PDA

View Full Version : Where are the quiet rooms at CBR?

epceddie
10-12-2007, 01:56 AM
My new wife and I will be staying at the CBR the week of Oct. 21-28. We'll be on our honeymoon and I'd like to request a room in a quiet building away from a quiet pool and traffic noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help. These discussion boards are incredibly helpful.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
We stayed there 9-21 to 9-30 and we were in Aruba building #52. It was very quite. I think anything away from the main food court and pool you will be okay. The place is so huge we hardly ever saw anyone walking the little paths throughout the resort. Congratulations and have a great time!

CleveRocks
10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
If your priority is quiet, then make sure NOT to pay for a water view room (water view rooms are a separate category and cost more per night). If you have a view of the lake, then you'll also be near the main Promenade (paved path) ... where there are more people, there's the potential for more noise.

If you have a view of your village's so-called "quiet pool," it could in fact be quite noisy at times.

The "preferred location" rooms are the rooms closest to Old Port Royale, the hub with the food court, main pool, etc. Since there are no rooms right at OPR (the very closest rooms are still about a 1-minute walk away), rooms relatively near OPR are no noisier than rooms very far from there.

So I can't say that any one village will be noisier or quieter than any other village. But like I said, try to stay away from water view and you'll be fine.

Now if you want to get really nitpicky ...

Request a second floor room. The Moderate resorts have exterior corridors ... people walk by to get where they need to go. Mathematically speaking, only about 50% of the guests at CBR have any reason to walk by a second floor room, because only about 50% have rooms on the second floor. But 100% of the guests and staff have to walk by first floor rooms at least some of the time. If you theoretically reduce the number of people walking by your room, then you theoretically reduce the possibility of noise. Not to mention the fact that a first floor room could also be noisy due to noisy neighbors immediately above your head.

epceddie
10-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the help.

Tink1
10-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I am at CBR as I type. We are in South Trinidad building 37. Very nice, Very quiet. Courtyard outside of our room for added ambiance, quiet pool is about 200 steps around the corner. Perfect location if you want quiet. The walk to Old Port Royale is about 6 minutes at a leisurely pace.

I would request this area again!

Nanc

pixiesmimi
10-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I was going to say the same thing. I was told that Trinidad South was the quietest village but Aruba is also quiet. We stayed in building 54 in Aruba and even though we were by the quiet pool, it was a very quiet place. We were never bothered by anyone there, day or night. But I'm sure that the further away from OPR you get, the quieter it will be.

teamblackwell
10-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Hi,
We found that Trinidad North was very quiet.

Melanie
10-15-2007, 04:18 AM
I am at CBR as I type. We are in South Trinidad building 37. Very nice, Very quiet. Courtyard outside of our room for added ambiance, quiet pool is about 200 steps around the corner. Perfect location if you want quiet. The walk to Old Port Royale is about 6 minutes at a leisurely pace.

I would request this area again!

We stayed in that area as well Nanci, and we really enjoyed it and would gladly stay there again. Very quiet!

epceddie
10-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Thank you all so much for the help!!!

Momof2boys
10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Another vote for Trinidad South - it was like we were on an island. Not alot of foot traffic and beautiful surroundings.

Congrats on your marriage !

vicster
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
We stayed in Trinidad North Bldg. 33 last month and that also was very quiet and a short walk to OPR.