PDA

View Full Version : bibbidbobbidiboutique

briarroro
10-12-2007, 08:41 PM
any opinions on whether this is worth doing? I made appts for my girls but I am toying with canceling. we are going to a princess dinner and my one daughters hair has a mind of its own-and I thought it would be a nice part of the experience

12DAYS TO GO:mickey:

N2DisneyWorld
10-12-2007, 08:59 PM
My daughter absolutely loved the boutique. She prissed around all day. People kept stopping us and asking where she got made up.

I think it was worth it.

mook3y
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
We did this for our DD3 and it was priceless! The photo's alone were worth the $.

She was going to the halloween party as Tinkerbell, so we didn't purchase a dress this time.

But she absolutely loved it.

They also use hair extensions to make the hair look even more beautiful.

PM me and I will send you a link with a picture if you like.

tinksmom02
10-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Jenna got BBBed just two weeks ago, and she absolutely loved it! I did the crown package, and packed her a nice dress. She didn't even ask me for a princess dress, and she was perfectly comfortable in her own dress all day long.

I think it was absolutely worth the $50! She was pampered and fussed over. And as for hair--Jenna has naturally curly hair--very curly, and there's lots of it! She'd originally picked the Diva style, but the fairy GM-in training at the checkin convinced her that the Princess style would work better for her hair. Her fairy GMIT had no problems with her hair--I'd brought her comb, but she used her own, and tossed it in the bag when she was done. And it really only took about 20 minutes...while one FGIT was working on her hair, another came over to do her nails and makeup. Very efficient.

The pictures I took of Jenna while she was getting the hairstlye are funny--she looks scared, like she doesn't know what to expect! But the pictures taken afterwards, at Guest Relations, are absolutely beautiful.

She walked around with that hairstyle, and her dress, and the sash, all afternoon long, and looked like a beauty pageant contestant. Everyone complimented her, and called her princess. LOL We walked over to Riverside that night, and she was waving to the boat to DTD...I showed her how to do the "pageant" wave, with a closed hand, just because I thought it went with her ensemble LOL

The hair lasted for two days, and would probably have lasted longer, except that the second night was our airplane ride home, and she wiggled in the seat the whole way, and mussed her 'do up!

Anyway, I say go for it, if you can swing it! Your girls will totally love it. Oh, Jenna just turned 5 in August, and she's not really a girly-girl, but she does enjoy being pampered and treated like a princess once in a while--don't we all!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Well I am really sad to admit this but, my DD was not thrilled with BBB on September 14th. :(

She just turned 4 this past Weds.

She was looking forward to it for months. We booked the Castle package for her and she was getting the Snow White package for MNSSHP that night. We were at DTD since the only appt we could get at the Castle was at 7pm and we did not want to miss a minute of the party.

Anyway, it was packed and my DD is really shy so I think that was a lot of it. Also, her FGIT did not have the best personality. The second one that did her hair and make up was much better so she warmed up a little bit.

She did great for the pics after and was thrilled with her dress, etc, and all of the compliments she received. The pictures we took of her are priceless and the pics that came with the package are gorgeous.

I think it depends on the little Princesses' personality in regards to the whole experience. My DD was a more timid then most of the other girls there. We will probably skip it next year or go by ear once we get there.

It was a bummer for us. We really wanted it to be a wonderful experience for her. The outcome was but, the process wasn't.

Our experience is not the common one with BBB though.

cal5755
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I say DONT cancell! I think you guys will love it. Both my girls did it in SEPT. (ages 8 and 4) My youngest is shy and she loved it too!! We did the dress and hair package. The girls had such a wonderful time they are already planning it for next year. DD 8 used her own money from making good grades all year and plans on saving all her good grade money this year for next september's trip to the BBB. The pictures they take are well worth it too!!

Whatever you dicide I hope you have a magical trip!!:mickey:

ftwildernesskid
10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions about shoes to wear with the princess dresses? I want something that will look pretty, but will also be comfortable in case my DD wants to wear her dress all day.
Thanks

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions about shoes to wear with the princess dresses? I want something that will look pretty, but will also be comfortable in case my DD wants to wear her dress all day.
Thanks

Pretty..No. :secret: Comfy..Yes. My DD wore her navy blue maryjane Crocs in the parks. She only put her Snow White shoes on for dinner with the Princesses.

tiaramom
10-14-2007, 11:14 AM
My Daughter Is Almost 3
We Brought Her To The Castle Bbb
It Was So Beautiful And Magical In There.
It Was Worth Every Single Penny!
It Cost Approx $172.oo
For:
Dress, Crown, Wand, Clip, Hair Style, Make Up App, Nails App, And A Take Hoe Cosmetics And Nail Polish, And Photo Package. ( Didnt Get Shoes Too Big For Her).

She Was A Little Scared At The Magical Plastic Mirror- She Didnt Respond Well To That- But:
She Loved Getting Her Own Dressing Room- Where The Dress Was Hung And Acessories Layed Out So Lovely. She Was Wowed!

The Fair God Mothers Were Plenty-
And Extremley Patient With My Daughter.

The Atmosphere Was Sooooooo
Princess! Tiaras In Glass Domes- Lush Curtains-
Well Set Up-
Actaully Inside The Castle.

Downside Is The Photographers In The Castle Bbb Werent So Good-
I Took Better Shots
Though Her Package Photo Came Out Much Nicer-
You Must Walk To Exposition Hall At Front Of Mk Park In Order To Take Photos
That Was A Pain.. But Worth It!
Remember To Save Time For Lines At Photo And Viewing Areas- It Can Be Long...

All The Girls Seemed Very Happy Here-
My Daughter Didnt Put Down The Shopping Bbb Bag ( They Give To Each Princess- Filled With Cosmetics. Incl. In Price) All Week- She Carried It!

They Make Sure The Dress Fits Perfect- Ajusting It To Fit Perfectley To Your Princess.
The First Dress Was Too Big-
There Is A Big Mirror And A Stool In The Private Princess Dressing Room- My Daughter Loved Staring Into The Mirror At Herself All Dolled Up In Costume.

Remember:
There Are Jealous Moms Out There-
Dont Let The Stare Down Bother You.
People Even Say Things Like
"thats A Waste Of Money"
Ignore It
We Are Not Wealthy By Far- I Just Wanted To Save Up- And Treat My Girl.
So Nasty People- Keep Those Comments To Behind Hidden Doors.

Any Child Should Enjoy This
Its A Great Gift For Any Child-
Except - Some Times At Certain Ages- Children Have Touch Issues
As Does My Daughter-
So Be Careful With What Feels Confortable For Them.
I Did My Daughters Make Up
This Was How She Felt Comfortable-
The Fairy Godmothers Are Wonderful
Tip Them
Something-
Have Fun Everyone

Disneyatic
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I would recommend keeping their appointments! Especially if they are in the castle boutique. It is truly magical.
My daughter is 8 and has gotten to the age where she is "skeptical" of all things princess, but she absolutely loved getting her hair and makeup done in the castle.
It was one of the highlights of our trip, she was beaming all during and after her appointment! We will definitely be doing this again and again!

mickey&missy
10-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Don't cancel!! I took my DD, who was 5 at the time, last Halloween morning to get all princessed up for MNSSHP. It was absolutely wonderful! The FGMIT was great! She looked beautiful!

She can't wait to go again. We'll be in WDW in March on her 7th birthday. I'm taking her that morning to the one in the Castle! It should be a magical experience!

FYI, a couple posters noted shoes. DD took off her "glass slippers" outside the photo place as soon as we were done. Luckily I had thought enough to know she wouldn't make it far in their shoes. Your much better off taking shoes you know your girls will be comfy in!

briarroro
10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
thats just what I wanted to hear. My girls are very excited. My youngest has short hair, and of course, wants her hair "up", so I was glad to hear about the hair extensions. thanks for your input everyone! I'm new to this so its taking me some time to figure out how to post threads; plus I couldn't find this one (post) I originally did! Sheesh! 7 days and counting!:thumbsup:

nicole48040
10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Disey store has golden maryjane shoes right now that are adorable and look comfy as well. Those would go with any princess dress :thumbsup:

Disneyatic
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
They also have princess flip flops at BBB that you can purchase. They were themed to the diff. princesses and I noticed thaty they actually looked like they would be okay comfort wise. I would be sure to have a back-up comfy pair of shoes just in case though!