PDA

View Full Version : McGoofy's Family & Friends Halloween Treat Week Pre-Trip Report

McGoofy
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
McGoofy’s Family & Friends Halloween Treat Week—Pre trip report!

Let me preface this report with this: in all of the time that I have been a member at Intercot, this is my very first trip report that I have written. I am so excited about this upcoming trip that I had to write something about it!

Cast of characters: (And boy are there some character’s in this group!) McGoofy, 36; DH, turning 36 two days before we leave home; DS 9; Friend #1, 33; Friend #2, 32; Friend #3, 28; Friend #4, 26; Friend #5, 26; Friend #6, 25; Friend #7, 25; Friend # 8, 25; Friend #9, 24; Friend #10, 23.

So, yes there are 12 adults and only one child. I keep telling people that Disney World is not just for kids!!! We have a very unusual age range among our group of friends. The factor that brought us all together is the fact that we are all either musicians/vocalist involved with the worship teams at our church. Also, four of us are co-workers at the same hospital.
We started planning this trip in December 2006. I can’t believe it is just a couple of weeks away now!!

Dates: October 28-November 4, 2007
We will be staying in a rental house with 6 bedrooms. I will miss the magic of staying on property, but this is what the majority of our group wanted to do. It will also give us a great place to hang out as a group. This house is absolutely gorgeous (at least that’s what the pictures on the internet seem like!) We will definitely get some usage out of the screened in private swimming pool and hot tub!

SUNDAY: My family of 3 and one other couple is heading down to Orlando a couple of days earlier than the rest of the group. We will be making a 6 ½ hour drive from SC. (May take slightly longer if—well, WHEN we stop at the Disney outlet in St. Augustine, FL. We will arrive at the rental house that afternoon and are allowed to check in at 4pm. We plan to buy groceries and just hang out that evening.

MONDAY: The 5 of us that are already in Orlando will head over to Epcot. My friends wanted an extra day at the Food and Wine Festival.:chef::wine: My friends do not have park hopper tickets, so we will be at Epcot all day. My family has annual passes, so that morning my DH and DS are heading to Magic Kingdom to get a haircut at Harmony Barber Shop. My son is starting to look really shaggy right now, but he has been begging me to please let him wait to get his haircut at Disney! When DH and DS are done at MK, they will meet us at Epcot via the monorail. We plan to make an entire day/evening out of it.

TUESDAY: Our friends that are arriving early with us have never been to MGM Studios, so they wanted some extra time there as well. We will spend an extra day there before the others arrive. We have a late lunch reservation for Prime Time 50’s Café while we are there. I am most excited about watching my friends see Fantasmic for the first time. MGM closes at 7:30pm that evening. That is about the time the rest of our friends will start driving in to Orlando from SC. One couple is leaving early that morning, but the others cannot leave until they get off of work, so they may be arriving to the house as late as midnight Tuesday night.

WEDNESDAY: HALLOWEEN!!!! :mpumpkin:All 13 of us should be at the house. The plan is to sleep in on this day. Then after lunch, we will start getting ready for the MNSSHP!!! It will take some time to get into all of our costumes and make-up as some of our outfits and make up are pretty elaborate. We have a Vampire, Vampiress, Gravedigger, Marie Antoinette, The Count of Monte Cristo, Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Batgirl, Wolverine, Elvira, Marc Antony, and Athena the Greek Goddess. We are so pumped about this party!! We are going to leave the house around 3pm and head to the Tambu Lounge. :papple:(lapu lapus and chicken wings!!) I learned on Intercot that we can get into MNSSHP after 4pm, so when we are done at the Tambu Lounge, we will head over to the MNSSHP. We will stay there until it is over at midnight.

THURSDAY: This is Epcot day for us. We will spend the day there. That evening we plan to walk around the World Showcase together trying out the various Food and Wine Festival booths.:eat::cheers: We will stay until the end of the evening and enjoy Illuminations together.

FRIDAY: Our day at MGM Studios. We realize we all won’t want to do everything together as a group of 13, but the one thing that we are planning to do with all 13 of us together is ride Tower of Tower. It is the only ride out of all of the parks where all 13 of us can be in the same ride photo together. Should I be concerned that our group number is 13???:jaw: We will stay until the end of the evening and watch Fantasmic together.

SATURDAY: This is our last day in the parks. We chose Animal Kingdom for our last day because it closes at 5:00pm. That will give us the evening at our house. That evening we are going to do a big backyard BBQ and then clean and pack to go home.

SUNDAY: All good things must end. We will load up our cars and check out of our rental house. However, we have one last piece of Disney magic waiting on us. We have a reservation for a 9am breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café. After that, we will hit the road and return home. I will then start planning my next trip which is looking like it might be near Christmas with my DH, DS, and my mom! YEA!!!:santa3:

17 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!

disneydrmr
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like an absolutley wonderful time! Your plans sound great! Have a safe trip!

DizNee143
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
sounds like it will be a great time..i hope you all have fun!! im sure you guys will with all your friends there!! cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back..:mickey:

TBY2225
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Your pre-trip report is great! I can't believe you have never done one before! I really enjoyed reading it. I only wish I could be there too! I know you will have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Fairy Grandmother
10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
You did a great job writing your first trip report. Your trip sounds like it is going to be so much fun. I am sure you have all had fun planning and getting those great costumes ready. We would love to see some pictures of all of you dressed up on Halloween night when you get back. :pumpkin:

Have a great trip!:mickey:

youngOx96
10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
GREAT pre-trip report! I wish we could join you all down there. Wouldn't that be great, you could take some "weird internet friends" with you! :mickey::pirate::trooper:

I know you and your clan will have a great time. Just be sure to save some Lapu Lapu for us when we go back!:)

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 10:37 PM
This sounds like a wonderful trip with my lucky number 13!! I hope you all have a great time. Can't wait to read all about it when you return.

Momof2boys
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow, what a great time you guys are going to have. It should be fun going with that many friends. Have a safe drive !

faline
10-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Tara, have a wonderful time! It's great that you'll get to share Disney World with so many of your friends!