PDA

View Full Version : Annual pass...child turning 10 before expiration

McGoofy
10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Over the weekend, my DH and I were discussing about whether or not we should renew our annual passes at the time they expire. During this conversation, I realized that my DS will turn 10 later in the year, which at WDW is condsidered adult ticket prices. If we renew them before they expire, he will still be 9 years old, and it will be a child's price. What happens with his AP when he turns 10 years old several months later? Does Disney just let him keep child status until the next renewal or will we have to pay adult price at this renewal before he actually turns 10? How does this work? This is my first experience with my baby being considered an "adult!":( I guess this same question applies to anybody who bought a child's ticket with no expiration and the child went from 9 to 10 before using the tickets.

merlinmagic4
10-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I was thrilled to find out (here on Intercot) that Disney will upgrade the pass at no charge. My tickets were just 10 day no expiration passes but I would assume it would be the same for an annual pass as long as it was purchased while the child was still 9.

DizneyRox
10-15-2007, 02:28 PM
The price of tickets is based on the age of the user at the time of first use.

If you buy a ticket for a child when they are 9, and use it when they are 9, it is good for that person until it expires or is use up. If the child is obviously NOT a child anymore, GR will upgrade the ticket for free I believe.

If you buy a ticket for a child when they are 9 and don't use it until they are 10, you will need to upgrade it to an adult ticket, and they will charge for that upgrade I believe.

Anyone 10 and over needs an adult ticket regardless, so that one is an easy answer.

For an AP, the same rules apply, as long as it's used when the child is still a child, you are good until renewal time. At renewal, if the child is 10, you need to purchase an adult AP for them.

FamilyBand1
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
So be sure to upgrade when your kids are 9! :D
We're waiting on buying our 3 year old son a pass until it's time to upgrade ours in a month.

magicofdisney
10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
So be sure to upgrade when your kids are 9! :D
We're waiting on buying our 3 year old son a pass until it's time to upgrade ours in a month.
Does that mean you're able to take him in free until you can renew your pass?

DizneyRox
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Does that mean you're able to take him in free until you can renew your pass?

No, once a child turns three, they need a ticket. If they turn three in the middle of a trip, they are OK, but if they are three before a trip, they need a ticket, regardless of if the parents have an AP or not.

McGoofy
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
The price of tickets is based on the age of the user at the time of first use.

If you buy a ticket for a child when they are 9, and use it when they are 9, it is good for that person until it expires or is use up. If the child is obviously NOT a child anymore, GR will upgrade the ticket for free I believe.

If you buy a ticket for a child when they are 9 and don't use it until they are 10, you will need to upgrade it to an adult ticket, and they will charge for that upgrade I believe.

Anyone 10 and over needs an adult ticket regardless, so that one is an easy answer.

For an AP, the same rules apply, as long as it's used when the child is still a child, you are good until renewal time. At renewal, if the child is 10, you need to purchase an adult AP for them.

:thanks: Thank you for your response!

I think I will also try to remember to verify with a CM at guest relations when I go on my upcoming trip in 10 DAYS!!!!!:woohoo::clappy::yay: My DS will still be 9 this trip, so it won't make a difference right now. I'll have to post back with the "official word from the World.":mickey: