PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet

kbean
10-11-2007, 12:07 AM
I was at the MK today with my GF and her two daughters. They wanted a pic with Minnie but the day was getting late and the line was just LONG. Well over an hour. It made me realize that when I was a kid, the characters walked around the park, and I did not see this today. Every character it seemed was to wait in line. Did I miss something or is it just me?

Amy_Callaghan
10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
I was at the MK today with my GF and her two daughters. They wanted a pic with Minnie but the day was getting late and the line was just LONG. Well over an hour. It made me realize that when I was a kid, the characters walked around the park, and I did not see this today. Every character it seemed was to wait in line. Did I miss something or is it just me?

Yes, characters are so popular these days, gone are the days when characters use to casually walk up to you for a simple photo opportunity and autograph. I guess more and more people are looking forward to meeting their favorite characters, hence the lines.
Hope the girls get to meet Minnie, I know how disappointing it can be when a child misses out on meeting their favorite character...

Kairi_7378
10-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I think that it is good for the characters that the meet and greets are so organized (although I miss the surprise meet, myself.) I like that the characters are mostly kept in the shade or indoors so that the CM can stay as cool as possible. I think that the lines make it easier for the handlers to keep an eye on the characters and make sure that they don't get swamped.

kbean
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I was thinking they stopped walking around so that Disney couldn't be put into any laws suits over something stupid like a charater lossing their balance with kids around them and falling on one.

joanna71985
10-11-2007, 08:21 PM
The reason they stopped doing that is because it was too dangerous for the characters. This way is much safer for everyone.

(if you want an example, just look at what happened out in DL with Pluto).

IloveDisney71
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I love the fact that the character greets are organized and that someone is always there to make sure there is a line. I can't tell you how many pictures I have of myself as a kid, posed with a character, where some stranger just walked up as my mom was snapping the picture. We have lots of pictures with people in them that we don't know. :thumbsup::mickey: I know that sometimes the lines can get long, but the lines always seem to move pretty steadily.

Greenlawler
10-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Last time we went to DL there were no lines and it was chaos. No one knew the word line in California.