PDA

View Full Version : Young's Castle Storming Vacation Day 4!

TBY2225
10-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Trip report “Young’s Castle Storming Vacation Year 2!” Day 4

Dates: September 22nd through 30th 2007 stayed at Pop Century with Free Dining!

We booked with Nanci at Magical Journeys :mickey: and had 6 day base tickets plus one day planned off-site at Kennedy Space Center.

Cast:
Me: 33 long time Disney fan 4th trip to WDW one trip to DL
DH: 33 recent Disney fan 4th trip to WDW
DD: 5 Aurora and Ariel fan 2nd trip to WDW
DS: 22 mo Cars and Pooh fan 1st trip to WDW

DS actually slept till 7:30! :cloud9: This is really late for him! We got up and ate breakfast and headed to Epcot. We got there at 9:15 and first thing we went and got fast passes for Test Track and then went to Innoventions East to do the Fantastic Plastics. We all made our robots to take home and then we checked out the House of the Future. We then left and went to the Imagination pavilion to ride Figment and to check out the image works area. DD and DS got scared on the ride in the part where the lights go out. Image works wasn’t that great either. Kids enjoyed running on the carpet that changed colors and made sounds, but the rest was kind of boring. We left there and went to see if Figment was in his door, but he wasn’t there so we left and headed back to use our Test Track fast passes. Once again DS loved playing with the cars. Test Track is a family favorite of ours so we were glad to get to do it twice this trip! Then we headed to WS! We started in Canada and looked at the beautiful gardens. In the UK we went in some of the shops and tried to find some characters, but none where there. We were getting hungry since it was about 12:30, so we passed France and went to Morocco and had lunch at Tangierine Café. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117422) after lunch we saw Aladdin and Jasmine so DD and DS went to say hello. We went back to France and went in some of the shops and DH took some pictures of the Eiffel Tower. We saw Belle and the Beast from a distance, but the line was very long and DD didn’t want to wait. She did stop at the funcot station in France and made a mask. She wasn’t interested in getting stamps she just wanted to make something fun! DS saw the mask and he wanted one. I didn’t want him making a mess with markers so we left his blank to do when we got home. We shopped in the emporium in Japan, our favorite WS store. Last year DD got a pearl and she loved watching the others open theirs as well. We didn’t buy anything this year, but we had fun looking at all the different things. At the American Adventure they had the marching band out and we watched them for a while and took a little break. It was getting really hot and the kids were tired, thank goodness for strollers! We walked passed Italy, China, and Germany without stopping and went straight to the Maelstrom ride in Norway. DS fell asleep while we waited in line and slept all the way through the ride! DH couldn’t believe how many people were waiting for this ride. We skipped the show after the ride and went on toward Mexico. We stopped at the margarita stand :marg: and DH and I got a couple of drinks. They were really good. I am so glad you could actually taste the tequila. :blush: Usually frozen ones don’t have much taste! We went into the Mexico pavilion and DD played around with the hats and maracas while DS slept and we finished our drinks. Then we rode El Rio which stopped right near the end for about 5 minutes. By this time it was around 3:30 and we were all exhausted. I didn’t know if I was going to make it back to the bus stop, but we finally got back to the hotel around 4 and took about a 2 hour nap! We got up and got ready for our dinner at Rose & Crown. We took the bus back to Epcot and went to R&C. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117639). After dinner we walked out to the buses – along with the rest of the park! The line for the Pop Century was by far the longest. It was backed up all the way past the other bus stops in the area. They really did have a lot of buses running because it only took about 30 minutes for us to get on a bus. We were back at the Pop a little after 10:00. On the way back to the room the stroller DD was riding in broke, so we knew we would have to find her a new one in the morning! Next up MGM and 50’s Prime Time Café!

AbeeNormal
10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Another great day...so jealous:thumbsup:

Hopefully you all get to sleep in again, especially after the Margaritas;)

Bethis26fan
10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
another great Epcot day!! yet again you got alot done!! uh oh..hope you find another stroller...:mickey:

McGoofy
10-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I hear ya on the margaritas! I have never had a frozen one as good as the ones outside of Epcot's Mexico! Sounds like you guys had another fun day!:mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Except for the scary part on Figment, you had another great day!