PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip VS Dole Whip Float

crazeedizneefinatic
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Okay, I am a self professed Dole Whip addict. I have always just bought the plain old Dole Whip not the floats. This year I ventured out of the norm and purchased a float. Now, I don't know if the juice is supposed to be warm or cold but mine was room temperature. It ruined the whole experience. Is the pineapple juice they use for the float supposed to be warm or chilled? Maybe I got the 1st batch and it had not chilled yet. Anyway what do you prefer just plain old Dole Whip in a cup or the float?

mouseketeer mom
10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Oh yeah. Gimme the float. To me, the whip is just good ice cream in a cup. But the float! The float! Its a little bit of pineapple heaven. Like going to Hawaii in a cup. ;) Okay, a little over the top maybe, but the five of us agree, the float is the way to go.

May524
10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
MMM Float for me! I LOVE the floats! I really like the pineapple juice. :cloud9:

ariel03
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
You can't have it without the juice. I'm a total float lover. I first had it without the juice and thought what was all the excitment about. Then later I had it as a float and wow is that some good stuff. I knew then why everyone raves about it. I love to mix the juice and soft serve together like a slush and enjoy it. :cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I love either, but will always go for the super pineapple taste with the float...yummy!

Mousefever
10-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Okay, I am a self professed Dole Whip addict. I have always just bought the plain old Dole Whip not the floats. This year I ventured out of the norm and purchased a float. Now, I don't know if the juice is supposed to be warm or cold but mine was room temperature. It ruined the whole experience. Is the pineapple juice they use for the float supposed to be warm or chilled? Maybe I got the 1st batch and it had not chilled yet. Anyway what do you prefer just plain old Dole Whip in a cup or the float?

The one I had was cold and delicious! I love the float. In fact, I'd probably take just the pineapple juice over a bowl of the icecream.

:dory:

crazypoohbear
10-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I love the float especially on really HOT August days!
The juice shold be cold though, try it again and make sure the juice is cold.

GrmGrninGost
10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Dole Whip is great! Dole Whip float? EVEN BETTER! :mickey:

Sinewiz
10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Wow! I've always just gotten the cup. Sounds like I don't know what I'm missing. Will have to try the float next time.

kakn7294
10-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh yeah, the float all the way - but make sure that juice is cold!

Jared
10-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Definitely the float! Pineapple juice is delicious.

:tasty:

beksy
10-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I love the Dole Whip by itself...but adding the juice just makes it out of this world! :thumbsup: Since we're staying at the Poly on our next trip my plan is to get the regular whip there and then get the float in the MK and then repeat the process as often as possible! :cloud9:

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Ok, so I think I need to try the float. I love pineapple but didn't see what all the fuss was about for the plain whip.

Goofy Dad 13
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Float me baby!!!!

The dole whip is very good, but given the choice we allways go for the float.

SBETigg
10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not a fan of the float. I really prefer the Dole Whip in a cup, no juice.

jrpersinger
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Float, hands down! YUM!

Crow
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
i got a float this time as i was also thirsty. i agree that the juice wasnt cold though. think it would b better that way

IloveDisney71
10-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I guess I'm in the minority. I have tried both and prefer Just the Dole Whip, not the float. They were both WONDERFUL, but I guess the pineapple juice was a bit much for me. I say you can't go wrong no matter which one you choose! I was soooooo...excited to discover that they are now available at the Poly. where I'll be staying in Dec. I may have to get one a day! :cloud9::papple:

PetefromRI
10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
The floats the way to go but last month I had one and the juice wasn't cold.It takes away from the whole float experience.Next time I'll have the Whip while the juice is chillin'!!!

tinksmom02
10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Had my first float just a couple weeks ago! Delicious! DH even thought it was good, and it's difficult to get a positive reaction from him regarding anything Disney LOL

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-12-2007, 10:28 PM
The juice was just room temp in Aug/Sept when we were there. If you wait a minute, the juice gets nice and cold.
I had always thought I liked just a Dole Whip but the float was fantastic!

HulaMinnie
10-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I love Dole Whips! Straight up, no juice. It makes it too sweet for my liking. I like pineapple juice in a lapu lapu or mai tai, though! ;)

DisneyFreak23
10-14-2007, 03:42 PM
When i first had a dole whip, i went straight for the float! Oh yeah, pinneapple heaven!!!! I agree with the whole Hawaii in a cup thing! :papple: :cloud9:

BelleLovesTheBeast
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I love the float!

septembergirl
10-16-2007, 10:11 PM

I felt the same way about the room temp juice. It could be so much better if they just kept it chilled. On my second trip to Aloha:blush:, I stuck with plain ole pineapple in a cup.