PDA

View Full Version : Tolls from NJ to WDW?

tink03
10-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Can someone kindly give me a rough estimate as to how much I should bring for tools along the way. This is our first time driving to the World and we are driving straight through. Thanks to intercot I was able to get an estimate as to how much $ to bring for gas so now I would like to add tolls:thumbsup::rocks:

NJGIRL
10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
From what I remember there is the bridge going into Delaware $3.00, two tolls around the Baltimore area and a boat load in Florida (3 or 4). I don't remember how much the Baltimore tolls were but the Florida tolls were cheap (maybe under a dollar each) It's been a long time since we have driven.:blush:

sloslo
10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I agree with the previous post. You should also add NJ Turnpike and/or Garden State Parkway tolls as well.

g0189a
10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
i95exitguide has a list of the tolls on the way down. Recommend it as a resource.

I highly recommend getting an EZ Pass so you don't have to stop in line.

Southbound trip:
$3 Del Memorial bridge into DE
$3 DE Turnpike
$2 Tunnel in Baltimore MD (take the Harbor Tunnel and then to the BWI expressway)
Then nothing until FL!

Northbound, add $5 in MD but take off $3 on the DE Memorial Bridge. So $2 more.

We typically stop in Santee, SC for the night where rooms are typically a bit cheaper and there's a good Cracker Barrel there. Get up early get to DW by 2pm! :mickey: I've looked on hotels.com a bit further north and south and Santee seems to have better prices on rooms than Savannah or near Darlington.

The other tip I have is to go THROUGH Washington DC on the BWI and then Anacosta freeway and meet back up with 95 just south of DC. Not a lot of opportunity to stop if you need to so potty breaks are needed before you get to Baltimore.

Expect traffic leaving DC on 95 or approaching DC from the south. Not much you can do about it.

mitchsfan
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Where did you find the information about how much gas money you would need? I live in Philly and am debating about whether to drive or fly. :mickey:

tink03
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
AAA has a fuel cost estimator and the way I figure it will only cost right under $300.00 so having a family of 5 this saves me money:joy:
And we are gonna drive straight through overnight probably leave home at 8 pm and that should put us Disney around 1 pm:yay:

SteveL
10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
From Philly area, figure about 3.5 tanks of gas in a common car, like a Taurus or VW, with a 6 cylinder engine.
I start at I-476 and Rt 1 with a full tank.
Stop around Emporia VA or Weldon NC for fuel.
Next fuel stop in the last few miles of SC, maybe as far as Savannah.
Fill up for the last time someplace on I-4 and get to WDW with plenty of gas to spare.

Goofy Pluto
10-12-2007, 02:14 PM
AAA has a fuel cost estimator and the way I figure it will only cost right under $300.00 so having a family of 5

Where did you find this? I went on their website and could not find it...

CPT Trips
10-12-2007, 08:57 PM
We use the "greenway" (417?) in FL to go around Orlando and avoid I-4. Tolls there are somewhere in the $5-7 range and they are the only ones that don't accept EZPass. Have several quarters for the last exit on the Greenway as the booth is not manned (nor womenned for that matter.

I have found the these stops to have historically good prices - the Fredericksburg area and then hope to get to Florence SC, then on to southern GA (Exit3?) to top off the gas as it is much cheaper than FL (gas off 95 and 4 is pricey) . . . you can easily make WDW from there - on property gas at WDW was reasonable our last trip.