PDA

View Full Version : Campire Sing-a-Long open to guests staying in Downtown Disney area??

Pinoke68
10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

We were planning on doing the campfire sing-a-long on the 27th of this month.

Two questions:

1. We are staying at the Wyndham Palace in the Downtown Disney area. Since this is a non-Disney operated resort (but it's technically in WDW), can we still go?

2. We have ADRs for Artist Point at WL earlier that evening. Can we take the boat from WL to the Campground? If so, how do we get to the campire program once we are at Fort Wilderness?

Thanks!!!!!

vicster
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, you can take the boat from WL to FW. Just ask someone at FW the directions to the campfire - that would be your best bet. The campground is in loops and it is behind the 600 loop.

ibrowse17
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Not sure about the rules for that hotel, but we have know folks from other resorts to come to the campfire. You can catch the boat from WL to FW, or ride the bus. We like the boat better, as it adds a lot to the feel of the campground and WL. You can ride a bus almost anywhere else at Disney. From the Settlement area, ride an internal bus ( Purple does not go there, so catch Yellow or Orange) to the Meadows Trading Post. The campfire area is a short walk from the trading post:thumbsup:

Pinoke68
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the quick responses!

I guess I'll just try to call the campground directly to see if we will be allowed to attend being that we are staying at the Wyndam Palace.

Thanks again!:mickey:

tiaramom
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I Read Somewhere That Port Orleans Riverside Has A Camp Fire With $5.00 Roasting Marshmellow Supplies - Feb
Is This True???
Anyone Know Or Have Been?
Thanks

Figaro
10-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I personally can't remember if their picky about the campfire, but I don't think soo. You can catch the boat from WL to FW. Once at FW, It's a short walk past the marina to the bus stop. I can't remember which line it is that takes you to the Bike Barn, but look for the route that goes to the Bike Barn and/or Meadows Pool. :thumbsup:

Iluvpooh
10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
They do not ask if you are a Disney resort guest or not. We stayed at the Grosvenor last year for a few days and there was no problem at all. I think they just put that in there to discourage any and every one staying in Orlando from coming.

We will see you there on the 27th. It will be me and DH and DDs 3&4. I still haven't seen Narnia so I am looking forward to the movie. We are also going back on the 28th for Monsters Inc. (DD4's favorite movie)

hockeymom
10-14-2007, 05:06 AM
I don't think that you will have a problem either. We have never been asked where we are staying or even if we are guests while riding the bus system etc.