PDA

View Full Version : ATMs at POP/WDW

cydconn3
10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm wondering if the ATMs at POP (and throughout WDW) are still managed by Chase Bank. Trying to get my plans settled for our Oct. 19-26 trip :mickey: and would like to just use the ATM while I'm there. Thanks for any info.

GrumpyFan
10-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm not real sure, we usually only carry about $20 with us in the parks, and that's only for emergency. We use the Key to the World Card to pay for everything. In case you're not familiar, I grabbed the following from Disney's web site:

Key to the World Card – This all-in-one card is your magical passport to a hassle-free vacation and acts as your hotel room key and Theme Park ticket. But that's not all. Use the card to charge souvenirs throughout Walt Disney World® Resort directly to your room so there's no need to carry money while enjoying your dream vacation. Present your card to a select Disney Cast Member to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours benefit. And if you've purchased the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining, use the card during your vacation to pay for meals at over 100 select locations throughout Walt Disney World® Resort.

I believe I read somewhere that you can preset the amount of money to be allowed to spend on the card(s), so you won't go over. Also, you can specify no charging allowed on specific cards if you wish. You can have the charges sent to your bank daily (upon request) or they will automatically do it at check out.

GrumpyFan
10-12-2007, 09:06 AM
One other thing about the Key to the World. They have (default) preset limits based on resort class. Values - $500, Moderates - $1000, Deluxe - $1500. If you hit the limit, you can have the front desk charge/send it off to your bank and clear it out so can go charge more. It's really convenient, but also potentially dangerous. Also, they can provide you with a detailed listing of everything that was charged if you have concerns.

Von-Drake
10-12-2007, 12:52 PM
We used the Key to the World card on at last visit this past August and it was so convenient, we will probably use it again in the future.

Fangorn
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
To answer the original question; yes they are still Chase ATMs. At least they were as of 2 weeks ago.

Steve

cydconn3
10-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info! I've tried the Keys to the World. However, I like to pull out a set amount of cash and then when that is gone, we've hit our budget for the day. I'm glad I won't be paying ATM fees since I bank at Chase.

wedway76
10-12-2007, 09:09 PM
That's good to know. Our bank was bought out by Chase since our last trip. I know it's not a lot of money, but you get a little bit of satisfaction when you don't have to pay ATM fees.