PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid photopass?

Hayden's Dad
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know how long the code lasts when you prepurchase it online. I have the money for it now, but we aren't going until the end on November and I didn't want it to expire. Thanks

dizneeat
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
I just checked my code (bought the CD in September and am going to use it in December!) and there is NO experation date on it.
This is the second time we are using it and it works out fine. First time we bought the CD in June, had the pictures taken in late August and September and ordered at the end of September just before the PHOTOS were to expire.

medic9016
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
We did the pre purchase for our last trip. We are very happy with it. I think the only thing that expires is the photopass. I think it is 30 days after you put it on the photopass website for veiwing.

Hayden's Dad
10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks this makes me feel better about going ahead and knocking this off our to do list.

Iluvpooh
10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW-I didn't know you could do this. Where and how do you do it?

Also can you buy the photopass Cd AFTER you get home or does it need to be done in park?

mickeefan
10-15-2007, 06:06 PM
We prepaid the cd saved around $25.
DD went on the photopass site and did some of the neat things you can do . We didn't realize it but those also came through on the cd when we actually ordered it. Another benefit is I don't know how much the pictures like test track are if purchased, but we scanned our card and the Test track picture was added to our cd.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
It expires 30 days after you get back. I prepaid it too and then couldn't find the code right away so I emailed them and they said not to worry if it was due to expire before they got back to me, that they would still be able to assist me.
One thing you can do once you are home is add in the extra touches and save it as a second picture and keep the first the way it was. This can double or triple, etc your number of photos.
And yes you can still order the CD once you get home, you just don't get the $25.00 savings you get if you prepay it.

Iluvpooh
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Not to sound dumb, but I have looked all over the photopass website and I can't find how to order it anywhere.

CBMarks
10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
We just got back for our trip to WDW and I had preordered the CD this summer, it doesn't expire and if you don't have pictures taken or like your photos if you don't activate the code you can receive a refund.
I was pleasantly surprised that we actually had 82 pictures taken, we typed in the number on the card and presto there they were. I added borders and cropped acouple, so it does double/triple the number of photos, so you have the originals and the mocked up copies. I ordered mine on Saturday and they shipped them today, UPS so it should be here soon.
Below is some information I ran across when I was surfing the internet trying to locate information on photopass and was very helpful in helping me determine whether I wanted to order or not. The second link has an link that will take you to order. Hope this helps!

Photopass (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/default.aspx)

Photopass information (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

:photo:

Hayden's Dad
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank you so much for the links especially the more information one. I had not seen that website yet. :D

Momof2boys
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
We just prepurchased our CD last week. Last year we purchased the CD in the park but I didn't want to go thru all those pictures to add borders, logos, etc . . . It's the same price now to prepurchase plus I'll be able to adjust my photos. It'll give me something Disney to do after our vacation buzz wears off. :mickey:

cydconn3
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
:confused:I hate to sound thick but I have a question about the CD. This is what my muddled brain is thinking, "For the $99 prepurchase price, I get a CD with all of my photopass pics on it. I can also modify the pics before I order the CD."

But, I would still have to pay to have the pics developed from the CD once I get it, right? I'm trying to figure out how many pics we had taken last time we were down there and if this would be a good idea for my family or not....

I see from other posts that people have as many as 100 pics on the photopass. Is this a good average?

Sorry for the nit-pickey questions....3 days to go and I have parent-teacher conferences for the next two days (as a teacher), not packed, etc. Trying to get as many details ironed out before we leave Friday and my brain is beginning to short circuit.:crazy::crazy:

CBMarks
10-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Since I just was at Disney and it's fresh in my head, let me tell you what I know. I had preordered the CD and then when we returned home I tweeked my photos with borders and cropped some as well, I just placed the ordered for my CD and received an email that it's been shipped, so I am anxious to receive it.

You get all the photos taken that are in your Photopass account, which would be the originals as well as the ones that you had added borders, etc. I preordered at a cost of $99 and I have all my photos and can then take anywhere or upload to an online site and then order prints myself. :mickey:

You would have to pay for prints of the photos however, your only option on the photopass site is 5x7, 8 x 10 or 5x7 with wallets and they are quite pricey, the 5x7 is $12.95 each. So you can actually get 4x6s and the online processors snapfish and winkflash for 4x6s are currently 12 cents a photo (winkflash is having a 6 cent a photo sale currently), Kodak is 15 cents a print, shutterfly is 19 cents a print, these are the 4 sites I use. So there is a huge savings. :photo:

We had approximately 80 photos taken, for me it's a deal because I want copies of the photos and not necessarily a 5x7 plus I will have them on the CD and can view as a slideshow on my computer and can share with friends and family.

Also if you preorder and don't like the photos or don't have enough photos to justify the cost, if you don't activate your code number you can obtain a refund, so it's all good!

:minnie:

cydconn3
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Thank you so much for that explanation. I think I'm trying to talk myself out of it for some reason....:shrug:

Since I can get a refund, I agree...it's a no brainer. I'll preorder it tonight. I can remember thinking I'd like that photo of us on RnRC but I wouldn't pay Disney's price.

Thanks!

tinksmom02
10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
In addition to all of the good information you've already gotten...

When you purchase (or pre-purchase) the CD, you get the copyright for the pictures, which allows you to take them wherever you want to have them printed. Or use them for Christmas cards, like I'm planning to. Or whatever, they belong to you!

And to answer another question you had: We had 123 pictures on our Photopass, and by them time I was done adding borders, signatures, cropping, etc., we had over 170.
Be sure you ask EVERY Photopass photographer you see to take your picture!

SurferStitch
10-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Last year we had over 200 photos on our CD. It was a fantastic value at $99.

Now that you have to pre-purchase to get that price, I'll definitely be doing that. Why waste $25??? I'll place my order about a week before we head to WDW.

One question....Does the Photopass CD still allow you to combine multiple passes like before? I've never done that, but people on here have said they've been able to do it. We were able to get all of our MVMCP pictures put on our regular Photopass card last December, and didn't need the card that they pushed at the party. Just in case I can't do that this year, I want to be able to combine the cards on on CD. I remember reading here that someone was able to add their MVMCP Photopass card to the CD last year.

Thanks!

cydconn3
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I just pre-ordered my CD and under the Add Photopass numbers there were four separate entry blanks. I would assume that means you can add up to four photopass numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pics when we get home!

Thanks again for all the info.

SurferStitch
10-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I just pre-ordered my CD and under the Add Photopass numbers there were four separate entry blanks. I would assume that means you can add up to four photopass numbers.

Actually, those four blanks are for one Photopass number (It's a pretty long number). But, I found this in the Help section on the site.....

"If you have your Disney's PhotoPass card ready at the time of registration, enter the 16-digit number from the back of your card into the "Disney's PhotoPass ID" field.

If you have more than one Disney's PhotoPass ID when you register, simply click the "Add another ID" link to view more fields. If you have more than 10 Disney's PhotoPass ID numbers, you can add more after registration, from the Photo Bin."

So, it can be done.

CBMarks
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
We just got back from Disney last week from our Grand Gathering and of course we were together as a group alot of the time, we also broke up into smaller groups. So we had one photopass we used alot but we happened to have others, so when we got home entered the 1st photopass group of numbers and those pictures appeared and the continued to do with other family members photopasses, so that they were all together since we pre-ordered the CD.

I did receive my CD today and all the pictures that were in the account are on my CD including all the ones I added borders to and cropped and they are all hi-resolution photos. Ordered on Sunday received today, so don't pay extra for the expediated delivery they arrive rather quickly! :photo:

So now I am anxious to get actual copies. Was a great deal for us and it was nice to see photos of where people broke apart and did their own thing and actually found the photopass photographers in some not so usual places!

:minnie:

Jook
10-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I just pre-ordered my CD and under the Add Photopass numbers there were four separate entry blanks. I would assume that means you can add up to four photopass numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pics when we get home!

Thanks again for all the info.

I was pretty sure you can add up to 10 photo pass numbers.

yup, here's the quote from disneyphotopass.com

If you have more than one Disney's PhotoPass ID when you register, simply click the "Add another ID" link to view more fields. If you have more than 10 Disney's PhotoPass ID numbers, you can add more after registration, from the Photo Bin.

nicole48040
10-19-2007, 01:16 AM
I keep reading peoples comments stating that you own the photos and can take them anywhere to be reproduced....you can do that with your home printer too, right????? Just double checking. Thanks for the great thread, this info is very helpful!

Jook
10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I keep reading peoples comments stating that you own the photos and can take them anywhere to be reproduced....you can do that with your home printer too, right?????

Yes,
the disc has a copyright release for personal use.

ie you can't sell the photo the disney photographer took to Time Magazine, but you can print all the photos you want and wallpaper your house with them, whether you are having the local photostore, or walmart, or your home pc doing the printing.

Magic Smiles
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Okay, I pre ordered my CD back in Oct 07. I am now trying to order the actual photopass CD, but it keeps wanting to charge me for it again. I have no code to enter only an order number, which it won't accept.

HELP, what do I do?

SurferStitch
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Search your email for the one that has the code they emailed you. Mine was emailed to me within a minute of getting my email order confirmation. You should have 3 emails in a row (order confirmation, instructions, and "order has shipped").

It states right in the email heading "Do not delete! Instructions for your Disney PhotoCD." The promotion code is in blue near the bottom of the email.

I guess you could try emailing or calling them, but I made sure not to lose that email.

Magic Smiles
01-23-2008, 07:15 AM
I only ever received 2 emails. Order confirmation and order has shipped. As you said, both in a row. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the 3rd one came in as a (Bulk) and therefore would have ended up in my Bulk Junk and then deleted. I have contacted them, so I will see what happens.

Airblue1
01-23-2008, 12:32 PM
How do you prepay?

tys_mommy
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
How do you prepay?

You can preorder the photopass cd and save 20% by clicking here (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx)

Aggie97
01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
We pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD for our last trip, and I was really pleased with it. I just preordered it for our trip next week.

If you do not want to use the preorder code and would like to receive a refund, you must let them know within two weeks of the completion of your WDW vacation. I just noticed that language at the very bottom of the "Do not delete!" e-mail message I got today. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I only ever received 2 emails. Order confirmation and order has shipped. As you said, both in a row. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the 3rd one came in as a (Bulk) and therefore would have ended up in my Bulk Junk and then deleted. I have contacted them, so I will see what happens.

I guess I must have been too tired last night when I was looking for the code. Sure enough I looked at my emails when I got home tonight and there was the 3rd email, "Do Not Delete". Photopass has now been ordered. Movie was ordered last night as we had a free promotion code for the movie. I can't wait to see the movie.

OhToodles!
01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I've read that you can add additional photopasses to the cd, but can you do it from two different trips? My in-laws are going in February and then we're all going in October, so my question is: Can we put the pictures from their trip on with the one we all go on? I would assume so as long as they don't activate their photopass until after the October trip.
Anyone have any ideas?

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
We prepaid for our photopass on our last trip. My goal was to get 300 pics by the end of the vacation and fell short about 20. When we got home I edited them and by the time I was done had 600 pictures. Disney had to send 2 discs. I thought it was a great deal for $99. The pics turned out wonderful. I'd definitely purchase this again.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I've read that you can add additional photopasses to the cd, but can you do it from two different trips? My in-laws are going in February and then we're all going in October, so my question is: Can we put the pictures from their trip on with the one we all go on? I would assume so as long as they don't activate their photopass until after the October trip.
Anyone have any ideas?

The photopass says that it is only valid for 30 days from your last vacation day. You can upload multiple passes to have on one cd but your trips are too far apart to put onto the same cd.:(

OhToodles!
01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh well. It was just a thought. I'm sure we'll still do the cd since we're going for our son's 1st birthday and will want to catch all those moments on film.

chicade88
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Could I upload some resort pics from my own camera onto the disc so that I can add some borders and such or is it only for the pics taken on the Photo Pass card? This sounds like such a great deal!

pilk
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I may have missed it in another thread or post but can photos from DCL be combined with photos from WDW on the pre-paid cd?