PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 3

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Friday, September 21:

Got up around 8:00 this morning, ate a quick breakfast in the room and headed to the bus for MGM. We arrived at MGM by 9:30 and headed straight for Tower of Terror. Rock ‘n Roller Coaster was closed for refurb (I was totally bummed, as this is my favorite coaster at Disney), but at least TOT was up and running. I was afraid TOT would be really busy, especially since RnR was closed, but, surprisingly, we were able to walk on! DW had never tried it before and said she would give it a try this time. DS would have none of it. I went first and was gonna try to tape it, but it was too dark for the camera, so I just enjoyed the thrill. DW went next and…she liked it! I wasn’t sure if she would, but she said she did. When we were done there, we were able to catch the first show of Beauty and the Beast, with 4 for a Dollar beforehand. I could sit thru an entire show of just 4 for a Dollar. They were awesome! Anyway, B&B was very good. After that, we decided to seek out some characters for some photos, as it was our third day and we still had no signatures yet! Alas, there were no characters out and about, which I thought was very odd. Last two times we had been here, there were always characters under the giant hat. But not today. DS decided he wanted to try to draw a character, so we went to the Animation Station. There we saw Remy and Emile, and DS got pics with them as well as autographs. Mr. and Mrs. Incredible were also there with Frozone, but for some reason, DS did not want to go see them. We checked on the next animation class, and it didn’t start for another half hour. We didn’t want to wait, so we decided to head out. Goliath was out, so DS got his picture with him. We had never been to One Man's Dream before, so we decided to check that out next. Amazing foresight for a man. It was very interesting, but FREEZING cold in there! We couldn’t hardly wait for the movie part to be over so we could get out of there and get warmed up!

By this time, it was close to our 1:00 ADR at 50s Prime Time Café, so we headed that way and got checked in. We had cousin Elisabeth this time, and she was fun. Not over the top and loud, but playful and fun nonetheless. I had pot roast and a malt – both were excellent. DW had fried chicken and DS had Mac ‘n Cheese (and some of my roast). When we had had our fill, we left and made our way over to Star Tours. Not a great idea on a full stomach, but still fun. DS even gave it a try this time – his first. I think he thought it was ok, but he sure wasn’t in a hurry to ride it again. When we came out, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper were there signing autographs and taking pics, but they had cut off the line, so we didn’t get any. Bummer! By now it was close to 3:00 anyway, so we looked for a spot to watch the parade. The sun was killer hot, so we opted for a shady spot that was not as good of a view, but it was still fun. After the parade, it was off to Muppets 3D to cool off again. This was one of DS’s favorites last year, and we all enjoyed it. Then we decided to take the Backlot Tour. After that, it was about 5:30 and we decided to grab a quick bite to eat. After that, it was a ride on The Great Movie Ride, followed by the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Then, it was time to head toward Fantasmic to get a seat. We ended up about 20 rows back – dead center. It had cooled down considerably and turned out to be a beautiful night. Fantasmic was fantastic, as always, and we took our time leaving the park afterwards, stopping on the way out to do a little browsing before catching the bus back to POP. When we got back, there were three more towel creatures! There was a small bunny, a complete dog (small) and a little rag doll girl! When I had left the tip for Mousekeeping that morning, I had thanked them for the original little sheep head and told them we would love to see more of their towel art – I’m glad they did! After baths and showers, it was off to bed. Tomorrow is Typhoon Lagoon and dinner at Rose and Crown!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm glad you had an enjoyable day at the Studios. Funny enough, Tower of Terror is one of the few attractions in all of Disney that we've never ventured on. DS loves RnRC, but won't go near ToT!

I'm really enjoying your trip reports - on to the next installment! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Another fabulous day!!

disneydrmr
10-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Lots of fun! Awesome about the abundance of towel animals! Sounds like your trip is being touched with some magic!

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
What a great time and it sounds like DS is holding up well. :cloud9:

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I absolutely love Prime Time as well as do my DDs. I would have been devastated if RnRC was not up and running though. However, sounds like you still made the most of your day in DS. Glad to see you're enjoying your stay at POP. I LOVE that place!:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
We love Fantasmic & even better when it's a beautiful night out.

We've never eaten at 50's because I don't think DH would like so much interaction but it sounds like the food was really good.

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
sounds like another great day.

faline
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
We did the movie at One Man's Dream last week. It was freezing when we were there as well!

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
another great day...sorry about RnRC being down...just a reason to come back some other time:D...and wow you guys really got alot of towel creations today!! :mickey:

TBY2225
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Sounds like our families have alot in common. We enjoyed 50's and were bummed about RnR being down too! At least it gave us an extra incentive to book another trip!