PDA

View Full Version : Food Court/Counter Service at Poly

meldan98
10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Is there a food court or counter service at the Poly. The last time we stayed there, the food areas were a mess because of renovatioins and I can't seem to find anything in any planning guides. I've already got ADR's at Kona cafe for most mornings, but I'm not sure if I want to have a full sit down breakfast every morning.

mickey&missy
10-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I haven't stayed there yet (will in March!) but, I know there is a place called Captain Cook's Snack Company. They serve breakfast and etc. I'm told you can erven get a dole whip there! I know it was recently renovated.

HTH!!!

beksy
10-14-2007, 02:37 PM
We're staying there in Feb and I think I've read just about all there is to read on it. From what I've found the above post is right. The CS is open 24 hours (although the grill stops at I think 11:00 and begins again in the morning with breakfast foods) and it has a serve yourself Dole Whip machine! :cloud9:

EPCOT84
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
We stopped in at the Polynesian (visiting each monorail hotel) last month. :lei: While waiting for dinner at Kona, we walked around the place to take in the Hawaiian atmosphere. Yes, the CS area is now open and it looks nice. It is a light planation decor and brighter than the former area which was also comfy and a great place to rest up and grab a bite. The menu selections seemed good and yes, the Dole whip machine is there ! :papple: The CS's decor reminded me of many snack places in the islands.

DisneyorBust
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Like the other have said, the CS at the POLY is Captain Cook's. You can go there for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Good place for a quick breakfast on your way to the parks!

luvdiznee
10-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Just got back from the Poly. We were able to enjoy a couple of their breakfast sandwiches as well as a couple of the sandwiches for lunch (and the chips that come with them are good). Ordering was a challenge for me at first but after a couple times it was no problem. :mickey:

10-15-2007, 12:00 AM
We were there in May and ate breakfast at Captain Cook's nearly everyday and also a couple of lunches. The self serve ordering was a little confusing on the first try but we soon caught on. The dole whip machine was out of order when we were there. Never did get to try it.