PDA

View Full Version : Young's Castle Storming Vacation Day 6!

TBY2225
10-15-2007, 11:35 AM
report “Young’s Castle Storming Vacation Year 2!” Day 6

Dates: September 22nd through 30th 2007 stayed at Pop Century with Free Dining!

We booked with Nanci at Magical Journeys  and had 6 day base tickets plus one day planned off-site at Kennedy Space Center.

Cast:
Me: 33 long time Disney fan 4th trip to WDW one trip to DL
DH: 33 recent Disney fan 4th trip to WDW
DD: 5 Aurora and Ariel fan 2nd trip to WDW
DS: 22 mo Cars and Pooh fan 1st trip to WDW

Once again everyone slept until after 7am. We got ready, ate at the food court and headed to MK! We got there right after 9am and hopped on the RR to take us to Frontierland. When we got off the RR there was a 5 minute posted wait time for Splash Mountain, so DD and I literally walked onto a boat. The ride was enjoyable, but I didn’t like getting so wet first thing in the morning. Then DH and DD rode. While we took turns riding DS played under the bridge in the play area for kids. This was so great and I wished more rides had something like this to entertain the little ones! Next DH and I took turns riding BTMRR with DD. This is her favorite ride in all of WDW so she was really excited about getting to ride it twice! DS enjoyed standing and waving to us as we rode! Next we went over to see the Country Bears. We thought DS would enjoy this and he did. The rest of us weren’t too impressed. We had an early lunch at Peco’s Bill’s. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117424) after lunch we headed over to Adventureland and got fast passes for the Jungle Cruise, and then we waited about 5 minutes to ride Aladdin’s carpets. DH loves POTC so we went there next and walked onto a boat. We checked out the shop for a while after the ride and then headed to JC to use our fast pass. We then headed back to Main Street and stopped at Casey’s to get a hot dog to share. I went into the Confectionery to get a caramel apple to take back and then went by the Chapeau to get Mickey ears for my friends new baby girl. We left the park about 2 and headed back to the Pop for a swim and nap. We had 5:30 ADR’s for Ohana (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117641). After dinner we took the monorail back to MK to see Spectromagic. We left before Wishes because the kids were really tired. Up next our first visit to AK and Boma!

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
sounds like another great day

AbeeNormal
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm so glad to hear the you really enjoyed Ohana's :tikki::tikki:

I can't wait to try it in January:cloud9:

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 01:29 PM
a nice day at MK...:mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
My husband was so disappointed to find Big Thunder under refurb when we were there in the last two weeks! Glad you got to go on it before it closed!