PDA

View Full Version : Question about Beach / Yacht club.

mickeefan
10-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I know, we just got back last week, but we need to have something in the works.
We are seriously thinking of going back at the end of April or early May and then in December for our 50th anniversary.
DD and I have been trying to check out the Junior Suites, club level at the Beach & Yacht Clubs. We are also trying to check out the same at Boardwalk.
Does anyone know if they have two TV's in the suites?
Also, has anyone stayed in them and would you recommend them?
Thanks a bunch
Jim

wendy*darling
10-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry I do not know about the TVs in the suites, but I do know about the TVs in the DVC villas.
I would suggest you consider a 1 bedroom villa at the Beach Club or Boardwalk. You'll get a king size bed in the master bedroom, a jacuzzi tub and a huge bathroom, a full kitchen, a living room (with a 2nd TV- this one also has a DVD player). And you also get a washer/dryer right there in the villa.

They run a little less per night than the suites. They are not concierge, but they are spacious and lovely rooms.

Happy 50th! What better place to celebrate than WDW? Enjoy! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I know the BWI deluxe room (aka junior suite) has a 2nd tv. Not sure if you can actually watch two televisions at the same time though, because it's really just one big room, with about 20 feet between the two television sets. Both the YC/BC are similar in that they are just one big room.

I'd probably recommend the BWI. It's a great location and the deluxe rooms can offer a view of Illuminations and are convenient to the lounge. For something extra special, you may want to look into a garden suite at the BWI. They're 2 level, with a guaranteed king bed and jacuzzi tub. They over look the center courtyard and also come with concierge service. You do have to go outside and then back in to access the lounge though.

garymacd
10-14-2007, 09:00 PM
We walked through the three resorts this past September. Of the three, we liked the Beach Club best. The atmosphere was very nice.

Boardwalk just seemed too immense.

Yacht Club, well, we felt like we were being watched, sized up and measured by all the guests we saw in the lobby. (Possibly found to be lacking in the necessities of such a posh resort? Just our impression)

All were beautiful, the grounds and buildings were wonderful.