PDA

View Full Version : Swim in October?

dinahvixen
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi, I have heard that the resort pools are heated, and we would be staying at POR if went again next year. We have previously gone in Sept when it's really hot and the pool is SO refreshing; people who were recently there, is it warm enough to swim still? We'd like to go in Oct., but the pool is a big draw for us.

Seasonscraps
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
The temps right now are ranging from the low 70s to mid 80s. That's warm enough for me to hop in the pool.

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
October is generally warm enough to enjoy pools, yes!

TexasPrincessAurora
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
We've been in November and January and the pools have always been warm enough to swim...most of the time it's warm enough outside to really enjoy it, but occasionally it's chilly and you hate to get out of the warm water. In October you should be fine though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
You should be fine in October! :swim:

We've been in November, and we swam most days...the pool was nice and warm, some evenings it was really hard to get out of the water, although the days were usually just fine.

Enjoy!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
:vacation:My husband and I will be heading to Blizzard Beach in early November til mid November. How's the water? warm????? It will be our first time there. We've been to Typhoon Lagoon but not BB. Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!

Ms.Disney
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
We live in Orlando and I was in my pool today with out the heater on. Have fun swimming! :mickey:

Figaro
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Resort pools are all heated to 80-83 degrees F. :thumbsup: The weather out lately makes it beautiful for a swim. :mickey:

wedway76
10-15-2007, 11:22 AM
We go often during Thanksgiving week and always go in the pool. As others have said the poold are heated.

One night my DS wanted to go in at about 10:30 PM after a long day at the parks. It was cold out, probably in the low 50s. I lauged and said that it was too cold, but when we got to the hotel there were about 20 people in the pool. The life guards were wearing sweat pants and shirts with hats and gloves. I felt the water and compared to the air it felt like a bath tub, so I let him go in. I had several towels with me and as soon as he got out I wraped him up and we went back to the room. He slept very well that night.

Momof2boys
10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
We normally go at the end of October - our boys swam last year when the lifeguard was in sweatpants & jacket. The unusually cool 70 degrees was much warmer than the 50 degrees we left.

McGoofy
10-15-2007, 12:05 PM
We have been swimming at Disney resorts in November and February thanks to heated pools.:swim: It's just the getting out that's the bad part!!:freeze:

luvdiznee
10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
We've swam in both December and February. October should be ok. But of course everyone is a little different. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
We were there in November 2 years ago and I forgot to pack a swimsuit. But the pools were very much in use...so I'm not making the mistake of not packing a swimsuit when I'm back there 18 days and 22 hours from now (but who's counting?!). :ccat::goofy::donald::malef: