PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion--how scary?

beksy
10-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I was just wondering if the refurbished HM is a lot scarier than the original? My sister can be a bit of a fraidy cat and I don't want something to scare her unexpectedly. She loved the original but is a little leary of it since the refurbishment. TIA! :mickey:

battle beast
10-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Some of the anamatronics have been "cleaned up," so to speak, but nothing should be scarier than before. She'll love the new look!:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Right, not much scarier than before. If anything, the Stretching Room might be the only thing but that would be the bats and the loud thunder that now plays.

(Little spoiler, just highlight to see if you want to know some of the changes. If not, then don't)

Jasper
10-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Right, not much scarier than before. If anything, the Stretching Room might be the only thing but that would be the bats and the loud thunder that now plays.

(Little spoiler, just highlight to see if you want to know some of the changes. If not, then don't)

:offtopic: So can you tell me how to do the hidden unless highlighted text? And remember I am fairly computer illiterate.

WDWfanatic742
10-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Color the text white.

Just click arrow next to the A button next to the Sizes Tab and choose white.

We use it on here for spoilers if people don't want to know something or if it reveals something.

beksy
10-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks everyone! I really wanted to go on this, but not if it meant staying up all night because of nightmares! This should ease her mind. :party:

Disney Diva 71
10-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I never thought of the HM as scary at all except the first time I rode it. I guess I've just been on it WAY to many times. It's a must ride several times when we visit the world.:thumbsup:

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
i just came back from wdw this tuesday
i thought the only creepy part was where your standing in the middle of the circular room and it shows the guys corpse swingging from a rope

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-13-2007, 11:52 PM
i thought the only creepy part was where your standing in the middle of the circular room and it shows the guys corpse swingging from a rope

Well I totally missed that...lol.

My oldest son was a little nervous of the changes but, promptly asked to go right back on it. Even my 4 year old loved it. :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
10-14-2007, 10:36 AM

I haven't seen the refurbished version yet but that's ALWAYS been there! It comes right after the Ghost Host says, "There's always my way!" :hmghost:

I hope you had a great time! :wave:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen the refurbished version yet but that's ALWAYS been there! It comes right after the Ghost Host says, "There's always my way!" :hmghost:

I hope you had a great time! :wave:Hmm..Maybe I have missed it for the last ten years because I am too busy looking for the way out...lol. :thumbsup:

delusionalstitch
10-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Even as a kid I never found HM scary. The referb added some new effects. The only thing i could think of that might scare her is the Stretching room

kbean
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
The only creepy part that scared my GF's daughter was the bride's face in the attic. Other than that the ballroom scene reminded her of Harry Potter.

beksy
10-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like she'll do fine. She heard somewhere that there were people jumping out at her or something. I didn't thing this sounded right but thought since its just the 2 of us (she's 19 but it still doesn't take much to freak her our sometimes!) that I would check with the experts. She is much calmer now and I get to go on one of my favorite rides. :mickey: