PDA

View Full Version : DME: Late Night Flights

Red Randal
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, any help you can give me ASAP would be appreciated.

We're leaving tomorrow for a 6pm flight (putting us in Orlando a little before 10.) Not exactly a red eye, but late enough that I don't think I want DME showing up at my room at 2am with my luggage. If I tell them at the front desk to just store my luggage until the morning, will they be able to do that?

I guess what my question boils down to is, does DME drop the luggage off at the resort and then bell services take care of it from there, or does DME do their own thing independent of the resort? I'm sure someone has some experience with this.

tundramom
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
According to bell services at SSR they will not deliver bags after 11PM. They suggest that you either: pick up your bags and take them on the bus with you or pack a carry on for overnight and call bell services in the AM for delivery.

PS: We leave in the AM tomorrow! B-I-L and S-I-L are coming in late tomorrow night so we had to find out.:D

Pirate Granny
10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
My daughter's luggage was delivered at the Contemporary at 2am...so if you DON'T want it make sure you tell them when you check in. We arrived at 9:30pm two weeks ago, and just didn't put the yellow tags on our luggage and actually the luggage beat us to the carousel and we took it to the Magic Express...that way my hubby had his golf clubs to golf early the next morning...and since it's so late...the bus left the terminal pretty quickly...although...and I haven't decided what to do about this but the people on the front of the bus asked the driver to stop at a BEER STORE and the driver agreed to go to the Gas Station on property, BEFORE he dropped anyone off...that ticked me off and once ten people went into the gas station, I mentioned to the driver that I was SURE that this type stop was NOT ALLOWED under disney policy...if they want beer, then they need to take a taxi from the hotel. Needless to say, a couple of us insisted that he back-track and let us going to the Pop get off first, rather than travel all the way to the All STars to drop off the beer drinkers first and then come back to the Pop...What do you think...should we notify disney of this transgression? It added 30 minutes to an already long day since it was 11:30pm when we hit the hotel...
:pirate:

Marilyn Michetti
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
WHAT?? That's outrageous ! I'm sure, (well, considering the time, maybe not sure), that these people could get a drink somewhere at the resort. At any rate, making a busload of people sit while someone goes for a beer run is REALLY inconsiderate. I didn't know the DME even made a grocery stop, much less a liquor store.

Anyway, as irritating as it must have been, I don't see much sense in complaining and maybe getting a low paid bus driver in trouble. He sounds like a nice guy, and you already mentioned it to him. BTW, what was his response?

It 's a lousy way to start a vacation, but I think I'd take the high road, (or is it the low road), on this. :mickey:

Red Randal
10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I haven't decided what to do about this but the people on the front of the bus asked the driver to stop at a BEER STORE and the driver agreed to go to the Gas Station on property, BEFORE he dropped anyone off...What do you think...should we notify Disney of this transgression? It added 30 minutes to an already long day since it was 11:30pm when we hit the hotel...
:pirate:

Well, you are certainly within your rights to notify Disney. Personally, I wouldn't. It seems like the driver's heart was in the right place as I'm sure they do things like this in the middle of the night when they're not supposed to if the bus is pretty empty. I definately disagree with him doing it when other people were on the bus who wanted nothing to do with the unscheduled stop. If the guys making the "beer run" were especially rude or rowdy or if they spent an hour in the store, then I'd surely be fuming. Maybe it's just because I'm young (and the type who would love a DME bus driver to take me for a beer run...hmm, maybe I'll ask tomorrow, j/k) but I wouldn't complain about it. I certainly wouldn't think less of you if you did, though.

PS: We leave in the AM tomorrow! B-I-L and S-I-L are coming in late tomorrow night so we had to find out.:D

Will you be stopping by any of the Intercot events? If you do, I'll look forward to meeting you!

MickeyandTink
10-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't think I would complain (Actually, I probably would be one of the people getting off to get some :beer: since the selections in the resort leave a lot to be desired). :blush:

However, a lot would depend on how many people wanted it vs. how many were inconvenienced. 10 people making a stop is a pretty good number. If there were 40 or 50 people on the bus and only one or two wanted the extra stop, that would be different. Or if those who stopped were being very rude or obnoxious. Otherwise, I'd chalk it up to the driver trying to make those people's trips as good as possible. Also, it sounds like he did drop you off at Pop before All-Star, instead of the normal route, so I would think you made up a little time there.

Just my :twocents: