PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Night Crew - Day 7

Cinderelley
10-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Amy - 32
Christi - 36
Sharon - :secret:

After our late night last night, it was really hard to drag ourselves out of bed, but we had an ADR for Akershush at 0840. So, we got up and at 'em. We ran a little late for our ADR - I had never had an ADR at Epcot before opening before, so I wasn't sure which way to go to get into the park.

The set up was a little different than the last time I was here. First, we got our picture taken with Belle. Then we were shown to our table and shown where the buffet line was. Each of the princesses still came around to our table. I was wearing a Sleeping Beauty shirt, and Sleeping Beauty commented on it. She also said "Can you keep a secret? My castle is prettier than the one here." :laughing: We had a great time with her. Last time it was Mulan who made us laugh. They still brought the main course to our table, but I definitely liked the other set up much better.

After breakfast, World Showcase was still closed, so we headed to Soarin'. On the way, we saw a photopass photographer, so we got our pic in front of the "ball". (Yes, I had to aggravate you guys with that comment.) While we were there, a new group of CMs came out. They made a big overhead announcement and everybody cheered for them. It looked like they were having a great time! We got fastpasses for Soarin' and rode Living With the Land. Sharon was telling us what each plant was called when we passed by it during the whole trip, so I knew she would love this ride. Then it was off to Test Track. It was as great as ever, but I always have to sit down and rest after it.

After my body recuperated, it was time for a quick trip around the world. This whole trip started because Sharon wanted to go to England for her 25th wedding anniversary, and her DH wouldn't take her. So, I modified it, and took her to England in Epcot. ;)

We made a quick stop in Canada, but didn't watch the new movie. Then England, where we spent a long time. Sharon loved the gardens.

In France, it was my turn to shop. I had bought some perfume in France on my last trip, and I had promised myself I would buy some more on this trip. The CM in there was great, but my nose was soon overwhelmed with the different smells. I told him I would come back after we got something to eat.

We hit the Boulangerie Patisserie and enjoyed a nice snack on the patio. The chocolate mousse was wonderful. :cloud9: After a little shopping in the store next door, I headed back for my perfume. I had decided on one, but I couldn't remember which bottle it had come from. Thankfully, the CM knew exactly which one it was when he smelled it. They started ringing it up when I asked if I could shop around a little more. They seemed flabbergasted, and one of them said "You mean in this shop?" I guess not too many people buy two bottles of perfume there. Now that the CM knew what I liked, it took about 10 minutes for me to find a second bottle - that's including the trips I made outside to get Sharon and Amy's opinions. I had them ship the bottles home for me, and when they arrived, the CM had put a little gift and a handwritten note inside for me. I love Disney's service.

Then it was on to Morocco. We got to see the belly dancer performing with the band, and the photopass photographer took our pics which Sharon opted out of. After browsing, we headed to Japan. I took them in and bought each of us an oyster to get a pearl with. We had a great time with that. It was time for us to Soar over California, so we took the boat across the lake. We prepared Sharon very well for this ride, in hopes that she wouldn't scream again. It worked, and she loved it! After our trip, it was time to head to Biergarten for our ADR.

We enjoyed Biergarten quite a bit. We were paired with a family that lived just north of France. Only one of them spoke English, and Sharon spoke a little French. Between the two of them we had a pleasant conversation for a little while. The atmosphere was very nice, and the food was pretty good too. I missed my friend Stacy while we were there though. She was supposed to come with us, and we had picked Biergarten for her. Unfortunately, her sister had developed a brain tumor in a place where they couldn't operate, so she wasn't able to come.

After dinner, we found a good spot for Illuminations. Sharon and Amy loved it. It turned out to be their favorite show of the whole trip.

We headed back to CBR and Sharon and I went to Banana Cabana to get a drink. I ordered first, and the CM asked me for my ID, which I didn't have. She asked me how old I was, and I had a little trouble remembering. LOL! Then she asked me for my birthdate, which was much easier to remember. While she was asking me all this stuff, Sharon took out her ID. The CM took her order, and Sharon said "Do you need to see my ID too?" at which point, the CM laughed and said "No." As the CM bent down to get our drinks, she realized how bad that sounded and stopped for a second. She started to say something, and then Sharon jumped in to tease her by saying "I see how it is then." It was one of those really funny awkward moments that only happens on TV.

As we were walking back, they were running some more test fireworks at Epcot. From what we could see, it was looking better and better, but it was still kinda sad knowing that Illuminations was leaving.

Sunshine1010
10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Illuminations is leaving??????????????????????????????

Disney Diva 71
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
DUDE... What! Illuminations???????????????? No WAY!

DisneyTwirler13!
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
are you serious!!!
me and my friends and family LOVE Illuminations!!!

ariel03
10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I heard rumours but didn't think they had started testing a new show! :(

KylesMom
10-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Yay - I'm finally caught up on your trip reports!

Another special day - it sounds like each one of you found joy in something today. I'm going to be sad to see your trip end! :(

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Sounds like another great day.

faline
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
What a terrific day - right from breakfast all the way through Illuminations and the end of your day!

youngOx96
11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Another good report. It sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
11-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: