PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Night Crew - Day 8

Cinderelley
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Amy - 32
Christi - 36
Sharon - :secret:

The only thing we had planned to day was the Luau at 5:15 tonight. This was a good thing, because Amy woke up sick this morning. We let her sleep an extra hour, but she still didn't feel like getting up. I let Sharon decide what she wanted to do, and she picked Epcot without any hesitation. While she was taking a shower, the shower head had fallen off and hit her in the head. When we headed out, our first stop was the Customs House to tell them about the lack of soap, shampoo and coffee supplies in our room. (Housekeeping had only left supplies in our room on the first day.) We also asked to have maintenance fix the shower head.

Then we were off to Epcot. On the way there, Sharon couldn't decide between a necklace or a ring for her pearl. We arrived at Epcot pretty quickly after the bus picked us up. We were starting on the other side of World Showcase and decided to eat lunch in Mexico. We each had a quesadilla child's meal. It was pretty tasty. Sharon had quite a few feathered friends by the time we finished. While we were eating, I wondered aloud to Sharon about the mold on the ceiling above the sink making Amy sick. That's when Sharon told me that the mold wasn't just there. It was on the shower curtain hooks and all over the bathroom ceiling too. Now, I initially didn't think too much about the mold, because it's in a humid area and I had heard that buildings occasionally got mold. But, to have it on the shower curtain and hooks is just disgusting. Doesn't housekeeping clean these? :confused:

Next we hit Norway. For weeks and weeks, all I had talked about was eating school bread. I didn't get a chance to yesterday, but the Kringla Og Bakery was our next stop. I practically ran through the store to get to the tables with it. Sharon and I split one and we were both in hog heaven. Sharon said she had never eaten anything so good. After our glutinous moments, we rode Maelstrom.

Then it was down to some serious shopping. I'm decorating my bedroom in an Oriental style, so I spent a lot of time browsing in China. I wound up buying a large fan for my bedroom wall. It had a dragon and a phoenix fighting on it. It was kind've ironic, because I had such a hard time learning "Dragon" in our kung fu class.

We browsed through Germany pretty quickly, because we had looked around last night while waiting to be seated at Biergarten.

In Italy, we spent more time taking photos of the staircase in the back. I was pretty disappointed that they had the fountain walled off. I had been looking forward to getting a nice pic of it.

Then it was the good ol' USA. We listened to Voices of Liberty, but didn't go into the attraction. They have such beautiful voices!

Sharon was anxious to get to Japan, so we hurried on over there. Yesterday, I had noticed a guy sitting at a table by the door. Today, he was still there, and I was quite curious about why he was there. We didn't see any sign of what he was doing though.

Sharon had been buying things for her DH and kids, but nothing for herself, so I finally talked her into getting a necklace and a ring. She does so much for everyone else, she really deserved it for herself. I had also decided to buy Amy the pendant that she had wanted to put her pearl in before she got sick. So, I bought an oyster for Amy's pendant, and 3 more oysters so that each of my kids would have a pearl. Sharon decided to put the pearl she had into a necklace, and buy another oyster for the ring. Lo and behold, when they opened her oyster, there were two pearls inside! :D She was so shocked. It was great! She decided to get her other pearl put into the pendant for Amy, but I had already bought the oyster for it. We had a fun "argument" about it. In the end, she won. I went and bought a large sleeping Pikachu doll and was looking for a Pachurisu for my daughter. There was a cute little boy about 8 years old looking at all the pokemon dolls. I asked him if he had seen a Pachurisu doll, and he looked at me as if I had grown two heads. Finally he said "You know pokemon?" I told him "Yep. This is going to be my Pikachu." From the look on his face, I think his head was about to explode from the thought of an adult liking pokemon.

We left the pearls to be mounted and headed on to more shopping. When we finished in Japan, we took the boat across the lake, stopped and got fastpasses for Soarin' for after the Luau, and then called Amy to see how she was feeling. She was feeling a little better, and said she would meet us at the Luau. We hopped the monorail to the TTC, and then switched to the resort monorail.

We checked in at the Luau and were told we were assigned to 61 Aladdin. This was the worst seating ever. I realize that we had free dining, but this was ridiculous. We were sitting right by a pole. I took the "pole" seat, since I had already seen the Luau before.

This (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2311620360100927225VlwOQa) was my view.

This (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2268867440100927225YCiggy)was my view on the other side of the pole.

I can't believe they actually seat people here. It's not like they were jam-packed either. There was an empty table in front of us in the Category 1 seating or whatever it was called.
The food was pretty good. Sharon asked for her pina colada in a pineapple, and got it in a carved coconut instead. She liked the coconut and took it home with her.

After the luau, our plan was to head back to Epcot, ride Soarin, pick up the jewelry in Japan and then watch Illuminations. It was not to be. We got on the resort monorail to head to the TTC, but we were stuck on it for over an hour because a monorail two stops ahead of us was having trouble. I realize they can have mechanical difficulties, but over an hour! Come on!

By the time we got to Epcot, it was 5 minutes to 9. I knew I couldn't make it to Japan in enough time and Amy was feeling really sick again. Sharon and I agreed on a plan. She took Amy back to the room, and I would try to get the jewelry, since we wouldn't be back at Epcot again. I stopped at the gift shop right outside of the gate and explained the situation to them. A CM there named Athleen got right on it. I know it must've been a difficult job for her, because after about 20 minutes, I could hear her in the back on the phone saying "Thanks for everything. I owe you my first born child." She eventually came out and told me that it would be at our resort no later than noon the next day. I joked with her and said that they could take my first born child instead and headed out to the bus.

Once again, no CBR bus even though the other resort buses were coming and going. I eventually got fed up with it, and grabbed a taxi. What I didn't know was that Amy and Sharon were still waiting in line. I wound up getting back to the resort well before they did.

I checked the messages and Sharon and Amy's jewelry had arrived even before I did! I can tell you I was totally amazed! :jaw:

I arranged Pikachu and Jeffery to be looking out the window when Sharon and Amy arrived at the room and headed out to OPR to pick up the package. When I got back, Pikachu was giving Jeffery a piggyback ride, so I knew Amy and Sharon were there. Amy explained to us that housekeeping had come to clean the room, but she was still sleeping so they just left a bag full of supplies with us. Finally, we had more soap! The maintenance man had also come, but she had been confused when he woke her up and sent him away. We told her it was okay and all went to sleep.

KylesMom
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
That absolutely BlOWS ME AWAY how bad your view was at the luau. You know, after our seats were SO bad at Hoop-De-Doo, we've never attempted another dinner show. You'd think they'd just do away with the bad seats for the prices they ask! :mad: I'm sure that waiting on a non-moving monorail would NOT have helped my mood, either!

It was good to read that another CM was so attentive to your needs to get you the jewelry after the mishaps which happened before you finally arrived.

Hopefully Amy recovered quickly and Day 9 will be a good day! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't belive anyone would have to sit there, it was nice of you to take the bad seat.

faline
10-19-2007, 06:01 AM
That really was a terrible view for the luau! Sorry Amy wasn't feeling well and you had some other glitches in your day. Still, it sounds like you managed to have fun!

youngOx96
11-02-2007, 03:51 PM
That was very noble of you to take the bad seat.

Another great report. I can't wait to see what happens next.

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: