PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 6

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Monday, September 24:

Ds and I slept in late today – almost until 10:00. DW had gotten up earlier and walked the grounds some. She went on Generation Gap Bridge and said she saw fish, turtles, and some kind of bird that was swimming under water catching fish! I would have liked to see that! When we were all up and going, we caught the bus to Epcot. We arrived around 11:00 or 11:30, took some pictures and decided to get lunch before doing anything. DW and DS went to the Electric Umbrella and I went to La Cantina de San Angel. I went back to the EU when I was done, found them and we all went to check and see how long the line was at the Character Connection. It was a pretty long line and we didn’t want to wait, so we decided to go to the other side of Innovations and went on Ellen’s Universe of Energy. This ride seems a bit dated, but we all enjou it. After that we were able to see the Jammitors perform. They were pretty good. We then headed back to the Character Connection, but the line was still very long, so we headed to the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Pretty lame if you ask me. Seems like they could have done more with this if they wanted to. There was never a line for this ride that we saw, and there were always a lot of empty shells, so I guess we were not the only ones who felt that way.

From there, we went to see Turtle Talk with Crush – one of our favorites. It was good as always. When that was done we just looked around inside for a while. On the observation level we were lucky enough to see them training one of the dolphins. There was a trainer on one side of the tank that would hold up a small shape made out of plastic pipes. The dolphin would swim up to the glass, look at the shape and then swim to the other side of the tank where there was another trainer. This trainer had the same three shapes the first one had, and would hang them in different orders every time. The dolphin would then come over and point to the shape he had just seen on the other side. It was really cool to watch. Anyway, after that we headed to The Land and rode Living With the Land. We checked on Soarin’, but it was a 50 minute wait, so we decided to try something else. We headed back to the other side of Innovations and went to Figment. After that, we made a couple of silly emails and then went to see the jumping fountains. DW was on side and DS and I were on the other. DW was leaning on the side of the fountain and getting ready to take a picture of DS and me. All of the sudden I look and there is a little squirrel standing there on the ledge right in front of DW, just staring at her and looking like he would jump on her at any minute! It took a few seconds for me to get her attention. She finally looked down and saw him. He just sat there staring at her. He finally jumped down and ran up a nearby tree. A few minutes later he came back out and went right to her feet again. He visited a few other people before finally scurrying away. From there we headed to Test Track. DS didn’t want to ride and the single ride line was short, so I went first and then DW went when I was done. We were gonna go to Mexico and ride the boat ride before heading to Canada and checking in for dinner, but we decided it would be rushing too much. So we just took a nice slow walk from where we were to Canada, with a few stops for window shopping along the way.

Our ADR was not until 7:50, but we checked in early in hopes that we would be seated early. DS did the KidCot Stop – his first, while we waited. We were finally seated around 7:45. DW had the NY Strip and I had the Fillet. They were both pretty good. We asked for dessert to go so we could catch Illuminations. Even though it was almost 9:00 we were still able to get a good spot. It was awesome as always. I don’t know if I could ever get tired of that show! I will be sad when they change it. After the show we grabbed a bench and just sat and relaxed and soaked in the sights and sounds of Epcot at night. Did I mention I just love it there? We finally managed to drag ourselves to the exit and caught the bus back to POP. The drive was a lot of fun, as the driver was asking lots of Disney trivia questions and just having fun. When we got back it was baths and showers and off to bed. Tomorrow will be another fairly early morning, with most of the day at Animal Kingdom, and an ADR at Garden Grill (and Illuminations again!).

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
How awesome. I love LeCellier and Illuminations!!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 03:28 PM
You guys haven't slowed down yet! Really cool to see the training with the dolphins. I agree, LeCellier & Illuminations equals one perfect night!

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Glad you had another full day. It's like being there with the family - Thanks so much:D

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Sounds like such an awesome trip. What a break from reality, eh?? I can not wait to try Le Cellier on our next trip. When that trip will be, not sure. However, Le Cellier is a must!!

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Ellen was just talking about her robot in Energy the other day on her talk show and how it was a bit dated. But it's still a nice relaxing ride.

Dinner sounds :tasty:

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Sounds like another great day.

faline
10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
The bird your wife saw was probably a commorant. They dive for fish. Later, they will sit on on a fence or a rock with the wings spread out to dry.

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
another good day at epcot!!..did you happen to get a picture of your little squirrel friend your wife made? :mickey: