PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach questions

DNS
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
We are planning our first trip to Myrtle Beach this coming spring. We already have some things decided. Someone recently told us that there is some place where you can hold baby tigers and touch the grown ones. Anyone know where this is or what the place is like? Also, where is the best place for fun shops?

DNS
10-15-2007, 05:53 PM
And anyone been to the Good Vibrations show and what did you think of it?

GreenEggsandHamurabi
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
We are planning our first trip to Myrtle Beach this coming spring. We already have some things decided. Someone recently told us that there is some place where you can hold baby tigers and touch the grown ones. Anyone know where this is or what the place is like? Also, where is the best place for fun shops?

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post weblinks here, but http://barefootlanding.com/t-i-g-e-r-s-preservation-station.html is the place you are looking for.
-
-
Just in case the URL gets edited out, just search for "Barefoot Landing" in google and you will find the place.

krose78
10-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Barefoot Landing is good they have shopping, food, alligator adventure, and the Alabama Theater for a show at night. Heading south from there is Colonial Mall, Tanger Outlet Center, then Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grand Mall. There are no shortage of places to shop. For shows there are so many, like I already mentioned there is the Alabama Theater, Legends in Concert, The Dixie Stampede, Le Grande Cirque @ the Palace Theater and the one you mentioned is at the Carolina Opry and while I have never seen this show they always put on a good show. also it depends on when in spring but there is also minor league baseball if you enjoy that.

DNS
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks so much for all this info! I'm really looking forward to going.

krose78
10-17-2007, 10:43 AM
If you should need any further information feel free to PM me. I've been here for 12 years so I can help steer you in any direction you are interested in.

Tink#64
10-31-2007, 11:51 PM
We did our 1st family trip to Myrtle Beach this summer & we had a great time. We visited Broadway at the Beach a couple of times. You didn't say whether or not you have kids or are looking mor more grownup adventures. We went to Barefoot Landing 2x & really preferred that over the Broadway shopping, dining, ect. Very nice & very laid back without all of the hype. They had tigers there, what we saw was just a display, we didn't pay admission for anything, but it was sad. These tigers were in a very small glassed in cage. The tigers were very pretty though.

One of our very fav family activities was the shelling tour we went on that left from Georgetown. It was a 3 hour total trip & wonderful! We also did the Medieval Times Dinner Show & that was fun too!

We really missed WDW but had a wonderful time at Myrtle Beach!