PDA

View Full Version : WL lobby rooms?

Disney Diva 71
10-13-2007, 06:27 PM
My DH and I have stayed at the WL atleast 7 times. We love it! But how do get to stay in one of the rooms where the doors face the Lobby? Are they all concierge level?:confused:

Sunshine1010
10-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Would like to know this also.

wdw_bound
10-13-2007, 08:30 PM
We had a standard view on the 4th floor last year. Our room door opened to a view of the lobby and had 2 rockers with a small table right outside the door. We loved it, but the view might not be for everyone. We basically looked into the eaves of the roof covering the walkway to the villas. However, I would sit on the balcony first thing in the morning look out at the skyline and the treeline and count my blessings. Very peaceful.

And for those who were wondering, we were not bothered at all by the WCC noise - the only time we even faintly heard it was as we were at our doorway.

Two more months!!!

Nini
10-13-2007, 09:30 PM
We've had two rooms overlooking the lobby. And hopefully one more to come!! Just request it through your travel agent, and when you get to check-in ask - nicely!! - again

Our first visit we got a Wood's View room on the 5th floor. We had not requested a lobby view room, but we really liked it. It was neat to step out of your room and look out over that beautiful lobby. We would always stand there for a minute or two in amazement. It was much neater walking along the rocking chairs and little fireplace areas to the stairs in the front than just running to the elevators. Outside we could see a little of the top of the castle, the end of the Contemporary, and the monorail. We could also see the Magic Kingdom fireworks at night. The bad part was that we were just to the left of the service area, and could hear (not really loud) the trucks coming and going, and backing up. You could also sometimes hear the hooting and hollering coming up from the Whispering Canyon - but only when it got really loud! I actually liked to prop our door open when getting ready in the mornings 'cause I thought it was so fun.

For our second visit to the WL we got a standard view room and requested a lobby view. This time we were on the 4th floor over the check-in area. Our outside view was of the park busses loading area and the front drive up. We were fine with this.

We have a trip coming up next month to the WL, and have once again requested a lobby view room. We've also got Wood's View again, and I wouldn't mind at all if we got that first room again! The pluses definitely made up for any minuses!!

Only 45 more days!!!!!!
Denise :mickey:

Goofeygal
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
We love the wilderness lodge but have never had a lobby view room. Great idea.

stephntampa
10-14-2007, 08:18 AM
We have booked a courtyard view room in December... do any of these rooms have a lobby view? It's our first stay there.. can't wait!

LibertyTreeGal
10-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Make sure you request NOT to be on the second floor -- the WCC noise will bother you if you are directly over it (as we were) -- as well as the loading dock noise. So definitely request that you be on one of the other three sides.

SgtTigger
10-14-2007, 11:27 AM
We have booked a courtyard view room in December... do any of these rooms have a lobby view? It's our first stay there.. can't wait!

No court yard view does not overlook the lobby...

We had the very first room on the Magic Kingdom side of the lodge once. 4th floor our room opened to the reading area of the front of the lodge. It was kind of like having 2 rooms because we could open the door and go sit in the reading area. In that area we could hear the music from the lobby it was so nice.
The only noise we heard from Whispering Canyon was at 5:00 pm when the opened and we were napping in the room..... It kind of sounded like this..... Clang clang clang clang..... COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD GEEEEEEEEETTTTTT IT....... Sherrie and I just busted out laughing......... what a great way to wake up form a nap......

:cop: :tigger:

Jenemmy
10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmm -- you guys have me all intrigued. Do any of these lobby view rooms have connecting rooms? Or, are they more secluded and by themselves?