PDA

View Full Version : Photopass discount?

mulderxcoltrane
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought I remembered reading people say they got an offer to buy a Photopass CD at half price after they returned home. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Seasonscraps
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I haven't heard that but I know you can prepay for your CD and get 25% off.

kim1st
10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
We paid full price for ours.

We should have had more photos taken to make it a better deal - but the memories are priceless!

CBMarks
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
We just got back for our trip to WDW and I had preordered the CD this summer and ordered the CD on Saturday and receive an email they shipped today.
I was pleasantly surprised that we actually had 82 pictures taken, we typed in the number on the card and presto there they were. I added borders and cropped acouple, so it does double/triple the number of photos, so you have the originals and the mocked up copies. Below is some information I ran across when I was surfing the internet trying to locate information on photopass and was very helpful in helping me determine whether I wanted to order or not. Hope this helps!

Photopass information (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

:photo:

Pirate Granny
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Last December when they first started offering the CD...We got it for $99...and it was so wonderful as I had our pictures from Halloween in October when I went with my disney girl friends...then our November trip with our daughter...and finally our Xmas trip (between Xmas & New Years)...yep, all three visits and before the borders and cropping and such we started with 130 pictures...well worth the $$$$. I haven't seen such a deal since then though...hummmmmmmm...I need to dig that up as I want to make Xmas cards for this year out of last year's photos...

:pirate:

mrs.jacksparrow
10-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi we just got back and preordered the CD for the $99.00. We got some good pictures but IMHO I think the Photopass people need to be in more places. We have about 100 pictures but they are in the same place every day. How many different poses aournd the Castle/Hat/Tree/Sphere can you have? I really tried to look for the Vest everywhere but other than the Countries one night in Epcot I only found them at the front gate/center pieces. It was nice to have me in some pictures for a change though..worth the 100 bucks not too sure about that.

CBMarks
10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Before we left I printed off the maps of the parks that told just about where the photographers would be. We did get one in front of space mountain and there was one at the Pirates of the Caribbean but the line was long as Captain Jack Sparrow was there at the time posing. During the day there are others throughout the parks, but you really have to look, there were even some with the characters, so you could take. My sister and I had one taken over by the star wars ride. They also had various ones in EPCOT at the countries. Test Track is also included so that was cool too!
There were some in areas that weren't on the maps so who knows how this is determined.
We also had some very creative photographers as we did some crazy photos which were fun, plus we had one where they superimposed Tinkerbell.
:mickey:

MickeyandTink
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi we just got back and preordered the CD for the $99.00. We got some good pictures but IMHO I think the Photopass people need to be in more places. We have about 100 pictures but they are in the same place every day. How many different poses aournd the Castle/Hat/Tree/Sphere can you have? I really tried to look for the Vest everywhere but other than the Countries one night in Epcot I only found them at the front gate/center pieces. It was nice to have me in some pictures for a change though..worth the 100 bucks not too sure about that.

:ditto: