PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 9

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Cast: Me - 37
DW - 36
DS - 5

Thursday, September 27:

Happy Birthday to me! I turn 37 today and can’t think of a better place to be than Disney World! We slept in a little today and then DS and I walked down to Generation Gap Bridge to look around for a bit. We saw some fish and turtles, but no fish-eating bird swimming underwater like DW did the other day. Bummer! We stopped by the front desk on the way out so I could get my Birthday Button before jumping on a bus to Epcot. I’m not the kind of person to seek out attention, but I must admit it was kinda neat to have strangers tell you “Happy Birthday” all day! We arrived at Epcot around 10:00 with the intention of hitting the rest of the Kidcot stops. We stopped first at the Character Connection, but the line was very long, so we decided to head to The Land and go on Soarin’. After standing in line for about 30 minutes, we finally got seated in the chair and DS decided he didn’t want to go. We promised him that it was not fast or scary, and reminded him that he had ridden it when he was 3 and liked it, but he rationalized that since we had to wear seatbelts, it HAD to be fast and go up and down. He refused to ride. So we all got off! Instead, he wanted to ride Living with the Land again, so we did. By then it was close to lunch, so DW and DS ate at Seasons in The Land. I was in the mood for the Tangierine Café in Morocco, so I headed over there. They were getting ready for the Food and Wine Festival, which starts tomorrow, and there were lots of booths set up. I walked to Morocco, had lunch, and walked back to meet DW and DS at Turtle Talk, since DS wanted to see him again. After that we decided to check out the character meet in Innovations that was for Disney Visa Card holders only. We had never been before, but it was suppose to be a meet with some characters, and you got a free 5x7 photo. We stood in line for almost 45 minutes before we got in. Mickey and Pluto were there; however, we were informed that the photopass person was not there because their camera had stopped working! We had just stood in line for 45 minutes to get a free photo, and now there would be none! We were not too happy that somebody had not informed us as we stood in line. When we left there, DW wanted to do some shopping. She also went to customer relations to see if we could get a different photo from our photopass as our free one, while DS and I headed to the World Showcase.

We went to China first so we could see the acrobats. We watched them perform and then went to the Kidcot area. The other day we had bought the little passport books they sell – we though it would be a neat keepsake for DS. So they stamped his book and his mask, which he had started in Canada the other day. From there, we went to Italy so we could see Sergio perform. He was pretty entertaining. We go stamped there and DW met back up with us there. We went from there and worked our way back toward the front of Epcot, stopping at Germany, Norway and Mexico for more Kidcot stops. In Mexico we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour. I always thought the old version was a little cheesy. The new version was much better, in my opinion. From there it was time to head for the exit to take a monorail to the Polynesian for dinner at Kona Kafe.

We had a 5:30 ADR and checked in about 10 minutes early. We were seated promptly at 5:30. Dinner was just OK. I had read lots of posts that this was one of people’s favorites. I don’t know if we just went on a bad night or what, but I was unimpressed. I would take Ohana over Kona Kafe any day. After dinner, we headed to the monorail for a ride back to Magic Kingdom. We were lucky enough to get the front again, and this time, the driver was much more talkative and nice. When we got to the MK, we found a spot on the hub of Main Street and waited for Spectromagic. DS played games with a CM and some other kids while we waited. It was very hot and muggy this evening. The parade started about 15 minutes late for some reason, but was good as usual. When it was over, I went to get some water and popcorn before Wishes. Every time I see Wishes, it seems better than the last time. I always seem to notice something different! When it was over, we took a few more pictures and then slowly worked our way to the exit, stopping for a little shopping on the way. We sat on the steps of one of the shops and soaked up as much of the atmosphere as we could before heading for the busses. When we got back to POP, there more towel creations waiting for us – what looked like a little bear and a Mickey head! Very cool! We took quick showers, put DS to bed and started the sad task of packing. In the process, we realized that we had lost DS’s passport book! I was bummed. It must have been on the monorail or at Kona Kafe. I will call in the morning in the off chance somebody turned it in. Tomorrow we will check out and head to Epcot for the day. Our ME bus leaves at 4:15 pm:(

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a fabulous birthday, happy belated one to ya!!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Happy belated birthday! What a great finale to a wonderful trip.

Packing really takes the wind out of your sails the last night at Disney, doesn't it? The Friday night before our departure day is a killer for me!

I hope you were successful in finding DS' passport. On to the last day . . . :(

AbeeNormal
10-11-2007, 12:05 AM
:birthday::cake::hi::dance:

What a great idea to where the button. I don't know if I would have been that brave but seeing you do that makes me think I should too.:thumbsup:

Disdad13
10-11-2007, 11:12 AM
What a great idea to where the button. I don't know if I would have been that brave but seeing you do that makes me think I should too.

By all means, do it! I didn't want to either, but DW insisted. I was glad I did. I felt a little awkward at first, but it turned out to be kinda fun. Do it and enjoy the attention!!

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Ah yes, the dreaded packing :( :(

Hopefully you find the passport book -

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a great way to spend your b-day.

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I have to say, I would eat up all the attention if I was ever able to wear the birthday button. However, we are never able to go during my birthday because it is such a busy time at work for me. Oh well!! No big deal! Any day at Disney is a good day, birthday or not!!

Happy belated birthday!! Now you are as old as me!!:secret:

faline
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Great way to spend your birthday! Happy belated! :party: