PDA

View Full Version : Our anniversary/b'day/I'cot bash trip - Day Two

Dsnygirl
10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Welcome to day two of our adventures....

The cast:

Dan - my DH and fellow Disney fan - also a non-Intercot person... for now...

Blythe - #1 Disney fan in the family, planner extraordinaire & birthday girl.

Our trip to the world this time was to celebrate many things - our 13th wedding anniversary, my upcoming 40th birthday, and of course, Intercot's anniversary bash!! Lots to make merry about, and we sure did that!!

Day Two - Friday, October 12

Well, let's just say that the alarm went off a little earlier than our liking this morning... but I had to laugh when my DH said, "Oh darn... gotta get up and go to the Magic Kingdom... what a way to start the day..." :laughing:

So, instead of hitting rope drop, we got there about 10 am... which was perfect, because after gazing at all the decorations and the castle, and poking our heads into a few stores on Main Street, we ended up literally bumping into Jack Sparrow on our way to ride PoC!!

DH and I were going to be dressing up as Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann that night for MNSSHP, and also hadn't had a chance to ride PoC on our last trip as it was being refurbed for all the new additions, so it was our first ride choice of the day. I was telling Dan on the walk there about the street shows I'd heard about w/ Jack and he started laughing and said, "Turn around!" and when I did, there was Jack, about to walk right into me!! He smiled, waved and swaggered by, I swooned... :blush: ... and we watched (and immensely enjoyed) the show!! Perfect start to our day... :cloud9: Then it was off to the ride itself - "WOW" is all I can say - it looks awesome!! We loved it.

From there, it was off to the Tiki Room, as we'd missed it last trip, and it also was changed since our trip before that -- this was definitely going to be a trip of "firsts" for us -- we just didn't realize it yet!!

After Tiki, we headed off for a much-needed Dole Whip and to see the new stage show @ the Castle... very cute, and I was glad to know it would still be there when we go back next year w/ the girls - they'll love it.

Seeing as we were so close to Tomorrowland, we headed off for Space Mountain and just as we walked up to get a FP, a woman and her son said, "Wait! We have 2 extra for right now - would you like them?" Would we ever!! The return time was over 2 hours away!! Perfect timing, once again - we thanked them profusely and headed straight on... very cool. From there, it was time for another "first" - our first time on Buzz Lightyear! Wow... I LOVED it! It has to be one of my new favorites. We had no idea what to expect, but figured it out pretty fast and the battle was on - and I won!! :D I liked it so much I made DH buy the picture... he just laughed... gotta love being a kid again!!

At this point, we were feeling the need for some real food, so we headed over to Casey's and had a nice relaxing lunch - it's hard sometimes to remember to take the time to sit down and just watch the people, the kids and just take in the "feel" of being there... but every time we did, we were so glad we did!! It felt awesome to just relax, talk, take in the sights and sounds, and just "be".

We had considered heading over to Epcot for a little while today, but decided we were having such a good time at MK, we'd just stay put -- so we spent a little while shopping on Main Street, getting our pictures taken at different PhotoPass locations and riding a few more rides.

Then it was time to head over to the Polynesian for our first "official" Intercot meet at the Tambu Lounge -- another "first" for us, as we'd never been to the Poly before. I was glad to be able to check it out, too, as we had ADR's for breakfast at the Kona Cafe before our flight home, and had never seen it!

The meet was excellent - not many people were there when we first got there, but soon a whole bunch showed up, and we got to meet a lot of people who had only been "screen names" before. That truly is an amazing feeling! I had my first ever Lapu Lapu - quite an impressive (and heavy - literally!!) drink!! And delicious, too. Yummm. We stayed there and chatted for quite a bit longer than we'd planned - but it was worth it, as talking and getting to know everyone was a lot of fun. Finally, around 4:15 we left, as we wanted to get ready for the Halloween party, and knew we had a bit of a ride to get back & forth.

I won't go into the details of our change-over from normal adults to pirates, except to say that watching your husband transform from a normal, everyday guy into Jack Sparrow is quite an experience - DH as Jack (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560305890513202)- and it was really cool to see!! :cloud9: Here is one of me (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560323070382402), and then one of us together (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560275825742098)later that night.

We got over to MNSSHP around 5:45, a little later than I'd recommend for the future, but it was still okay - heck, at least we were there!! We stopped and grabbed a bite at Pinocchio's and then had our pictures taken a few places... it was so funny to see the little one's faces when they'd look up and see my DH... they truly thought he was Jack, and a couple of moms even asked if we'd take a picture with their children. That was pretty cool. (And a little unnerving - we made sure they knew we weren't CM's, as we didn't want to step on any toes!!)

At 7pm, we had our official meet with the Intercot folks over in Tomorrowland, and at first we weren't really recognized!! Quite a few others were in costume, too, and we had to figure out who they were -- there was another couple dressed as Jack and Elizabeth, too -- Cher (TheSorcererofFantasia) was Elizabeth in the gorgeous ball gown, and they looked great!! Everyone did!!

We did our first "ride through" at The Laugh Floor (another first for us...) and that was great -- we really enjoyed it. Then it was off to Buzz -- yeah!! I scored even better, and since we knew what we were doing right from the start, had such fun!!

At this point, it was almost time for the first parade, and we headed straight for the HM, as we'd "heard" that this was the time to ride it easily. It, too, had been refurbed since we'd been last May, and what a great job they did!! It just looked so much fresher, and all the new additions were perfect. Very creepy, and just what is needed on a Halloween night!!

Then it was time for another I'cot ride-through - at IASW, of all places. We all piled in to a couple of boats, and took off -- very fun!! I think I was still singing the song for quite awhile afterwards, as we all ended up singing it for most of the ride...

By the time we got off, it was getting close to time for "Hallowishes", so we headed off the Main Street to get a good spot.... and also by this time, my feet were killing me... the one thing I'd forgotten was socks to wear w/ my boots, and I was getting blisters. Yeeouch! So, it felt very good to find a nice spot and sit down to relax for a bit before the fireworks started! Boy, were we impressed... we'd seen "Wishes" last May, and had thought that was amazing... but this was, by far, the best fireworks display we'd ever seen. The way they surround you - well, it was just unbelievable. I don't think the smile from it left my face all night!

Because of my poor feet, we headed down Main Street after the fireworks in search of socks... and the little Mickey Halloween votive holders I'd been wanting. It was the only thing we were unlucky with -- found some socks, but no votives. In fact, we searched the entire weekend, and everywhere was out - looks like I'll be calling the 1-800 number this week!!

Soon, it was time for the Villains Mix and Mingle - that was so cool - and then we met up with some Intercot friends to await the arrival of the Headless Horseman. Their little one was out cold, but we got to hang with them and their older son for awhile, and it was neat to be able to find friends in the park - that's never happened before, and it's very enjoyable!! :thumbsup: The Headless Horseman was great - perfect start to the parade, which we enjoyed soon after - but we took time to hunt down a Mickey Bar first!! :bar: Priorities, you know....

The parade was great - our favorite part was interacting with Captain Barbosa and Jack... Barbosa came over when he saw us and kissed my hand, wondered about the coin around me neck, etc.... pretty cool... then Jack spotted us and he tipped his hat to my DH, and then realized we were together and gave us a "No, no, no.... " signal. Too funny....

By the time it was over, we decided to ride just a few more rides and call it a night... so off we went to ride PoC in costume - what more perfect ride for us, right? Here's a picture of Dan inside the ride (http://picasaweb.google.com/Blytheny/WDWIntercotPics/photo#5121560293005611298)... one of my favorite shots of the whole weekend!! It was quite odd, let me tell you, to ride through it w/ him.... out of the corner of my eye, he really looked so much like Jack, it was a little unnerving!! :blush:

Unfortunately, midnight hit all too fast, and we finished up with some shopping and getting our free 5x7 printed.... I think we headed back to the resort around 1am!! Then it was time for bed for some very tired pirates... but what a GREAT night!!

Caroleh
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh, Blythe, it sounds like a wonderful day(besides the blisters). It must be really great to put names to faces!!!

emerzmom
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Great costumes!!!

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Great costumes, sounds like a fun night.

pogo
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow..... what a full day ! :thumbsup:

I'm having fun reading your trip reports.

Going to read more.................. :D

BriarRose0708
10-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Your costumes were so great! I'll admit I had to take a second when I saw the two of you to recognize who you were! From reading your trip timeline I think Greg and I were on Buzz around the same time as you. My score was dismal :shake:

Kairi_7378
10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for sharing your party report. You guys look great in your pirate costumes! I hope that you will be able to wear the costumes on Halloween this year.

disneydrmr
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
What a fun time! You two looked so awesome! I'm enjoying reading about your trip! So I'm off to read the rest!

Mickey'sGirl
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
It was a fun time! We thought it was neat to run into friends whilst we were hanging in the Hub -- I hope you enjoyed your :bar: :bar: !

KylesMom
10-16-2007, 09:16 AM
What a wonderful day - thanks for sharing the pics with us, you two looked fabulous!!! Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

mickey&missy
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
You guys look fantastic!!! Sounds like you had a great time!

TikiGoddess
10-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi Blythe,

It was great to meet you and your hubby this weekend. I'm so glad you guys were at the Tambu Lounge meet -- you're both so friendly and whether you know it or not, you helped to put me at ease during the first meet of the weekend. I am going to have to save up my pennies to buy a Lapu Lapu next trip (and work my arm muscles!).

Great trip reports. Hope reality is treating you well and that the girls aren't making you feel too guilty (mine thankfully were happy with the bribes -- I mean, presents -- that I brought home...).

Kathy

TikiGoddess
10-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Blythe,

It was great to meet you and your hubby this weekend. I'm so glad you guys were at the Tambu Lounge meet -- you're both so friendly and whether you know it or not, you helped to put me at ease during the first meet of the weekend. I am going to have to save up my pennies to buy a Lapu Lapu next trip (and work my arm muscles!).

Great trip reports. Hope reality is treating you well and that the girls aren't making you feel too guilty (mine thankfully were happy with the bribes -- I mean, presents -- that I brought home...).

Kathy

Dsnygirl
10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi Blythe,

Kathy
Hi! It was great to meet you, too -- I give you kudos for doing the trip on your own, and I'm glad we were around to hang out with you!! You're a lot of fun, and I wish we'd had more time!

My girls are fine and like yours, loved the gifts we brought home... as far as reality, being home together is great, but we're still wishing we were back in "the world"!! Spending a little too much time on here, reading everyone's reports and re-living the wknd... sigh... seems like everyone else is, too!! :blush:

Maybe next time, we'll all be down there together w/ our kids - what fun that'd be!!

faline
10-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Your constumes were terrific! It was such a fun party!

ChipnDaleGal
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
You two looked fantastic that night! Didn't Cinderella's stepmother try to "pick up" Dan near Small World? Excellent report - thanks for sharing. :mickey:

DizNee143
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
another great day!! you guys really do a make the most of your days!! both you and your hubby looked good dressed up!!! great costume picks!!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
You two looked fantastic that night! Didn't Cinderella's stepmother try to "pick up" Dan near Small World? Excellent report - thanks for sharing. :mickey:
Yes, actually, she did!! We wished we'd gotten pictures... Dan was quite amazed!! :D

another great day!! you guys really do a make the most of your days!! both you and your hubby looked good dressed up!!! great costume picks!!! :mickey:
Thanks!! It was really fun!! :cloud9: