PDA

View Full Version : shopping off property

ftwildernesskid
10-15-2007, 07:27 PM
The good news: I've lost about 40 pounds and my bathing suit is too big. The bad news: October in Kentucky does not offer good choices for bathing suits. The question: Is there a mall nearby that has a few stores with good selections of swim suits. I'm still about a size 16, so unfortunately for now, the little boutique places are not a possibility. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Aggie97
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Congratulations!! :party:

I'm afraid I can't help with any Orlando-area shopping suggestions. But perhaps try the Lands' End and LL Bean web sites? I think they sell swimsuits year-round.

dolphinmickey9170
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
May I suggest disneyshopping.com as they have a lot of swim suits on sale now, and they carry size 16. Also, several of the resorts sell swimsuits too. There is this lavender colored two piece tankini that has black mickey heads on it. I saw it at the Contemporary. Good luck and congrats on the loss!

Piglet822
10-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd try disneyshopping.com. Unless you get it on property (and you'll pay dearly for it) I doubt you'll find swimsuits in our stores in October.

tiaramom
10-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Being A New Yorker
I Am A Great Shopper... Lol
So Here It Goes..
Check Cruise Wear In Larger Upscale Department Stores ..
Like Nordstroms- Bloomingdales, Saks 5th Avenue, Lord And Taylor, Neiman Marcus.

I Am A Bargain Shopper - Even At High Cost Stores- Bargains Can Always Be Found. Though Cruise Wear Is Costly- But If You Find A Swimsuit You Love And Looks Hot- Spend The Extra Dough. Always
Try On Your Swimwear- Never By It Froma Catalog.its A Tough Fit...

As Far As Disney Shopping.com
Terrible Quality Swim Suits
I Purchased One - Because It Was Super Cheap ( Not Cheap Enough For The Junk I Received) It Was So Large- It Could Of Fit 3 Of Me In It- Strech Was Horrible -
And Please Dont Buy A Mickey Mouse Swimsuit..
As An Adult We Need To Have Some Self Respect.
I Love Mickey Wear- Just Not In Swimwear- Think Twice Before Buying Swimsuits From Disneyshopping.com
If Your In A Pinch- And Your Fine With Mail Order
Try: Newport-news.com
They Run A Big Small- Order One Size Larger. Good Pricing...
Hope This Helps..
Have Fun!

SurferStitch
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
About 6-7 years ago I purchased a one piece from the Disney catalog, and it fit beautifully. Very well made, and simple....only had a small Mickey logo on it.

Online is probably your best bet....Disney Shopping, Land's End, even Macy's.com. You may also want to check eBay....I've gotten a couple gorgeous bikinis on there that were $140 regular price, and I got them for $15 and $20 each. There are tons of suits available there that are brand new and unworn.

Michigander
10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
If you want to shop when your in Florida try the outlet mall 10 mi. from the main gates. They have a great Bali store there that has a huge selection of swimsuits at great prices.

emerzmom
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! That is truly an accomplishment!
There are several surf and beach shops around Orlando and the WDW area (just off property). I am sure you will be able to find something with all the suggestions given.

Imagineer1981
10-17-2007, 11:49 PM
having lived in orlando, i have some options. Right outside down town disney on the otherside of I-4 is an outlet mall with several stores. Also the road from the Airport (geez i can't remember the name) but it runs right by the Orange County Convention Center, there is the Florida Mall which is very nice and also Millenium Mall is farther up i-4 closer to orlando, right off the exit (century is the road I believe)

DisneyAndRedSox
10-18-2007, 07:21 AM
If you go to Lands End overstocks right now, a lot of swimsuits are on clearance. I am about 5'9", a 14-16 and I got the 'faille swim mini', normally $52 now only $19! It is very slimming! There are several tops sold separately to match. The only drawback to the faille swimsuits is the material is a little thicker and takes longer to dry. Plus, you since it is separates you can order a different size on the top and if you don't like it, you can return to any Sears store.