PDA

View Full Version : Pop

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I just came back from wdw and i stayed at pop.
The service was ok,but the bus lines were unbelivable.
they had one bus for each park and me and my family only got to sit down 3 times.
They need alot more busses.
Once i counted 7 coronado springs busses that had 5 ppl in it for every one of our busses. i do not recommend this resort durring busy times.
we are never staying there again

tiaramom
10-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I Also Just Returned From Pop
And Found It To Be Typical In Disney Bus Transportation. Its Always Hit Or Miss
With The Buses. I Only Had One Time Where It Was Way Too Crowded This Trip. I Too Stayed At Coronado And Found It Similar In Bus Transport.
Again, Its Really Hit Or Miss.
This Resorts Service Isnt Anywhere Near
5 Star Of Luxury - But I Find The Grounds, Food And Room Way Above Average. I Really Like This Hotel For Family Of Young Children ( As We Are).
It Fits All Our Needs.
Give Pop Another Chance-

January-2007
10-12-2007, 06:46 PM
We were staying there in September and the lines were hundreds long. We only took one bus to or from Pop this trip, we decided to drive the rest of the trip. That night we caught a cab back.

tiaramom
10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Dont Get Me Wrong - Added Buses Would Be Heaven Sent.
But It Just Never Happens- So I Deal With It!
I Had To Stand With A 5 Month Old- And A
Diaperbag And A Bulky Stroller Last Year .
That Was Tough! But Everyone Does It-
I Do Hate It Too! I Just Do It
Yuk

Eeyore's My Favorite
10-12-2007, 09:27 PM
We were there for 3 days in September and had absolutely NO problem with the bus situation no matter what time of day we took them. The only time we had to stand on the bus was Wed. morning when we chose to ride with all the families going to the MK for LOEMH. That was by our choice so we stood & really enjoyed it because we got to talk and learn alot about the families around us - where they came from - first time or not. POP is a busy resort, everyone just needs to face it - the values are always packed and so are the buses. Both to and from the parks, you just sorta live with it. After all.........you're at the most magical place in the world...........WDW.....:mickey:

ryca1dreams
10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
We considered staying at Pop this Sept., but upgraded to CBR because of the free dining. I totally sympathize with you. We looked at the Pop bus lines that were like a mob scene.

I was sure there was a problem that one time. But when I saw it everyday, I knew it was just to be expected. Man, that was bad.

DizneyRox
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
That's one of tfhe many reasons I don't stay at a value resort. The bus lines always seem to be a nightmare. One time I stayed at the Pop and the line going to MK was easily ull of enough people to fill three busses.

We ended up taking a bus to Epcot, taking the monorail over to TTC and then monorail again over to MK. It was probbly quicker than waiting in that line, in any event I at least felt like we were accomplishing something.

Never again...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
We stayed at Pop last September and we were not thrilled with it at all.

The bus service was not great but, it was not our main dislike. It was more the fact that the resort just seemed really busy all the time. Especially the food court.

Maybe it is better at a much quieter time since there are so many people that love it. I think it is just the huge size of Pop that turned us off.

We were big fans of AS Movies. We joined DVC this year and stayed at SSR for our first time last month. Now, we are spoiled...lol.

Speedy1998
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I find the best thing to do is avoid the buses when you know everyone will be headed for them. For example, right after Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic. I window shop at the parks for forty five minutes or so after the shows end. It is much better than 45 minutes in line for the bus. Also you can avoid the morning rush in a couple of ways. 1. You can get up early, before the crowds get large. or 2. For going to MK (which usually has the longest lines) you can take the bus to EPCOT and than ride the Monorail over. It is a little out of the way, but it beats the heck out of standing in line for the bus.

pixiegoose
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
We stayed at Pop last September and we were not thrilled with it at all.

The bus service was not great but, it was not our main dislike. It was more the fact that the resort just seemed really busy all the time. Especially the food court.

Maybe it is better at a much quieter time since there are so many people that love it. I think it is just the huge size of Pop that turned us off.

We felt the same way though I think our biggest gripe was the ridiculous lines for the busses at anytime day or night. We have vowed that we will not stay at a value again. It's going to be moderate or possibly deluxe from now on. We had absolutely no bus issues when we stayed at CSR in July 2006 and my brother-in-law and his wife had no problems with their POR busses in September when they were there at the same time we were. Values may be for some people but they just don't work for us. To each his own.

wedway76
10-13-2007, 10:02 AM
We stay at the Values all the time, and the biggest legitimate gripe that I can see is the bus service. Beside their bus stops always being the furthest from the theme park gates there are always long lines, and although you can usually fit on one bus, the busses are almost always crowded. I refuse to sit if I see one kid or elderly person standing, so I can’t remember the last time I’ve gotten a seat on a Value bus.

I grew up in New York City and had to take city busses to school every day so I am used to dealing with crowded busses.

DisneyTwinsMommy
10-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't know... I have had equally bad experiences with the bus transportation staying at both value and moderates... i think it just might be the buses, not the actual resort... Add more buses! :confused::confused:

mttafire
10-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Hmm, We liked pop alot. All Star Movies is our favorite value though. I can think of ALOT of reasons why driving is easier to get to the parks...However, When one stays at a value resort it is to be expected that there WILL be lines for the busses.:mickey:

diznedreamin
10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I find the best thing to do is avoid the buses when you know everyone will be headed for them. For example, right after Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic. I window shop at the parks for forty five minutes or so after the shows end. It is much better than 45 minutes in line for the bus. Also you can avoid the morning rush in a couple of ways. 1. You can get up early, before the crowds get large. or 2. For going to MK (which usually has the longest lines) you can take the bus to EPCOT and than ride the Monorail over. It is a little out of the way, but it beats the heck out of standing in line for the bus.
:ditto: I've stayed at POP a few times, and this is exactly what my family does! However, I don't set my expectations high with the bus service. I know they overfill the buses, I just accept it and not let a bus ride ruin my wonderful vacation!:cloud9:

benny
10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
We were at POP January 7-17 this year and had not problem with the buses at all. In fact, I was dreading the buses after reading lots about the waiting, standing etc. but was pleasantly surprised. We only had to wait in a long line once which was straight after illuminations and the line was long but two buses arrived at once and off we went back to the resort.

I honestly found the buses fantastic and a wonderful easy way to get around WDW.

Maybe it was the time of year we went, not sure?

Jenny

Speedy1998
10-13-2007, 04:53 PM
We were at POP January 7-17 this year and had not problem with the buses at all. In fact, I was dreading the buses after reading lots about the waiting, standing etc. but was pleasantly surprised. We only had to wait in a long line once which was straight after illuminations and the line was long but two buses arrived at once and off we went back to the resort.

I honestly found the buses fantastic and a wonderful easy way to get around WDW.

Maybe it was the time of year we went, not sure?

Jenny

In your case it was the time of year you went. Jan after the week of New Years is one of the slowest times at WDW. Other slow times are Oct, Nov (except the week of Tanksgiving) and Dec till the week before Christmas. Sep. used to be a slow month, but since Disney started offer free DDP 3 years ago it has become one of the busier months.

NewmanFamily6
10-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Dh & I went during free dining by ourselves in Sept last year. We too stayed at Pop and had the worst bus service ever. I had told him it would be better because we wouldn't be sharing buses like at AllStars. I was wrong:blush: The year before with the kids we stayed at AS movies and had much better bus service. Also, I would never stand on a bus holding a child as I just would not feel safe. When we have gone with the children we will wait for the next bus rather than try to have them stand up. Since we joined DVC we have not had any problems:mickey:

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
In your case it was the time of year you went. Jan after the week of New Years is one of the slowest times at WDW. Other slow times are Oct, Nov (except the week of Tanksgiving) and Dec till the week before Christmas. Sep. used to be a slow month, but since Disney started offer free DDP 3 years ago it has become one of the busier months.
the problem is that i stayed in october
even people from th orlando area said it was very packed for that time of year
realy the only lines that were long were the busses all the rides had fairly short lines 10-25 minutes is the norm

SandmanGStefani24
10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
well I don't judge POP simply based on the busses, but I do agree that the lines for the busses were long, and another bus or two in the cycle is greatly needed. I also noticed when at MGM how many more busses there are for other resorts and how less crowded they are. We loved POP, but the only con we noticed besides the busses was the fact that the rooms were not as clean as they should have been. (corners not vacuumed, areas not dusted, notepads/menus written on, ect) I would definately go back.

luvdiznee
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
We weren't bothered by the bussing situation on our last 2 stays at POP. The only thing that did bother me was Mousekeeping leaving the small garbage bag on our floor. :thedolls:

DizneyFreak2002
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I have stayed there twice now.... Both times I was a little disappointed with the bus system... But, that wouldn't prevent me from staying there again... However, I am now a DVC owner, so I won't be staying there anymore... But, the two times I stayed at Pop I loved it... I recommend it to anyone who asks where they should stay...

DisneyOtaku
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm glad I'm hearing this now about the bus situation. My friends and I are going to be staying there in December, so knowing this ahead of time will let us decide if we want to use the busses or just drive (I'm already guessing we're driving the to first park we go to--AK).

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-14-2007, 09:24 PM
My husband and I stayed at the Pop last year in October and loved it!!!! We didn't experience the buses to be a problem. When you're at Disney enjoy yourself. You shouldn't place all that stress on yourselves, it's your vacation. Buses will be crowded wherever you go. We get to the buses at a good time in the morning and at night pace youselves. Don't make a mad dash to the buses right away. WAIT TIL THE CROWDS GET LOW AND THEN GO TO THE BUSES. If you pace yourselves, you'll enjoy your trip much more. Again, have fun on your trip don't STRESS OUT about the bus trans. We're at the happiest place on earth...DISNEY. My husband and I will be heading to Disney in 22 days from Nov. 7th thru 17th for our ten year anniv. at the POP. We are counting the days. See you soon Mickey and the whole Disney gang.:mjump::goofy::donald::tigger:

Crow
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM

I agree. i just stayed at POP again & while its my fav value and saves me $$ over staying at the others, it is busy. the food court was in am and the buses exp to MK. thats why i went to Epcot most times.
the food court food was ok though. if a big diff in $$ and i couldnt afford the mods/deluxes i would stay there again

caryrae
10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Ya can't really judge a place by 1 bad part otherwise there would not be anyplace to go because no place is perfect 100% of the time. We stayed Sept last year and don't remeber seeing many people waiting for busses in the morning. This is one of the reason why I prefer driving myself.

May524
10-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I think the bus problem is across the board at all values. When we stayed at OKW in June the busses were a bit cramped also. We are going in November and I am excited, but now a bit scared b/c of the talk of how bad it has been lately :(
I wish we could upgrade now, but it's a bit too late.

Taja
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I've experienced the same bus issues at POP, CSR and YC. At peak times, the buses are crowded. Period.

Other times, I've been the only person--or one of very few people on a bus.

I just let others go ahead of me and wait for the next bus to get a seat. With two rehabbed knees, one ankle and one foot, I don't take any unnecessary risks. I've hobbled through three WDW visits with leg/foot injuries!

Everyone seems to be in a hurry to be at the same place at the same time. I'm on vacation when at WDW!

DisFan01
10-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I've stayed at POP many times, and every time, the parking is TERRIBLE! We stay for Extra Magic Hours, and when we get back, we have to park in the check-in lot because there is absolutelt NO place to park... :mad:

JPL
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I just got back from Pop last night and didn't have any problems at all with the buses. I had a seat on every bus and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to any park. Even taking a bus back to the resort was great the few times I did.

I had great mousekeeing the room was immaculate. I got 2 towel animals & lots of extra soap and shampoo.

mttafire
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I just got back from Pop last night and didn't have any problems at all with the buses. I had a seat on every bus and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to any park. Even taking a bus back to the resort was great the few times I did.

I had great mousekeeing the room was immaculate. I got 2 towel animals & lots of extra soap and shampoo.
I think your experience it that of probably 90% of those that stay at a value resort.. An excellent one. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. Sounds like you were not aware how busy the buses can actually be, especially at park openings/closings.

DH and I have stayed at Pop twice now, and found the bus service to be excellent. We hardly ever waited for a bus to the parks (most times a couple minutes, other times no more than 5-10 minutes), morning or evening. We also had great luck heading back to Pop, too. The only times we found huge lines were at park closing, which was not unexpected. CM's did their best to get more buses to our stop at park closing, and once they started coming more quickly, the line dissipated quickly. Learning our lesson early on in the trip, we would stick around the park until the bus crowds thinned out, then headed to the bus. Max wait time was about 10-15 minutes, sometimes much less.

The worst bus service we've experienced was at the Grand Flo. That is the ONLY gripe I have with the Flo. Bus service is very, very slow....especially going to DTD in the evening. There were quite a few nights during our stays there where we had 60+ minute waits for a DTD bus around 8:00 pm.

I would stay at Pop again in a heartbeat. It's a fabulous resort, and a real bargain. The food court wasn't very busy at all (we had breakfast there on many mornings around 7:30, and we really only ever had a few people in front of us in line). We've had very quiet rooms that were very clean.....great mousekeeping. The walkways were never packed with people, and it seemed very relaxed there.

wjrhw
10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
We love POP and the bus service. The buses are crowded, but at least they are always running. We waited much longer with WL buses in January, then POP buses in August.

At WL stops, we waited over 20 minutes for almost every bus. Then we drove around to other Deluxes to pick up more people. The drive times were outrageous. With POP, it is crowded, but at least the buses are always moving.

At the end of the night, there may be a long line, but they have multiple continuous buses and things are taken care of quickly. One night at the Magic Kingdom in August a large non-Disney bus pulled up to help take people back to the POP. So the long lines look worse then they actually are.

rnin02
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
We had the worst time with busses this year, and we stayed at POR. The wait times and sheer number of people getting on the bus was just awful. Even when we were "resort hopping" (for dinner, whatever) waiting at other resorts was awful too. We waited at least 30 mins one night for a bus to DTD from the Contemporary.

DH wants to stay at POP next year...I'm not sure I can handle more crowded, packed busses.