PDA

View Full Version : Young's Castle Storming Vacation Day 2!

TBY2225
10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Trip report “Young’s Castle Storming Vacation Year 2!” Day 2

Dates: September 22nd through 30th 2007 stayed at Pop Century with Free Dining!

We booked with Nanci at Magical Journeys :mickey: and had 6 day base tickets plus one day planned off-site at Kennedy Space Center.

Cast:
Me: 33 long time Disney fan 4th trip to WDW one trip to DL
DH: 33 recent Disney fan 4th trip to WDW
DD: 5 Aurora and Ariel fan 2nd trip to WDW
DS: 22 mo Cars and Pooh fan 1st trip to WDW

We had set the wake up call for 7am, but DS decided to wait us all up at 5:45am. Both my kids are usually early risers so I wasn’t too surprised. I would have liked a little more time to sleep though! We got up and ready and went to the Pop food court for breakfast. We got on a bus and got to Epcot at 8:45am. Right away I noticed that crowds looked much heavier than last year at the same time. The park seemed really crowded, but the wait times were only 10-20 minutes. They let us in about 8:55 and we were able to go into the park. We headed toward the Land to ride Soarin, and were stopped by a rope at Innoventions. CM’s from Soarin were there and kept us entertained while Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and I think Goofy, walked around inside opening the park. When the rope dropped we headed to the Land. I got kind of angry :mad:with all the pushing and shoving and the CM’s were screaming for people to stay behind them. DD and I got in line and were on the first ride of the day, we used child swap and DH stayed with DS. We were seated on the front row for the first time and I really enjoyed not having to see everyone else’s feet! We came out and DH and DD went to have a ride while I stayed with DS. After their ride we went on the Living with the Land ride. DH and I enjoyed it, even DD and DS liked seeing the Mickey fruits and veggies, as well as the fish. We left the land and went to get fast passes for Test Track. The standby line was only 15 minutes so DD and DH went to ride. I took DS and got fast passes for Mission Space and then we waited in the TT pavilion with the GM cars and trucks. DS had a blast climbing in the cars and playing around. DD and I then took a ride on TT. I love child swap, it works just like fast pass and you can even use the 2 together! By this time our window for M:S was open so we went and DD and I rode the Orange side. She wanted to and we both enjoyed it, but she didn’t want to go back with DH so he rode by himself while we sent video postcards home and played in the M:S play area. I really liked that TT and M:S had places to occupy DS while we rode the rides. It helped pass the time and kept him happy! Then we decided to have an early lunch to avoid the crowds. We went to Electric Umbrella. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117420). Then we went to the Seas pavilion and rode the Nemo ride. It was really cute, but we did get stuck a few times for just a minute or so. We looked around at the fish and DD really liked seeing the fish from Nemo, especially the jelly fish. The kids played in the play area for a while and then we got in line to see Turtle Talk. DD had really enjoyed it last year and it was great again! It still amazes me how the whole thing works! We left the Seas and went by Innoventions West. We weren’t too impressed so we only stayed about 10 minutes. DH wanted to try the Beverly :sick: he had heard so much about so we stopped by Club Cool on the way out. We really enjoyed the ginger ale and DD liked the watermelon drink. DH thought the Beverly was not as bad as everyone has made it out to be. He said he wouldn’t want to drink it all the time, but it was the experience he was after anyway. By now it was close to 3pm and the kids and mom and dad needed naps so we left the park and went back to the Pop. DS and I took a nap and DD and DH went for a quick swim and then took a nap as well. We got up about 5 and got ready for our dinner at Le Cellier. :eat:We got back to the park right at 6 and it started to sprinkle as we walked to Canada. Le Cellier was great (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117629). After dinner it was around 7:15 and it was still sprinkling; so we checked out Mouse Gears and then we decided to go on back to the hotel. We got back and we let the kids run in the Goofy fountain for a while. They had a ball, we were already wet from the rain, and they needed to blow off some steam anyway! They fell into bed around 9pm and slept like logs all night!
Tomorrow MK and Kona Café at the Poly!

AbeeNormal
10-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Sounds like another great day in the magic. :cloud9:Hopefully you got to sleep in, just this once.:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds like another great day.

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 10:55 AM
sounds like a great day at epcot..you guys really seemed to get a good amount in today!! :mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
What a fun day for your family! I'd be tired, too, after such a busy day!