PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 2

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Thursday, September 20:

We slept in quite late today – about 10:00 or so! We all needed it, though, after the long day yesterday. We didn’t want to get burned out on the second day of a 10-day trip! We called to see if there was another room available, and they said they could get us a room on the lake side later that day, so we packed everything up and, after a quick breakfast in the room, headed back to the Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, it was already almost 1:00 by the time we got there. DS wanted to ride the train, so we did that first thing and took it to Frontierland and got off. We intended to ride Splash Mountain, but there was a 50 minute wait, and we really needed to eat lunch since we had an early ADR at Ohana. We decided on Pecos Bills (which was crazy busy – way too few servers behind the counter). After that, we checked Splash again, but it was still 50 minutes, so we decided to go to Tomorrowland for a while and maybe check on Splash during the parade. We first went to the Laugh Floor. It was pretty funny. When we got out of there, it was pouring rain, so, since we could get to Buzz without getting wet, we walked on to that to battle Zurg again. By the time we were done there, it had stopped raining, so we decided to go on Carousel of Progress. Stitch was out front, so we stopped there first so DS could get his autograph and photo. Then it was on to COP. We had never been on this before. DW said she slept through most of it, and I am sure most of it was lost on DS, but I rather liked it. I thought it was a fun little look at how things have changed (progressed!) over the years. Anyway, from there we went to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. This was another one we had never been on. It was a nice break from walking, but that was about all.

After that, DS wanted to go to the Laugh Floor again. The wait was only about 10 minutes, so we did. Though the cuteness and newness had already started to wear off for DW and I, DS was still pleased and excited that we had once again successfully filled the canister! From there, we hopped across the street to check out Stitch’s Great Escape – yet another first for all three of us. It will be our last. Pretty sorry excuse for a ride, if you ask me. Oh well. At least we can say that we have done it. After that, DS decided that he wanted to take a spin at the Speedway. So DW and he rode in one car and I rode solo behind them. DS seemed to like it. At that point, we decided to head to the other side of the park and check on Splash Mountain again. We stopped on the way at the Shooting Gallery and DW squeezed off a few rounds, though the rifles were so heavy he could hardly even lift them up. We checked on Splash, but it was now up to an 80 minute wait. And, since we had an early ADR, we decided to go ahead and head that way. We made our way to the exit (with DS wanting to stop at EVERY SINGLE stand that was selling any kind of gun) and hopped on the monorail over to the Polynesian and Ohana. We checked in for our 5:40 and were seated about 20 minutes later. It absolutely poured while we were waiting, and looked like it could rain for quite a while.

Dinner was awesome! Ohana is easily my favorite restaurant in all of Disney, and it did not disappoint. When we were done, the plan was to take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom to get a spot for the Spectromagic Parade and Wishes. However, it was REALLY pouring at this point. We stayed on the platform for a while waiting for a monorail to show up with the front open. The third one that came through was available, so we got to sit in the front! The monorail is just about DS’s favorite thing at Disney, so it was a real thrill for him. It was rainy and the window was kind of fogged over, so it was hard to see real well, and the pilot was not at all friendly or talkative (we tried!), but it was still fun. We all got our Jr. Pilot license upon exit at the MK, and it had stopped raining, so we went on in to look for a spot for the parade. It was packed! As we were looking for a spot, it started to sprinkle again. We didn’t find any good spots, and since it was still sprinkling and we had another chance to catch the parade next week, we decided to just call it a night and head back to POP, get unpacked, and hopefully get to bed early. When we got back, they had moved us to the 3rd floor of 50s on the lake side – Room 3333. MUCH better. Tomorrow is MGM day!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
We made our way to the exit (with DS wanting to stop at EVERY SINGLE stand that was selling any kind of gun). Ah yes, I remember my DS at that age well! :D

WOW - lots of "firsts" for you today . . . and DH and I will TOTALLY agree with you on Stitch (but not our 9-year old DS).

I'm pleased to hear you were able to switch to a more satisfactory room. Looking forward to reading more! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Sounds great. We love the TTA and CoP, but agree with you about Stitch. I love him, just not the attraction.

disneydrmr
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Another fun day for your family! At least the rain held off until evening!

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Another Great Day...... :cloud9:

Sounds like the Stitch ride left something to be desired though..:( That's too bad.

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Isn't it great when you are able to just pass something up if you can't find a good spot or if the line is too long?? That is what I love about longer trips...the freedom not to have to do things as you stumble upon them and just settle for sub par because you have no other choice. :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Hopefully the rain doesn't hang around all week. You definately got your exercise in for the day walking back & forth across the park.

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Sounds like a great day even w/ the rain.

faline
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Glad you were able to try some new things!

DizNee143
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
another great day at MK...sorry you guys never made it on Splash Mountain..hopefully you do later on in the trip!!..:mickey: