PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Birthday Bash - part 6

dlpmikki
10-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Monday 8th October
Today we have a Princess Breakfast in Norway. We get to Epcot around opening and decide to do Test Track while there is virtually no line. We ended up with just 3 of us in our car so we swiped our photopass card and hopefully have the picture. :)

Then we went to (what is now) the Epcot Character Spot - which is far more popular since they moved things round so people can see the characters from outside. We were greeted like long lost friends by one CM who remembered us (well, one of us at least) coming when it was quieter. :D

There are fun backgrounds now and I am sure it is better that more people go to see the characters (Disney characters do like humans to make a fus of us). I had pictures with Mickey, Pluto (who let me sit on his head), Minnie, Chip and Dale and Goofy.:cloud9: Still, the quiet times were nice when we used to have Mickey wave us in when we looked in the window. The bus was great too because there were more characters. There was Pinocchio and Gepetto and they even had the cricket insect once.

We had a good time (I had lots of pictures taken and a special cuddle from Minnie) but needed to head to Norway. Just as we got there the heavens opened (we hit that 20% chance of rain). Unfortunately the line for check-in and to see Belle was not undercover. Mikki braved the line for Belle for about 10 minutes without it moving but decided to give up when she was getting completely soaked.:( It wouldn’t have been quite so bad if someone had been willing to think outside the box enough to ask people to move up to fill spaces Mikki could see that were undercover.

Inside we were shown to a table. Mikki was puzzled – she could not see any princesses anywhere. Surely Belle was not the only one?

Meanwhile, our server offered coffee and juices. Mikki and Andrew both took orange juice and coffee. Ok, they were not at their best by now but they didn’t like either. The juice was probably about normal for what Disney serves these days but nothing like the glories of Florida orange juice as used to be common and as we still get from Publix to have in our room. The coffee tasted like it had been brewed far too long. :ack:

Breakfast comprised a cold buffet and a hot plate the server brought. The hot plate included scrambled egg, sausages, potatoes and bacon that was so good Mikki asked for more (which arrived after the bill).

Eventually, Jasmine, Aurora and Mulan appeared and worked the room. Mikki was intrigued by their route round the room – that seemed to avoid our table. They finally arrived almost on top of one another right at the end. Mulan managed a little conversation with me but the others were more offhand. Mikki commented later that sometimes the characters at breakfasts treat you like don’t belong if you don’t have kids. We never did get to meet Belle.

Incidentally, if our server is reading and wondering why her gratuity was so small, it was not really the juice, the coffee or the bacon. It was because nobody could be bothered to think of simple things they could have done to avoid guests standing in the rain.

By the time we left, the rain had stopped and the day was sunny and dry. We walked round World Showcase to get some pictures for me and let Mikki check a few questions she had not checked already. We got back to Future World and I had pictures with Figment before we rode his ride.

After we left Epcot, we drove to the Marketplace and then to Crossroads. Mitzi’s Hallmark is one of the few shops that has been at Crossroads as long as we have visited. They always have interesting Disney things and today we saw some little statues of Mickey (based on the 75th birthday statues) and some little figures of Tinker Bell.

disneydrmr
10-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Well, this doesn't sound like one of your better days. Hope you managed to stay dry Figaro! Sorry that Mikki and Andrew got drenched. And sorry the princesses treated you and your humans like peasants. Just because there are no kids at your table doesn't mean you should be bypassed.. you paid just like everyone else and if you didn't want to meet them you would've gone to a breakfast without characters... geesh... and I thought princesses were suppossed to be nice? Anyway... I love reading your reports Figaro! Keep them coming! And please tell all the JQ'rs hello!

offwego
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Figaro, please tell your humans even with kids (or at least a 10 year old boy) a similiar experince can be had there..but at least ours was dry thank goodness.

However I'm glad the meet and greet part and test track were such a good time as that must have helped a little bit.

Thanks for sharing your day with us as always!

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 09:10 AM
well i guess it was good that it only rained for a little...sorry you and you humans werent treated all that great at breakfast..the rest of your day sounded pretty nice...:mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
It does not seem that this has been your best Disney trip! Hope things improve!

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
It seems that Belle picked up some beastly habits... I think that the princesses and the Akershus management could use a visit from that cricket insect, don't you?

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: