PDA

View Full Version : Latest Show

wizardmickey
10-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Howdy strangers! Here's a link to the folder of pictures from our latest show:
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z221/flyingicemanvx/RELIX-2/
Even though I was nervous about doing this show with a new bassist who'd only rehearsed with us 3 times and it being nearly 300-500 expected (I think at the peak when they were holding prize drawings... which I wound up pulling the names from the box, there were about 300 people!) the show went over great! We played a bunch of new songs (I'll have to check the video later to see how many actually recorded since we were having problems with the camera) and had a blast! There were a few technical problems; There was a huge gust of wind that caught hold of our banner & blew it over on the drummer while also knocking over mic stands... my side of the tent wound up in full sun by our second set, which unfortunately was where my guitar stand was, and 2 of my 3 guitars ended up going horribly out of tune halfway thru that set... the company holding the event kept interrupting us to make announcements & hold prize drawings using our PA system... but, in between all of that we ROCKED!
And our new bassist? AMAZING!

chrisb26
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like it was a good show Ice despite the inturuptions and giant wind gusts :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Nice bassist! Glad that he turned out well :D I suppose next time you should check out the weather, you never know when a tornado will turn up! :P

wizardmickey
10-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Tornado? Around here? Somewhat likely, but Hurricanes seem to be more the norm since I moved here!!
And how do you predict nature anyway? I've been doing this long enough to know NOT to leave my guitars sitting in my van overnight because heat/sun/humidity/cold/rapid temperature changes can effect the strings & neck... I've just never witnessed it in action until now!!
Managed to pop onto VMK long enough to wish Rose a Happy Be.Day! The weekend has been a roller-coaster;
Friday worked all day then straight to band practice & loading up all of our equipment.
Saturday morning up & at the venue to set-up, play, get a little sun-burn, tear everything down & head for home.
Saturday evening entire band & wives/girlfriends came over while I fried up Polynesian Sticky WIngs & Onion Petals, Shrimp KaBobs & Boudin on the grill, and offered up the Hot Tub to my weary bretheren. We sat, ate, watched LSU, played acoustic guitars by firelight & just relaxed after our first gig with our newest member.
Sunday was church, a birthday party, a short nap, some quick computer work (which is when I got on here & VMK and uploaded pix) and then Hot Tub with the Fire-Pit nearby.

Jeremy
10-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey ice brother.
cool info and photos.
That just makes me want to jump in and play them pearls, its my choice for of drums to play.:thumbsup:
I like your ibanez WOOT!:cool:

Rock on ICE Brother!:rocker:

wizardmickey
10-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Pearl is the drum of choice for our drummer too me pirate brother!
Our stringed arsenal: 3 of my guitars are Ibanez, plus my 30+ year old Cotez Flying V (which is currently in the shop getting a face-lift!)
Chris leans heavily on his new PRS, but also rotates thru his Gibson Les Pauls & every now & then his Fender Strat.
Chad plays an Ibanez as well, but also has an older Fender he's planning to whip out soon!

terri.m
10-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Looks awesome Ice! Can't wait for my dvd.