PDA

View Full Version : Adults Only Halloween Party Ideas

ldn324
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
We will be hosting an all-adult Halloween Party on October 28. Our town holds its annual Halloween Parade that day and our house is right in the parade route, so lots of entertainment will be attributed to the parade itself.

After the parade though, we are planning for the party to go into the early evening. I'm trying to come up with some good ideas for entertainment that will not be too cheesy. I will be playing music in the background that is all Halloween-themed and, of course, we will have lots of neat snacks.

I'm hoping to incorporate some interesting games into the party. The youngest person attending will be late 20s and the oldest in their 60s. Everyone is pretty lively and fun, many (including DH and I) very unique and non-traditional, so it needs to have some edginess to it.

I've found a couple of game ideas online and they seem OK, but nothing really just blows me away. Anyone have ideas for an adult Halloween party - what to do, games to play, etc.? :blackcat::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin::frank:

drummerboy
10-10-2007, 04:41 PM
MODERATOR NOTE:

In responding, please remember that although it is an adult party, we are a family site, so use PM for anything that might be too edgy.

AmberB
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
We have a trash can punch contest at our halloween party. All the attendees vote for their favorite.

You can always have a costume contest too. We give an award for best and worst costumes.

crazypoohbear
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
You could play pass the apple/orange/ball.
You line up in two lines
male then female etc.
You pass the object down the line without using your hands. i.e. from under your chin to under the next persons chin etc.

another great game is the name game.
I start by saying Bella Lagosi.
Then the next person has to name someone who's name starts with an "I" like
Igor.
THen the next person has to name someone who starts with an "R"
It can be a real person, living or dead, a literary character etc.

ldn324
10-11-2007, 02:24 PM
MODERATOR NOTE:

In responding, please remember that although it is an adult party, we are a family site, so use PM for anything that might be too edgy.

I should clarify - I didn't mean to be asking for anything risque or "adult" in that sense. I was just thinking something a little more mature than like a pin the tale on the donkey game or something like that. Something a little more intellectual - I guess that's actually more the word I was looking for ;). Sorry for any confusion.

And thanks for the tips so far. I had thought of a costume contest but not everyone will be coming in cosume. We made it optional because we have some friends that we know won't dress in costume. I'd hate for them to feel left out.

WDWFanatic
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
At our last couple of halloween parties we had a "fear factor bucket"

We took a 5 gallon bucket, cooked a couple pounds of linguine al dente. toss with a some kind of cooking oil, then add all kinds of little gross plastic items. We went to our local party store and got bus, small rats, eyes, worms, etc.

Cover the top of the bucket so you can only fit your hand through, then tried to pull out as many things (that aren't "mummy intestines" (linguine) in 20 seconds.

We did this with kids, but the adults wanted to join in also. If your group is really fun you could do small separate containers and have them use their mouths.

Another fun game is "mummy wrap" with either crepe paper or toilet paper.

Or: Candy corn toss: One person attaches a plastic pumpkin around their waist and the other person has to try to toss the candy corn in from across the way. The hip action can be great.

Another: classic guess what is it. do a goggle search on Halloween games, put a bunch of things in different buckets (witches eyes - peeled grapes, witches nose - small carrot, ear-apricot, hair spaghetti, teeth - popcorn seeds, mole-raisin) They have stories you can read to go with it.

glow sticks are also fun.

Most of our games are for kids, but you could adapt for adults.

Hope you have a great party!