PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Birthday bash - part 5 2nd attempt

dlpmikki
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Saturday 6th October
The humans drive up International Drive to see what has happened at the Prime (formerly Belz) outlets and in particular to check out the Rockport shoe outlet. This has been a source of their shoes for many years now. The new mall is open now although building work continues on a second phase. The Disney Character Warehouse is there: the new store is next to the food court. It opened six weeks ago and even some of the staff admit they are not sure where everything is. I can't get into too much trouble if I admit that Mikki did buy a pin or two or three here....;)

Andrew and Mikki eat lunch at the food court. It’s a pretty standard food court but they remember that’s a big step forward on the old Belz.

The Rockport and Reebok store is temporarily located in the Designer Outlet Mall and Mikki and Andrew each find a pair of shoes they want. :)

In the evening, we are watching Fantasmic with Tour Guide Mike and users of his boards. We have a special viewing area and assemble in the courtyard of Rock and Roller Coaster. One guy looks slightly familiar and is introduced as Tour Guide Mike himself – it was the photo from the website that he had looked like! :blush: I have my picture with him.

It seems the location for getting guests together has changed since he last did this so when what we thought was the due time had passed he went and checked the other location. We were in the right place but there had been confusion over the timing. When we were taken backstage to our patio it was a nice location to watch Fantasmic from and the seats were a lot more comfortable. Eating fruit and little cakes is also a super way to pass the half hour before the show. Just as well I got into my carriage though: the breeze was enough to carry spray back as far as us.

Sunday 7th October
After the long evening at Fantasmic the humans had a quiet start today before heading in to Epcot at lunchtime. They went to explore the new Festival Centre in Wonders of Life (pity the rides could not have been open too!:(). Then it was time for the new Mexico ride. This adds the Three Caballeros to the old backgrounds and was quite good. The action was quite fast so Andrew could not follow it – but then he couldn’t see much of the old pictures anyway. It is worth another visit on another day.:) We also checked out the restaurant menu and thought it was worth another visit too.

Mikki then wanted to check some answers on World Showcase for the Intercot trivia quiz (no I am not going to tell you what or where – more than my fur is worth!:secret:). They then met up with a group of the TGM people for dinner at Le Cellier. Andrew was the rose amongst the thorns (who’s writing this for me?:confused:).

After dinner Mikki gave some of them a lift to Downtown Disney before she and Andrew headed home.

offwego
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Another great report as always...sounds like lots of get togethers for you this trip!:mickey:

disneydrmr
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Another great report Figaro! You are such a talented writer! Glad you and your humans are having such a good time, lots of shopping and meets! Smart move on having your carriage at Fantasmic - can't have you getting wet! Keep these reports coming! And hey, try to be nice to Alex when you meet him! :D;)

DizNee143
10-15-2007, 04:36 PM
another great 2 days...the outlets sound great..im soo gonna try to get there myself...i just gotta find out the way there!! loving the reports so far!!..:mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
sounds like another great couple of days. Thanks for sharing.

faline
10-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Fun days!

disneydeb
10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Thank you for sharing with us!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear that you all were enjoying yourselves and keeping busy (and what would we have done if the items on the trivia challenges had changed? :confused: )

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: