PDA

View Full Version : Coolest time to go?

MushuGrl
10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I know any time is "cool" :blush: But what I'd like to know is, weather wise, when is the coolest time to visit WDW?

ibrowse17
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
While I am sure it varies, I can tell you that DW and I froze :freeze:our tails off during the first part of our last trip. That was 17-24 Feb of this past year. It was cold with a stiff wind that just cut right through you. By the end of the week, we had on shorts and t-shirts:thumbsup:

Quasimodo
10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Jan - Feb are the coolest months. But it can sometimes get chilly at night. You can also have what my wife calls "porridge weather" during the day. Not too hot not too cold. Just right. However, we've found the first week of May to be a great time to go. Its usually not too hot then, and the crowds aren't very large as spring break is over and school is still in. Doesn't seem to rain a lot then either.

Jasper
10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Orlando is just far enough north in Florida that they do get their coldest weather at just about the same time frame as the rest of the United States. What that means is that any time from Thanksgiving to early March has the potential to be “cool” depending on what kind of weather fronts happen to be swooping down from the north.

Eeyore's Pal
10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
However, we've found the first week of May to be a great time to go. Its usually not too hot then, and the crowds aren't very large as spring break is over and school is still in. Doesn't seem to rain a lot then either.

I wouldn't count on it being cool this time of year though. We were there end of April, beginning of May this year and it was hot enough that my Mother passed out from the heat on the first day there.

Patricia
10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
The average weather temperatures are usually lowest in the months of Dec, Jan and Feb. Also, they have the least amount of rain during those times.

I was there the first week of December (2006) and it dropped to freezing a couple of nights. During the day many people had winter coats on.. being from Canada that was still pretty nice weather to us.

MushuGrl
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks ya'll! I am planning accordingly! :thumbsup:

garymacd
10-15-2007, 09:25 PM
The average weather temperatures are usually lowest in the months of Dec, Jan and Feb. Also, they have the least amount of rain during those times.

I was there the first week of December (2006) and it dropped to freezing a couple of nights. During the day many people had winter coats on.. being from Canada that was still pretty nice weather to us.

You are absolutely right. It was just "nice" last time we took our kids in December. The funniest thing we saw was an ice cream vendor at AK wearing a parka! Of course we had one, just to upset him. We were in shirt sleeves. Tee Hee.

LovinWDW
10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
The coldest visit I can remember was New Jan. 2005. I remember watching the parade in the MK one evening with a winter hat, gloves and coat on. I believe the temp went down to 39 that night. :freeze::penguin:

10 more days!

Samtastic
10-16-2007, 07:20 AM
If you go to to a weather website (we all know which one I mean) January as the lowest averages.

Plus it is the "coolest" time to go--It's when I'll be there. :encore: hehe.

Quasimodo
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't count on it being cool this time of year though. We were there end of April, beginning of May this year and it was hot enough that my Mother passed out from the heat on the first day there.

I guess being from Georgia my idea of hot is somewhat different than someone from Maine.;)