PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia Gardens

Meteora
10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi all,

My family is going to be staying in the Swan for a few nights during Christmas week, so we thought we might take advantage of the proximity and do some Disney mini-golf, which we have never done before. We all really like mini-golf, but we usually go to the less expensive (though probably less exciting) Pirate's Cove offsite. Is Fantasia Gardens worth the ten dollar/person price? Also, since I'm sure it, like everything else, will be very crowded that week, are there any "off-peak" golf times you would recommend going? We're all (basically) adults, so we don't mind going at night.

Thanks!

mrp4352
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
It's fun! Are you a passholder, there's a discount for them...

It's not as hard as some other courses I've played, but there are lots of unique Disney touches that make it fun. Also, if you time playing when Fantasmic is going off, you can hear the show and see the fireworks!

Figment!
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
The Gardens Course is well worth the money in our opinion. The holes are well themed from the movie and have some fun elements.

The Fairways Course is unique in some of the real-golf-like challenges it offers, but it certainly lacks that classic mini-golf feel.

It really is a very short walk from the Swan & Dolphin. It is just across a cross-walk to the other side of the street making it very convenient.

We've always found it rather crowded in the evenings, but have had decent success going during Early Evening/Dinner time range.

Momof2boys
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
If you have a Disney Visa they currently have 50% mini-golf - I'm pretty sure it goes until the end of December.

We'll be doing our first DIsney mini golf this month, but we're trying Winter Summerland.

tinkerbell04
10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
We tried Fantasia Gardens for the first time this summer and we loved it. It was crowded, but they give you a tee time so you know what time to report back to start your game. That alos avoids the classic back-up with players at each hole. I thought the course itself was fun and the kids had a blast.:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
It's a very fun time to go there and play mini golf. It's busier at night. If you really want to avoid the crowds, try playing in the morning.

AdventurerKim
10-13-2007, 10:02 AM
If you have a Disney Visa they currently have 50% mini-golf - I'm pretty sure it goes until the end of December.

We'll be doing our first DIsney mini golf this month, but we're trying Winter Summerland.

Thanks for posting that info about the Disney Visa gold discount! I'll remeber it in Nov. when we're there. We always play at Fantasia and love it! It's a fun diversion in the afternoon or evening. We'd pay the full $10 if we didn't have someting that gives us a discount like the DV; we've had AP's and used that discount in the past. Usually we play two games if it's not too crowded. We've found that the later in the day/evening/night you go, the more crowded it is.

Tink#64
10-27-2007, 10:31 AM
We played there last year & we loved it! DS's were 8 & 10, & we all loved the theme. We pay around $7.00 per person to play at home (on your run of the mill mini golf course) so the price was not out of line to us. We played around 8 or 9 pm, but it was shortly after a rain storm so it was not crowded at all. We really enjoyed our evening & plan to try Winter/Summerland next trip!
:golf:

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
We played the Fairways course about 10 days ago and the sand traps have all had the sand removed from them. This actually changes the course a lot and we didn't find it as much fun as previous years as a result. I might stick to the Gardens and yes I think its worth the price.

busterthebronco
10-27-2007, 09:26 PM
i know you are going for the location but for Christmas the winter/summerland course would be neat.
either way i think you get 50% off your second game if you play both courses.:thumbsup: