PDA

View Full Version : 09/22/2007 waterparks and shoes

offwego
10-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Cast for this day is DH, DS & Me and Mom and stepdad will make a brief apperance

Plans for today include a waterpark and dinner at Ohana's

We set off for the waterpark (by the way I really missed the emh for these) and were there for opening, got a locker got changed and snagged a spot near Crush and Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon.

Did 6 rounds of the various slides at crush and gusher (our fave) a spin on the lazy river, the family raft, mayday falls and then the wave pool before a yummy lunch at the leaning palms.

They let you come back and get your mickey bar for this which was great!

the afternoon included humunga, the storm slides, the shark reef and a lazy river before we headed back. My mom and step dad arrived they were in the next mansions over (but got lost) instead of using valet they used us for the luggage..oof! Mind you one of the packages was surprises for us so it was fine!

We really had a great time at Ohana's (a little wait past our adr but only about 15 minutes or so), food and service were very good. I did find the entertainment part not as good as we were on the far side of the fire pit and most of it was in the main part. And they have stopped piping in the music for wishes which was a shame as we hadn't planned a lot of viewings for it as I thought I would sneak one in here.

Overall a great day with good weather (not always the case).

Shoes were flip flops in green and blue (to match the swim suit of course) and a pair of brown wedges with blue crystals.

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Sounds like a great day?? Do we wear a different pair of shoes each day? I would need extra suitcases for that:blush:! I love my Crocs.

pogo
10-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds like fun Natalie....... I can see you now in your flip flops to match. But don't you always wear shoes that match ?

One time I wore one brown sandal and one black and nobody said a word until the end of the day. :funny:

Another great day and I can't wait to read more. :D

offwego
10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a great day?? Do we wear a different pair of shoes each day? I would need extra suitcases for that:blush:! I love my Crocs.
Well we do bring an extra suitcase mostly for my shoes (but it's an oversize duffel)

Sounds like fun Natalie....... I can see you now in your flip flops to match. But don't you always wear shoes that match ?

One time I wore one brown sandal and one black and nobody said a word until the end of the day. :funny:

Another great day and I can't wait to read more. :D
Not always to match..sometimes it's for contrast or a "pop" of colour. The flip flops even had the same leaf pattern in them..truly odd (in a good way)

disneydrmr
10-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Sounds like a fun day! So, what was the surprise package for you guys?

offwego
10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a fun day! So, what was the surprise package for you guys?

My mom had ordered a bunch of stuff from disney to be shipped to the resort from the web site. The guys all got Pirates shirts, I got a tink short/tank top set and shoes (yes I said shoes the description will just have to wait).

Mom and Step dad also got some other shirts and some things for my nephews at home as well. (I think they also got a pair of pants and some shorts but I can't recall)

Mickey'sGirl
10-15-2007, 08:55 AM
We've never been to Blizzard Beach -- maybe next year when Euan is that much older. Sounds like a great day! We loved our dinner at 'Ohana as well -- but felt that the entertainment was not what it has been in the past.....but you should have seen Jym and Harry do the Coconut race! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
10-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks Nat! :thumbsup:

Harry has been bugging us to go there. We'll have to make a trip next time.

Beach Club Babe
10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Sounds like you had a fun day and a delicious dinner!

Dsnygirl
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
:mickey: Sounds like a fun day, Nat... I missed not doing the Water Parks our last two trips. :( How was the Shark Reef? That wasn't there when we were there... sounds cool! :cool: And of course, your shoe choices sound great... ;)

Caroleh
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a great time!!! I want to get to the water parks some day, but not in Dec!!!

You're shoes sound great!!!

Let me guess, you had a matching set at home, just opposite feet!!

Bethis26fan
10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
sounds like a great day

faline
10-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Water park days are so fun! Glad you had a good one!

ElenitaB
10-20-2007, 08:52 PM
What a nice relaxing day to start off your trip.

The flip flops even had the same leaf pattern in them..truly odd (in a good way)
I knew we could count on you for shoe elegance! (The suit and the flip flops didn't happen to come from Land's End, did they?)

One of these trips we'll have to make it back to 'Ohana for dinner. Both you and Jenn seem to have enjoyed it this year.

pdrlkr
10-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: