PDA

View Full Version : Nov 11th-17th, What will crowds and weather be like?

PiratesCove
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I've never been in November and I was wondering what will crowds and weather will be like? Any insider tips would greatly be appreciated!!!:thumbsup:

Are love bugs still out in November?? :(

Disnamic Duo
10-15-2007, 12:35 PM
This should be a PERFECT time to go. We love this week (before Thanksgiving). Crowds should be low (nothing special going on - 11th is last day for Super Soap weekend), and the weather has been perfect for us in the past (high 70's during the day; high 50's at night).

kbean
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
High 70's? Not here in Fl. It's been holding steady around 90. Crowds shouldn't be to long. Most wait times last week were 5min(POTC) to 45min(space mn.)

iwannagotodisneyworld
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
You may encounter some crowds during the beginning of your trip. We were there during the first week of November in 2000 and the whole state of New Jersey had a school break. We seemed to run out of "elbow room" and the lines got longer. :crowd:

This year it's the 8th and 9th. I would anticipate the crowds to be heavier during that weekend as it seems an awful lot of people from NJ love WDW. ;) Hope this helps.

illini
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
You have excellent taste in dates. ;) We'll be there 11-18. "Jersey Week" crowds should mostly be clearing out on the 10th-11th. I expect the end of the week will start to pick up with some early Thanksgiving crowds. Otherwise, it should be fabulous!

As for clothes, I haven't been at this time before. We're packing shorts/capris for wearing during the day, and warm-up sets for the kiddos for the evenings. If we get cool evenings, you'll see my kids in the same two outfits all week! Not enough room to pack for two outfits per day plus extras for "oops" incidents!

Where are you staying?

PiratesCove
10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Where are you staying?

We are staying @ POFQ! First time staying there and very excited about it!!!:)

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
My husband and I will be there from Nov. 7th thru 17th......11 magical days at the POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we're celebrating our 10 year anniv. Actually, it is in two days ( 10/18/07 ) We're going on a belated trip. Looking forward to the intro. of the Christmas festivities at the parks...I hope everyone going at this time has a wonderful Disney stay!!!!!:deer::santa::snowman:

WDWFanatic
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
We went this time last year and it was great. Crowds weren't too bad and we were comfortable in shorts for the day and just added sweatshirts at night, but the BEST part was MGM with all the Christmas lights.

Also if you can try to get over to the Grand Floridian to see the ginerbread house.

Here we go again...
10-17-2007, 02:29 AM
We have been 2 times at this time of the year and must say that it is my favorite time to go. The weather is perfect... usually warm days and a little cool at night. We did have a really cold day one trip and had to buy gloves and scarves... so be prepared.
Check the weather forcast in the Vacation Planning forum posted by our very own Strmchsr. He has not missed a forecast on one of our trips yet!

KatGat
10-19-2007, 08:40 AM
We'll also be there 11-17! This will be our 8th year to visit in November, although this will be the earliest by 2 days. We've seen temps in the 50's to the mid 80's, so we bring shorts, capris, jeans, & sweatshirt. We usually enjoy a somewhat reduced crowd level (except for the days right before & after Thanksgiving Day). One of our highlights is to get a hot chocolate from the bookshop next to Sci Fi then stroll through the Osborne Lights. It really sets us in the holiday spirit. We adore visiting this time of year.:cloud9: