PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack in Adventure Land

northwoods_disney
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
First time poster - A niece is going to WDW next week and heard something about some 'show' in Adventure Land with Captain Jack - put on daily 6 times. Does anyone know exactly what this is?
Thanks for your help.

Taja
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I think it's the Pirate Tutorial. It's for kids, but there may be a show connected with it. Haven't seen it yet.

It should be on the MK schedule.

KylesMom
10-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Captain Jack and his "pirate associate" come out daily to teach kids the fine art of becoming a pirate. This is held right outside the entrance to PotC. There is alot of child interaction, and DS even got a scroll of the pirate oath to take home with him. Don't worry, Jack gets involved with the adults, too! :mickey:

kbean
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
These two guys are great. I never seen the whole show, but the guy who plays Jack, looks and plays the role of him 100%. My GF feel in love with him.

northwoods_disney
10-11-2007, 05:50 PM
That's more info then I could find anywhere. In fact when my niece called down there, it took the girl a while to find out anything on it. That will help her a lot.

disneymom15
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
The show is great. I saw a part of it in May. Going again in 2 weeks and looking forward to seeing it again. The actor who plays Jack looks and acts just like him. You'd swear it was Johnny.

Imagineer1981
10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
The show is right outside Pirates. Jack Sparrow and his mate come out and teach kids about being a pirate. There are jokes for the adults and kids. Its about 20 minutes and its hilarious. Well worth the wait

nicole48040
10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, if he looks and acts just like him......I am taking him home for my souvenier!!!!! :cloud9:

jpH/keD
10-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I just watched this show online somewhere... Maybe youtube? Type in Pirate Tutorial and see what comes up... If I remember where I actually saw it I'll let you know... :pirate:

Patricia
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, if he looks and acts just like him......I am taking him home for my souvenier!!!!! :cloud9:

If you think he won't fit in your suitcase, at least be sure to have your picture taken with Jack! :yes:

We really enjoyed this, they do an excellent show. :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
What is this actor that you speak of?

Johnny Depp doesn't do any performances there and he is the only actor for Captain Jack. The one at the parks is the real deal.:magic::pixie:

BrerStitch
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Also, and I don't know if this is an 'every day' thing or not, but the DW and I really enjoyed the Capt. Jack meet and greet that is right over the bridge in Adventureland. It's right in the area of the Dole Whip stand, before the tree house. We saw a sign for it as we were heading out of Adventureland.

The 1-on-1 interaction was great, and the PhotoPass pictures were incredible!

Von-Drake
10-12-2007, 07:35 AM
The show is pretty good and takes place between the Jungle Cruise ride and the POTC. You should really enjoy the show.

Figment!
10-12-2007, 08:45 AM
... heard something about some 'show' in Adventure Land with Captain Jack - put on daily 6 times. Does anyone know exactly what this is?From Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/entertainment.asp)
Guests need to check the Time & Events guide for each park (the day of) to find the exact show times for that day. Below you will find information to help you make a general plan to catch these shows.

Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
Description: Jack Sparrow shows young mateys the ropes of being a swashbuckling pirate.
Duration: 20 Minutes
Click for Photos (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../themeparks/magickingdom/adventureland/piratetutorial/default.asp)
Typical Number of Showings: Six Times Daily
Typical Showing Time Periods: Six showing between 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Also, and I don't know if this is an 'every day' thing or not, but the DW and I really enjoyed the Capt. Jack meet and greet that is right over the bridge in Adventureland.This was a limited time test offering, which has ended .

kbean
10-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't think it ended. I was there wed. and they had the show going and pulled kids from the audience. Unless this was a different show?

Figment!
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't think it ended. I was there wed. and they had the show going and pulled kids from the audience. Unless this was a different show?The "ended" comment was in response to the meet & greet ...

martinfamily5
10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh, I hope that is not gone. DD14 and I are counting on seeing Captain Jack Sparrow. Love him. The pictures do look like him.

llamaface
10-12-2007, 11:17 AM
From Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/entertainment.asp) This was a limited time test offering, which has ended .

We were just in DW last week and saw the sign for the meet and greet (I think it was on Sat, the 29th), walked in, but the line was incredibly long so we stupidly thought - "we'll come back tomorrow". Boy, did we regret that decision the next couple of days when we walked past the area looking for it. We were sooooo disappointed that we missed out!! I hope they bring it back eventually because from the little bit that we saw of the area, it looked incredible.

FatherForce
10-12-2007, 12:03 PM
The "Pirate Training" Show is great.
My DD got picked as one of the kids to be in the show and she still talks about it!

The Jack Sparrow actor was very good at the role too.
So much so, in fact, that many of ther women in the audience audibly gasped when he enterd and spoke...:D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-13-2007, 12:51 AM
I still don't get this Jack Sparrow actor everyone is talking about. I mean, it's really Captain Jack Sparrow, if you will. The only 'actor' Jack Sparrow is Johnny Depp.

Sheesh, guess there is no magic among the crowd.:rolleyes:

SimbaandNalasMama
10-13-2007, 09:55 AM
We were just in DW last week and saw the sign for the meet and greet (I think it was on Sat, the 29th), walked in, but the line was incredibly long so we stupidly thought - "we'll come back tomorrow". Boy, did we regret that decision the next couple of days when we walked past the area looking for it. We were sooooo disappointed that we missed out!! I hope they bring it back eventually because from the little bit that we saw of the area, it looked incredible.

I was very fortunate to meet Capt Jack that day. I didnt care about the line. The purpose of that morning was all about meeting him. It was outstanding!! I hope the test data they gathered for this meet and greet is positive and they bring him out on a regular basis. I enjoy the Pirate Tutorial, but its just not the same as a meet and greet. I am sorry you missed this! If you wanna see my pics, glad to send you a link! :pirate:

pixiesmimi
10-18-2007, 11:52 PM
"Guests need to check the Time & Events guide for each park (the day of) to find the exact show times for that day. Below you will find information to help you make a general plan to catch these shows.

Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
Description: Jack Sparrow shows young mateys the ropes of being a swashbuckling pirate.
Duration: 20 Minutes
Click for Photos
Typical Number of Showings: Six Times Daily
Typical Showing Time Periods: Six showing between 10:00 am – 4:30 pm"

The Jack Sparrow that we saw in this show in August looked more like Johnny Depp than even this guy does. It was amazing! I literally ran into him and I just stood with my mouth open.:jaw: I couldn't believe my eyes! It was a good show. Well, worth standing out in the heat for. I hope they do start having meet and greets with him.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I think eventually Disney will have a permanent Jack Sparrow and Barbossa meet and greet. The movie is to popular not too?! :mickey: