PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Movies?

goofynmd
10-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok maybe this is a dumb quetion, but I have to ask. What movies are shown at the restaurant? Are the scary? Would they be appropriate for a 2 year old. I think DS would enjoy the restaraunt because of the cars and being able to watch a movie while eating lunch/dinner (which is not allowed in our house).

Cinderelley
10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
It's not really movies. It's more like commercials of movies. They are all old B-rated movies. If you think your son can watch those without any difficulty, he wouldn't get scared.

tinksmom02
10-13-2007, 10:33 PM
I was concerned about this, as well, because my dd5 gets scared over weird things...like, she loves POTC movies but doesn't like Little Mermaid.

Anyway, from what I can remember, they showed clips from old movies, and old news shorts that talked about what things would be like in the future--kitchen appliances and stuff. There were some old cartoons, too.

I didn't really pay too much attention to the movies, and I don't think Jenna watched them at all. She was too busy coloring on her menu page (we brought extra crayons) and checking out the restaurant.

LibertyTreeGal
10-13-2007, 10:58 PM
One of the trailers is for "Attack of the 50 foot Woman" -- so it's those campy types you would find on the old MST3000 show.

tiaramom
10-14-2007, 07:43 AM
We Took My Daughter At 8 Months - She Was Fine
But Now She Is 2 ( Its The Age Thing)
She Wouldnt Set Foot In The Dark!

BoomNLeon
10-14-2007, 10:00 AM
There are also cartoon clips and really bad special effects. These were "cutting edge" for their time, but now you can see the wires that moved the floating brain around! (We were laughing pretty hard at that one) There was a group that sat near us and when one of the little girls started to get upset with a big spider in a preview, her dad told her to look at the strings holding up the spider and he explained to her it was a puppet. She seemed to be better with it. The images are relatively fleeting.

Hope this helps. :mickey:

SgtTigger
10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
We Took My Daughter At 8 Months - She Was Fine
But Now She Is 2 ( Its The Age Thing)
She Wouldnt Set Foot In The Dark!

you know I could understand this..... Coming in from outside to inside it is dark.... I have found that if we go inside and wait or go next door to the book store then when we get called in it is not so bad.....
Also to help with the dark you could tell the kids that the drink has a special light to help with the darkness... tell them to add a light cube to there drink ( it is an additional cost ) that might work too.....

:cop: :tigger:

Seasonscraps
10-14-2007, 12:59 PM
If you have seen the movie Grease, the drive in scene shows some of the same clips as the ones shown at the Sci Fi.

Also, you might be able to google a video of the clips.

SandmanGStefani24
10-14-2007, 01:16 PM
the clips are older, mind you. they are from back when you couldn't show something graphic and they left it more to your imagination. (which is better somethimes!) i actually find pretty much all the clips humorous, and not scary at all. the youngins mostly laugh along, with the CMs being the only ones screaming "in fright". have fun!

Beautiful_N_Blue_Princess
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I thought the same thing when I heard the name but now I know that they are just clips of old movies from WAY back then when i wasnt eve born. Its a great place for kids it gets kidda tired after the first 4 times but it is a ton of fun the first 2 or 3:mickey:

bibbidiboo3
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
My dd's loved to see an old Tom and Jerry cartoon among the clips we saw. They thought it was funny to see T&J at Disney!!

thrillme
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't imagine even the littlest being scared. There's a couple of cartoons one in particular of an cat becoming annoyed with people and he manages to run away to mars. There's several funny "martians" maybe people aren't so bad after all.

The other clips are newsreels, commercials and a few "trailers" from some of the OLD B Movies. High quality of the time...pretty silly now.

Alas for some reason when my DS was only 1 he fell in love with Jurassic Park. He saw it when we were carrying him through Circuit City looking for a new TV. He cried everytime we moved away from the big tv with the big dinosaur.

ElenitaB
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
The idea of getting the light-up ice cube is brilliant. Other things I've used with my DS are light up pins and a small light up key chain that wouldn't disturb our neighbors. These came in handy not only in the darkness of this restaurant but in dark rides when he was feeling uncomfortable.

My DS (who adores all things Star Trek) did not enjoy the movies at Sci-Fi and it took a few years to get him back there. As his parent, I've learned never to assume what he will or won't be good with (e.g., he loves every single coaster at WDW, etc.) but was creeped out by the Muppets Show.

Personally, I really like Sci-Fi. The theming is amazing and I remember watching those movies on TV on Sunday afternoons (yes, I'm :old: ). Hope you enjoy it.