PDA

View Full Version : Fanny packs look silly?

JerseyWDWfan
10-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Does anyone use these anymore or have they become a fashion fauxpa?

I'd like to get one for our trip, thinking it might be easier than lugging a purse or taking valuables in and out of the diaper bag when we leave the stroller unattended.

However, fashionista that I am, I don't want to look silly. I know, I'm a grown-up and shouldn't care how I look to others, but old habits (from high school and college) die hard....:cool:

RockChalkKimball
10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
One great thing about WDW is that there doesn't seem to be any "norm" for how people dress. While I wouldn't think of wearing a fanny pack at home, I would wear one at WDW. I look at it this way... these people aren't paying attention to me and what I am wearing and even if they do notice, I will never see them again!

WonderlandsMostWanted
10-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I have a friend who uses one for work all the time, because she needs to have stuff with her, but needs her hands free. She swears by it. I'd avoid day-glo green maybe, but if it makes sense for you, then go for it! :thumbsup:

Walking around DW isn't exactly like strolling down the runway. At the end of the day, what's important is that you've got what you need; if you can keep it with you without carrying it on your shoulder, all the better! All of the walking around, standing in line waiting, etc. takes enough of a toll on a person.

teambricker04
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I personally think they are goofy, but thats just my opinion. I use a back pack, but lots of people think they are too restrictive (I have small kid which = lots of stuff). I think if you want to wear a fanny pack, do it. It will make you the most comfortable. You could always go to a outdoors or sporting goods store (REI or Dicks) and get a nifty hiking one.

And, yes, I like to use the word nifty.

Speedy1998
10-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I personnal prefer a backpack. Fanny packs just do not hold enough. Frankly anything I can get into a fanny pack, I can squeeze into my pockets.

Niecyboo
10-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Funny thing: There was a show called "fashion's biggest mistakes" once and one of them was "the fanny pack." But the ultimate fashion gurus said:

"Fanny packs belong at Amusement Parks! If you're not at Disney, don't wear one."

So, according to them, you are perfectly in the right to wear one at Disney.

Personally, I wouldn't go without mine. Each of my kids have one as well, and can carry their autograph books and a small snack. I find it fits everything I need, and there is no chance of me setting it down somewhere and losing it.

illini
10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm with you-- old habits die hard. I can't bring myself to carry a fanny pack. I got a new Tink tote for this trip. It won't be as convenient, but it looks good. I'm such a slave....

tinksmom02
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm in the same boat--they are probably way more convenient than a tote, purse, or backpack, but the stigma is there, and I just can't bring myself to buy/wear one.

But to each their own...just FYI, they had some really cute ones for sale in every gift shop I visited (Mickey, Tink, etc.).

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I admit I have used one every year until our trip last month. It was just too hot. I wore it for a few hours, put it in my stroller and never looked back..lol.

I say go for it if you are comfy and want to. :thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
10-14-2007, 02:29 AM
My husband wears one for every trip. And Disney is the ONLY place he'll wear it. It's EXTREMELY convenient.

We have backpacks. Small and large. But we don't want to have weight on our backs (our backs are already sore from working on ambulances for years and lifting patients).

It works great for us. But, the only downfall is that when we have a picture taken,....it's always on him. I need to remember to have him take it off. he he

Personally - I don't care what anyone wears....

WDW Dreamer
10-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I always wear one to Disney and plan to wear one when I go in December. I hate having to carry anything and fanny packs are just the right size for the things I need to keep with me. Do what makes you the most comfortable.

hockeymom
10-14-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm with the majority here.
I have never used a fanny pack outside of and Amusement Park. They are very convenient and people really don't care what you look like.

On that note, I have found my backpack better the last few times........wipes, water bottle, wallet, keys, pen, notepad, poncho etc.

kim1st
10-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Funny thing: There was a show called "fashion's biggest mistakes" once and one of them was "the fanny pack."

LOVE THIS!!!!!

I didn't do an actual fanny pack, because I don't find them to be large enough. I did find a bag that was slightly larger (but still not big & bulky) that you wear like a messenger bag...across the shoulder, so that it's not constantly slipping off of your arm.

We also brought a very small backpack.

Both kept our hands free and effectively transported our in-park gear.

vamaggie
10-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I think it depends on the 3 C's: Comfort, convenience and clutter. If it it big enough for you to take all you need to and it is comfortable to have on your waist, go for it--they are very convenient. For us, we always seem to have too much to take (being the "be prepared" scout family we are :thumbsup:LOL) to make them practical (we take a smallish backpack). The times I have used them they were very convenient but by the end of the day, it became "annoying" for me to have it around my waist. Don't worry about the fashionista in you--I don't ever remember seeing "What not to Wear" scoping out anyone at WDW!!

LibertyTreeGal
10-14-2007, 08:29 AM
I WISH I could wear one again, but my special needs son has too much stuff I need to haul around LOL so I'm stuck with a big ole' backpack. But once they are out of the house, the fanny pack is returning.

It's funny, someone could walk by me in shoulderpads, striped legwarmers, a terrycloth headband and three fanny packs and I'd probably never notice - guess I'm just a geek. (Which is why I'm shunning my 20 year reunion this weekend :D )

wdwfan
10-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I always use my fannypack in WDW. I have one (Disney) that I got in TDS in Chicago years ago. I can get my wallet, digital camera, princess folding hair brush, lipbalm, sunglass clips (2 mine & dh)& advil. I bought a very small wallet & my camera is very compact. Thats all I need. Plus it's waterproof so don't have to take off for any rides. I've tried backpacks and just to bulky for me plus have to take on & off all the time when I need something.

WDWFanatic
10-14-2007, 10:08 AM
It's funny, someone could walk by me in shoulderpads, striped legwarmers, a terrycloth headband and three fanny packs and I'd probably never notice:D )

Fanny packs I don't notice, this I might take a second look:D.

I wear a fanny pack, but like the rest ONLY at disney...well and our day after Thanksgiving shopping trip...

I agree about taking them off for the pictures, gotta remember that.:cool:

irish1967
10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I like my over the shoulder backpack - one strap. It is bigger than my fanny pack (holds what I NEED) and can easily be reversed for the bigger rides.

To each their own - I don't notice one way or another - my biggest concern is carrying what I need rather than fasion (but, have to say, fanny packs make me look stupid and we do take lots of pictures at Disney)

I am actually looking for a smaller type over one shoulder/across the body and falls at the hip messenger type bag for our upcoming trips!

kakn7294
10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I prefer my fanny pack - and it looks terrible but I really don't care. Last trip I took a small drawstring backpack but it was often too hot on my back and it was inconvenient to access my stuff so I ended up wearing my camera bag like a fanny pack anyway just so it would be easily accessed every time I wanted to take a picture. Next trip, it's back to the fanny pack for me!

Jeri Lynn
10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't use a fanny pack, I use what I call a hip pack, basically the same thing but it is not on the back of me, it is in the front of me.

I have used one for years, I like having everything easily accesible to me, I put my wallet and camera in it and a few little necessities like bandaids and my cell phone.

I have tried a backpack but found it a hassle to get my camera in and out of it and having to take it off to sit on a ride. I also don't like anything on my shoulders.

I do not care how it looks for me it's all about the convenience.

pookiebear38
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
I always wear one when we go to the local amusement park, or to the State Fair. Also, those long days of shopping. I can toss license, checkbook (so does anyone still use those??), credit card, lipstick, powder and the all-important aspirin/advil, and be done with it. I carried a backpack along with it to the State Fair today, but that's because I can carry plenty of drinks in and not spend $30 for cokes!:D

crazeedizneefinatic
10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Two words = Coach sling! I am with you here that fanny packs no matter how they are worn are bad. Coach makes a nice sling/messenger type bag that hold just as much "stuff" and is fashionable and not as bulky as well. If I don't bring that I make my husband wear the fanny pack, (insert evil laugh), ha, ha, ha, ha.......

emerzmom
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
they look pretty nerdy but at WDW anything goes.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I have my new Disney one that I just bought. But this last trip I mostly used my back pack. But there are times that a fanny pack is so much more convenient. And I like the multi sectional ones so I can find things quicker.
I had also bought one a few years ago that was a bit larger. It even had 2 mesh bottle holders on the sides. 1 for my Pepsi and 1 for my water.
As for it being in the picture, just turn it so that it's behind you. That way you only have the smaller strap in the front.

diz_girl
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think that I'll wear a fanny pack again, as I used my black Walt Disney World backpack for my last trip. And it will be strollers and diaper bags for my next few trips.

However, if you think that a backpack or messenger bag is too bulky to carry around all day, and you are self-counscious about a fanny pack, then try a sling. The Coach one previously mentioned may be a bit expensive, but I know that Babies-r-us carries a JJ Cole sling diaper bag. I know that sounds weird, but you can use the changing pad to sit on harder or suspicious surfaces, plus there's a bottle holder and plenty of pockets and storage. I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

ImagiAsh
10-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't personally use one, but there are so many people walking around Disney that do... so why the heck not? If it makes things easier for you, then go for it! :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Since we are no longer "stroller people" we have started to take a backpack with us AND fannypack! The darn backpack my DH bought me for my new digital SLR camera is padded for its' safety and takes up half the backpack! On the top half I usually put a few bottles of water, juice bags and rain gear. Then in the pockets I put snacks......one would think then why do we need fanny packs? For the money, room keys, passes, aspirin, other first aid supplies.

When you see the pack mule family in the parks, that's us!!:D:D

This next trip in January will be our last pack mule trip -- then we'll be "stroller people" again for a few years. UGH! I'm not looking forward to going back to the stroller deal!

PetefromRI
10-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm a 48 year old constuction worker who used to think fanny packs were the queerest things in the world.My wife had one and I put my stuff in hers(that was O.K.).One day we were on Main Street U.S.A. and browsing one of the shops when it struck me that maybe I ought to carry my own stuff and I bought a big old Mickey Fanny Pack.I'd never be caught dead outside of Disney with it on but when I'm there,anything goes.Maybe it's because I revert back to a 10 year old when I'm there,but in style or not I'll always have my Fanny Pack on when I'm at Disney World.:blush:

prprincess
10-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Two words = Coach sling! I am with you here that fanny packs no matter how they are worn are bad. Coach makes a nice sling/messenger type bag that hold just as much "stuff" and is fashionable and not as bulky as well.Amen!!! Coach wristlets are awesome, too. My boys are still little, so I usually just toss a wristlet into their diaper bag.

Deesdisney
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I can not wear them because they are to small. I went to the store and bought a purse that goes over my head and across my body. It is still small but I can put my camcorder and camera in it. For me this works better. I know I look funny but it works for my purpose and I will never see any one of them again.

martinfamily5
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
We carry a (Mickey) backpack. DH and I usually take turns carrying the main one and each of the kids have a small drawstring backpack that they carry a waterbottle and snacks in. They used to carry their autograph books, but they are older and no longer get autographs :confused: I miss those times. Frankly, my tummy and bottom are large enough on there own, I don't need anything else making them even larger.

goofysbabe
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
I use one everytime I go on a trip. I purchased mine from wal-mart, it's a dark green nylon type material. I like it because I can carry my money, room key, camera and the like and not have to worry about losing it or someone stealing it. I don't like carrying those kind of items in a backpack that my have to be left sitting on a loading/unloading dock while I'm riding a ride. Not really worried that it's not the fashion, I'm just into having my important items secure!

Disney Doll
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Do whatever works for you. I'm sure most people are not dressing to impress at Disney. Comfort and convenience are key. For me a small bag I can carry across my body is the way to go. It seems more comfortable having something on my shoulder than around my waist. Plus, I don't want a big bulge right across my stomach. I have enough of a natural bulge there. :blush:

Tygger7
10-17-2007, 01:39 PM
As many others have said, I'd never even dream of wearing a fanny pack when I'm not at Disney World....but at WDW, I swear by them. I could care less what people think...I'm not at Disney World to impress them, I'm there to have fun. :coaster: I make everyone in the family use one to hold money, room key(s), maps, a small camera, & cell phone. I HATE lugging a purse around, and I have to haul a backpack with a laptop to work every day, so my back wouldn't handle hauling around a bunch of **** at Disney. We stay onsite, so if I end up needing something I don't have with me, we just run back to the room. I've only had to do that a couple of times in all my trips, and it allows us to travel light while visiting the parks. Just my :twocents:

playdead88
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
i gotta say ditch the fanny pack - it ranks right up there with black socks and sandals - there are so many cute bags out there now and those super cute shoulder sling bags that not only look awesome they hold more! just imagine all the pics you take at disney and years from now when you're looking through them you'll be standing there with a fanny pack. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I have used most of the above - fanny pack, back pack, purse, shoulder bag, but I really and truly prefer my husband's cargo pockets in his shorts. His wallet, my camera and our sun glasses fit in the pockets.

But, I sometimes use a shoulder type messenger bag that is small, I purchased for the 50th anniversary of Disney parks.

KarenP
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't like the look of a fanny pack so I got a Baggallini Wallet Bagg instead. I carry the larger size and can fit everything I need in it.

poeticeclipse
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Let's face it, fanny packs are not the coolest and most hip thing to wear. I don't care for them because they always slide down on me. But, if it works for you, DO IT! I really don't think that Mickey Mouse won't give you a hug if you have a hideous bright pink fanny pack.

I prefer Baggallini's. Try doing a search for them. They are WONDERFUL and more comfortable than a fanny pack or regular backpack.

You should see a picture of my husband and I all decked out for the parks. We have the Baggallini, digital camera case, video camera case, two pin lanyards, and mickey ears. It's a bit of a hassel when you have to take everything off for certain rides and then put it all back on after but we got into a great grove on our honeymoon. When we were waiting in line, we'd take all the stuff off and whoever wasn't wearing the bag would stuff it all in.

baldburke
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Jersey, how close are you to Philly? I only ask because local radio host, Kid Chris, was talking on air to local news anchor, Larry Mendte, about pictures of the later at Disney with his children in a fanny pack and crocs. He was really laying into him. Funny stuff.

Anyway, we use a back pack becuase you can carry more stuff. But I don't think anyone thinks twice about someone with a fanny pack in Disney. It is standard issue equipment.

mermaidmarian
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Aside from the fact that I don't need to draw attention (even if it is just my own) to my backside, a fanny pack is inadequate to carry the things that I would need in the park and it would get in the way more than the lightweight small napsack that I regularly use.

SurferStitch
10-17-2007, 10:52 PM
The fannypack:

Useful..........yes
Convenient....yes

Enough money in the world to get me to wear one........NO WAY!

But, like others have said, it's WDW, and fanny packs are the norm. I like to wear nice (yet casual) outfits to the parks where everything matches, and I wear a lot of cute trendy babydoll tops and hoodies, so a fanny pack (if I would consider one) would look horrible with my clothes.

I use a kid's plush Stitch backpack at the parks (got him in 2005). He's lightweight, holds my essentials, and looks perfect at WDW. I even bought him several outfits at Build-a-Bear to wear (German lederhosen, safari w/boots, Christmas elf, and a Hawaiian shirt and sandals). The characters love it, and have a blast messing around with it in pictures. It never gets in the way on rides, and I wouldn't go to WDW without him. I also have an awesome plush Mike Wazowski backpack I got from someone in England. I have a Santa hat for him this year.

Tink#64
10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm a 48 year old constuction worker who used to think fanny packs were the queerest things in the world.My wife had one and I put my stuff in hers(that was O.K.).One day we were on Main Street U.S.A. and browsing one of the shops when it struck me that maybe I ought to carry my own stuff and I bought a big old Mickey Fanny Pack.I'd never be caught dead outside of Disney with it on but when I'm there,anything goes.Maybe it's because I revert back to a 10 year old when I'm there,but in style or not I'll always have my Fanny Pack on when I'm at Disney World.:blush:

:funny: LOL! I thought this was hysterical!
Actually all four of us each where a pack! (DH's is camo!)DH, both DS's (10 & 11) & myself, we wear them on the front. We each carry our own small snacks for the day, each has a camera & a rain poncho & DS's have autograph books & sharpie! DH & myself also hang a water bottle from the packs. I carry all my notes for the day ie: ADR info, etc. I have even hung those tiny little WDW bags from it!:blush: I realize in some pix I look like a pack mule, but who cares! It keeps my hands free & we don't have to take them off & fear forgetting them! We only do a back pack for evening if we need to carry jackets, etc. We find it easier when we are each responsible for our own stuff & nobody has to lug around an excessive amount. We think the back packs get hot & heavy!My DM got a really cute WDW tote when I bought my new WDW pack & she carried it one day to the parks & decided it was way too bulky! She went back to her pack the next day! Just call us the pack people!:mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-18-2007, 12:39 AM
I always wear one to keep my hands free. I do take it off for pictures now or turn it around to the back after the hints from this board. I found a smaller one at Wal-Mart with three pockets so I can keep my camera and phone in one, money and tickets in one and other necessities in the other and it is still smaller than the other one I carried. I received a tip on a Mickey Shoulder pack from someone on another thread and bought one just like it from EBay. I love it and may try it the next trip to see if I like it better than the waist pack. I don't like things on my shoulders all day though. Who knows? I may end up carrying both. :) DH won't carry anything so I'm the pack mule.

pookiebear38
10-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Okay, so I already admitted that I will wear mine, but my favorite is my dad. My DH and I took DD to DW with my mom and dad. Dad always wore his red fanny pack. By the end of the trip, it was the magic bag! It always seemed that whatever we needed was in his bag. If DD needed a straw, he had a straw. Need a spoon? There it was. Sugar, salt, he had it. I can't remember some of the more obscure things that we needed, but it never failed that he had whatever was needed!:) To this day, he has his magic bag, although I think that he's progressed to his Mickey bag now...

mouseketeer mom
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
I personally do not enjoy a fanny pack on me or anyone else. I can't even get past the name..fanny..fanny..just doesn't seem right! HA!

JerseyWDWfan
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay, so I already admitted that I will wear mine, but my favorite is my dad. My DH and I took DD to DW with my mom and dad. Dad always wore his red fanny pack. By the end of the trip, it was the magic bag! It always seemed that whatever we needed was in his bag. If DD needed a straw, he had a straw. Need a spoon? There it was. Sugar, salt, he had it. I can't remember some of the more obscure things that we needed, but it never failed that he had whatever was needed!:) To this day, he has his magic bag, although I think that he's progressed to his Mickey bag now...

Great story! Made me laugh.:mickey:

offwego
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm a messenger bag style fan mostly cause that way we have one bag for three people and enough space for water bottles.

I have to admit though I'd buy the 2.50 water before I'd use a fanny pack..but I'm just not keen on anything that sits on my middle like that no matter where I am.

Patti
10-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I take my fannypack when traveling to WDW. However, when I go to the parks, I use a lanyard that carries my park pass, room keycard with charging privileges, DDE card, and DVC card. I also carry about $20 in cash. Because I don't have the fannypack, I can bypass security at the parks.

GA girl
10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
We went to Epcot this past Sunday on a spur of the moment trip and I did not have my fanny pack.:drama: I just could not imagine how I was going to function without it.:pout: My DH had on cargo shorts so that helped a little. But keeping my tickets, fast passes and money in my pockets was not as handy as having my little fanny pack. I am always the pack mule of our vacations. I did see lots of other people with "my" fanny pack!
The only upside I can think of was getting to go thru the "no bags" line.
My fanny pack rules!:cool:

LizLovesDiz
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I always thought that fannie packs were perfectly acceptable for me to wear, until I saw pictures of me with it on !!!: :blush: :sick:

pwdebbie
10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I always thought that fannie packs were perfectly acceptable for me to wear, until I saw pictures of me with it on !!!: :blush: :sick:

As much as I love the convenience of my fanny pack (shouldn't we call it a tummy/hip pack instead -- does anyone actually wear it on their fanny?), when I saw our pictures and that fanny pack, oh my! Note to self -- do not wear fanny pack in pictures. Second note to self -- If you have buttons (First Visit, Birthday) do not put one on each chest pocket of your shirt, this does not make for very flattering pictures!

Deb

JerseyWDWfan
10-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Second note to self -- If you have buttons (First Visit, Birthday) do not put one on each chest pocket of your shirt, this does not make for very flattering pictures!

Deb

:haha:

Marker
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
This is apparently more a question of vanity than of functionality.

Personally, I don't use a fanny pack at WDW (although I have in the past). Not because I wouldn't, but because I don't carry enough with me to warrent using one. I'm no longer traveling with small children, and if I can put it in my pocket, I figure I probably don't need it. Except for my refillable mug, and I only carry that because I leave the resort with it full of coffee in the morning, and then use it for water during the day. And there is no way under the sun that I'd want to carry a backpack around WDW all day.

However, I have used a fanny pack for a variety of outdoor hiking and camping activities.

Personally, it could be bright orange with blinking read and green lights saying "look at me, I'm wearing a FANNY pack", and I'd wear it if it served my purpose and met my needs(although the ones I have at home are pretty much solid black).

vamaggie
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
We leave Thursday (YEAH!!!!) and I have packed--a backpack, a neck wallet, AND a fanny pack. I believe I will use either the neck wallet or the fanny pack and also the backpack for water, sweaters etc. We will have a stroller so I envision putting the backpack on the back of the stroller most of the time. I am not above using whatever makes it easiest. My theory is that 1) the people I am going with know me (and all my quirks) and 2) the people I don't know I won't see again.

caryrae
10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I have never worn anywhere but Disney. I think it's great to have something to hold most everything I need to carry and it's nice to have the hands free of holding a bag or something. I don't carry much just cash, credit cards, park tickets, park maps, and FP tickets. I now use the neck wallet thing too. It keeps everything nice and safe, and you can put it under your shirt on rides so it's not flopping around.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
My fannie pack days are behind me (no pun intended). In fact, I prefer to travel as lightly as possible in the parks and usually only carry a clip-on pocket lanyard these days. It's holds my pass, room key, driver's license, credit card and some cash. If I do want to bring along my digital camera I have a small over-the-shoulder camera case (or I hit up a friend to tote it in their backpack--they are so kind to me!)

If you prefer to wear a fannie pack at the parks, don't worry about feeling self-conscious as there are many who do.

IloveJack
10-26-2007, 03:35 PM
What about the new hiking hip packs? Wal-Mart sells them in their camping section, and they don't look "outdated" at all. In fact, I've seen quite a few college students carry them as backpacks, and just let their notebooks stick out the top. They're rectangular, so they hold more than the traditional fanny pack, and they have two bottle holders on either side. If you wear it correctly, the bottles would be on each of your hips. I thought about using one for our trip in July, until I decided to make my own POTC bag (which lots of people then wanted!).

tomorrowschild
10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
I third the Coach swing pack! Love mine.
But, my mom always has and always will wear her fannypack (or "pouch" as she calls it). It is a staple for her at WDW. We bug her about it, but she says it is the best way to carry everything she needs. WDW is the only place she wears it. She feels that no one cares what you look like at Disney, and I would agree with her. People are more worried about keeping there families together, and heading to an attraction - - - they don't have time to worry about what other people are wearing. Just do what is comfortable for you.

GrmGrninGost
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
There's nothing handier to have at WDW than a fanny pack! :mickey:

scootch713
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I carry both a fanny pack and a backpack. The backpack has nonimportant items(additional clothes, snacks, tylenol, ect...) and i usually leave it in the stroller when we go on rides and into shows. The fanny pack has all my valuable stuff. I NEVER use one except at disney.... and it works great. Can't afford to lose the valuable stuff!!!

mttafire
10-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Never used one, NEVER will. Sometimes you just gotta have some pride.:) Ive found that shorts that have side pockets give me more than enough space for "stuff". We dont carry alot. Money and sunglasses..That about all i need at Disney.:thumbsup: