PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 5

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Sunday, September 23:

I got up at 6:45 this morning so I could pick up our Hoop Dee Doo tickets. DW and DS were up and ready when I got back and we were on the bus by 7:30 and at the Magic Kingdom in time for the opening. We had gone early today for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. DS ended up playing some games with Mickey and Pluto, rode the carousel with Chip n’ Dale and played with Tigger and Pooh. We also all rode Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White, Buzz, and the Speedway cars. By then it was 10:00, so we went to Toon Town. We finally talked DS into trying Goofy’s Barnstormer – he did NOT like it. After that, DS played on the little playground for a few minutes before we walked thru Mickey’s house. We were gonna see characters, but the lines were too long, and we were hungry for lunch. So we decided to go to Casey’s for an early lunch since we had an early dinner that night. I was pretty disappointed in Casey’s. I just really thought it would be a lot better than it was. Anyway, after that, we were gonna try Jungle Cruise and Pirates, but the lines were too long, so we walked over to Frontierland and watched the Country Bear Jamboree. After that, it looked like it was going to storm again, so we decided to duck into the Hall of Presidents. I hadn’t been in this since I was a kid, and I had forgotten how cool it was. The movements and mannerisms are really pretty neat. After that, we wandered back to the Jungle Cruise and decided to ride, even though the wait was about 20 minutes. When we got off, it looked like it was gonna rain again, so we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room and enjoyed the show. When we got out of there, it was still raining, so we just hung out and ate ice cream. When we were done, it was still raining a little, but we made our way over to Pirates and walked on. When the ride was over it was really pouring, so we were stuck in the gift shop for about 20 minutes. We finally had to go out in the rain and head for the exit so we could catch a boat to Ft. Wilderness for our 5:00 Hoop Dee Doo.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I had very low expectations about HDD – I am just not into HeeHaw humor. But this ended up being one of the best meals we have ever had at Disney – not for the food but for the entertainment. The food was ok, but we all really enjoyed the show. It was a lot of fun! We were seated in the balcony on the side. I think I would rather be in the balcony than in the preferred seating on the floor - you have a perfect view. We laughed and clapped the whole time. We would definitely go back, and encourage anyone considering it to go. By the time the show was over, it was sprinkling again! We took the boat back to MK and got a spot in the hub right in front of the castle and waited for Wishes. The rain finally did stop and it turned into a perfect night! It was Extra Magic Hours that night, so when Wishes was over, we just kind of hung out for a while. We had originally planned to just go back to the hotel after Wishes since we had been up early, but DS had other plans. We ended up taking quite a few photopass pics, rode COP, Trans. Authority, went to the Laugh Floor, Mickey’s Philharmagic and It’s a Small World. We didn’t leave the park until after 11:00! I, for one, was beat! To make matters worse, the bus driver missed a turn on the way back to POP, so it took twice as long to get back. DS was in bed, finally, after a bath, around midnight. And I finally got to bed around 12:45. Tomorrow is a sleep-in day and then we will be at Epcot all day with an ADR at LeCellier at 7:50!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
WOW - another long, adventurous day. Isn't it amazing how the youngest of kids can sometimes outlast us adults!

Thanks for sharing more wonderful memories with us! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Another good day, but one question, why don't you take advantage of Fast Pass?

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 02:48 PM
one question, why don't you take advantage of Fast Pass?

If there was something we REALLY wanted to do, we would. But for things that are not a MUST, we just figure we will get back to it. And if we don't, no big deal. Fast Passes are great, and we have used them before, but we don't use them unless we absolutely have to. Thanks for reading!

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Wow.... Really fun to hear about Hoop Dee Doo I've never heard of it until now. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll definitly look into that.:thumbsup: Your DS is a little trooper glad to hear you could keep up;)

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
We, too, absolutely LOVE HDD!! It is SUCH an amazing show with wonderful humor and we actually really enjoy the food as well. Heck, all-you-can-eat anything (not to mention drink) is a wonderful deal. By the end of dinner, it looked like a boneyard on our table. My nephew and I really put down the ribs!! I agree with you on the balcony seats. You really can't go wrong on the seating. I would do this show over and over and over. That is probably why it is one of the longest running shows at Disney!:mickey:

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Great review for Hoop Dee Doo - we'ver never been but it seems like it's always a crowd pleaser.

What a long (but accomplished) day.

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
wow it sounds like another long, but great day.

faline
10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Hoop De Doo is always such a fun time! Glad you enjoyed it!

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 03:53 PM
wow what a long day..but you sure did manage to do alot today!! im glad you and your family enjoyed the Hoop Dee Doo..:mickey:

TBY2225
10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I have been wondering about HDD. Thanks for the info! I agree with the other posters that fast passes can be great! During that week we were there, most return times were less than a hour. This makes it great to go see a show or another ride and then it is your return time!