she has badges that still need cutting out and Ben has some maths homework. I am not sure how he does this with the TV blaring out in his room but then the world is still full of mystery and wonder. How does a toy cat type a trip report? :confused:

Just after midnight Andrew says time for bed. Mikki begins to regret her decision to play tennis even more!

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for sharing.

disneydrmr
10-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I've been waiting for your next report Figaro! Seems things are still going well for you and that the credit issue appears to be in the process of getting fixed. I sure hope Mikki feels better quick. Take good care of her Figaro, ok?

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
im glad to hear that things are moving along with the credit card problem and seems that is almost solved!!..sounds like another nice couple of days...glad you and the humans are having a good time so far!!:mickey:
and i wonder that too...how a toy cat can type!! but hey it seems its obviously possible!! ;)

offwego
10-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Figaro thank you so much...I really hope all read that Mikki's tennis went well.

65 sure sounds like lots to me but then perhaps I was already used to all the construction at MGM and just discounted getting hardly any pics there.

Thanks as always!:mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 08:26 PM
There sure were a fair number of Intercotees who were not feeling well! Hope Mikki's cold gets better quickly!

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
You had quite the busy day before we arrived (except we arrived on Wednesday, the 10th ;) ). Figaro, did you lose a day there someplace?

Mikki needed those sweets for her throat and cough! I hope you weren't too bothered by the Doctor Who chatter... Ben's stored up all his questions for weeks now to ask Mikki and Andrew!

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: